Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Introducing Radiant Electronics and the Radiant Alpha Power Meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhd

InfinitusEquitas:964277 said:
To be fair the USB cord is annoyingly short and the software and install are somewhat buggy.

Still like mine a lot despite it because of data logging.

Ditto. The USB interface and data logging are awesome!

I don't think any of my issues are issues that can be resolved via PM, are they?

If you don't like your LaserBee then send it back in the
same condition you received it and we'll refund your
LaserBee.
I would have told you that same thing in PM as well...
I'm not bwollen... I will take care of my customers...;)

To be fair the USB cord is annoyingly short and the software and install are somewhat buggy.

Still like mine a lot despite it because of data logging.

To be fair.... for the very affordable discounted price of a
LaserBee 2.5W offered on the Forum that we sell discounted
on eBay for over $200.00 shipped... we believe the customer
could easily afford one of these...:beer:

NEW USB 2.0 MALE AM M TO FEMALE F EXTENSION CABLE | eBay

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Last edited:
Something a little bit weird with the new stocked Alphas:

1. You'd expect them to be out of stock already, based on past experience, but they are still in stock (1 left).

2. It says on the website: "Restock ETA: 4 units pending calibration on 9/9/11" and this has not changed for a week now.

3. After I made my order, I sent them an email, regarding shipping address issue. No reply till now.

Last edited:
Something a little bit wierd with the new stocked Alphas:

1. You'd expect them to be out of stock already, based on past experience, but they are still in stock (1 left).

2. It says on the web site: "Restock ETA: 4 units pending calibration on 9/9/11" and this has not changed for a week now.

3. After I made my order, I sent them an email, regarding shipping adrress issue. No reply till now.

Hmmm..... Strange....
I though they would go in minutes....:undecided:

Maybe they are busy building more....
I know we've worked all weekend catching up....

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Last edited:
Hi guys, just a quick update - I've been away most of the weekend as I had a paper to write and am dealing with a small sinus bug. All orders are still slated to ship tomorrow as usual. You will receive a shipment notice by email with your USPS tracking number.

Hmmm..... Strange....
I though they would go in minutes....
Jerry

They would have if I had sent out an email newsletter to my hundreds of subscribed customers, but with limited stock I wanted these to be available to LPF members.

Last edited:
Gee.... are you having problems with your LaserBee...:thinking:
I've been on the forum every day for months and didn't
get a PM from you explaining your issues with your
LaserBee product...:thinking:

Why don't you PM me and explain your issues... :cool:

Jerry

Maybe, just MAYBE its because your customer support is little more than a hot pile of sh:)t? I know that you charge retarded fees for simple tasks, and do NOT take care of the customer... Hell when I fixed the POS laserbee I got off you myself YOU called me a liar and spammed in my threads..... BTW ANYONE who has a problem with calibration on your laserbees, PM me and I can fix / help you fix it for FREE! NO SHIPPING NEEDED. Don't pay the $60 Jerry asks to fix a product.... it takes little time, and can be simple if you have the proper supplies on hand!

-Dustin

Let's try to keep those kinds of comments out of the thread please, but I do appreciate those that articulated their thoughts on the quality of my work :)

Anyways, more Alphas are up for sale now :)

What do they do, make 5 Alpha meters and that's it?

The website says the Alpha is now $124. What was added to have the price increase %25?

Last edited:
What do they do, make 5 Alpha meters and that's it?

The website says the Alpha is now $124. What was added to have the price increase %25?

The alphas while very simple in electronic design take significant amounts of time to construct. From sleeving the sensor wires, mixing epoxy and gluing the sensor to the heatsink, all the internal wiring, drilling and cutting the plastic enclosures, etc.

The price was increased for these last few units just to make a bit more money for my time spent and to raise funds for development of new products. I'm making sure that my future products will be optimized for rapid assembly and will be outsourcing the PCB population and soldering to a professional company.

TLDR: More meters, new features, always in stock (if all goes according to plan :p

Reactions: GBD

LaZeRz

Would connecting a DMM give the meter the capabilities to read over 2 watts of current or are the inside components/sensor not capable of over 2 amps of output? (1mW=1ma)

Last edited:

JLSE

Maybe, just MAYBE its because your customer support is little more than a hot pile of sh:)t? I know that you charge retarded fees for simple tasks, and do NOT take care of the customer... Hell when I fixed the POS laserbee I got off you myself YOU called me a liar and spammed in my threads..... BTW ANYONE who has a problem with calibration on your laserbees, PM me and I can fix / help you fix it for FREE! NO SHIPPING NEEDED. Don't pay the $60 Jerry asks to fix a product.... it takes little time, and can be simple if you have the proper supplies on hand!

-Dustin

:toilet:

Would connecting a DMM give the meter the capabilities to read over 2 watts of current or are the inside components/sensor not capable of over 2 amps of output? (1mW=1ma)

You can connect a multimeter to the amp inside the meter to expand the power range a bit, but beyond 3 watts the heatsink is overloaded and tends to skew the results.

You will also have to re calibrate the meter to your DMM display aswell. So it might not be a good idea.

Not all displays are equal.

Your DDM display can have readings as high as 100mW+ More on the top end then the On board Display or show Lower in Reading then what the On board display shows.

Iam Sure MM can Confirm this or can take my word for it.;)\

Edit:

Here is a Good Example.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.