Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I'm selling some masterpieces from my handheld collection ...

I necro'd when first joining, my first post was one. I had been searching on Google for answers to IR laser focusing and FAP800's and there it was, a link to LPF where people were discussing it. So, I jumped right in and posted to the thread with questions and was promptly wet noodle whipped about the head and shoulders for it. Now, that's a new member walking into it without even looking at the date the last post was, but it would not had mattered anyway. My position is if a forum does not lock threads, they are open to post to.

So, this begs the question why threads are not routinely locked after a period of time, one year, or whatever.... Probably because it takes a lot of work at the rate we post, but if they are left open to post to, I understand the dislike of raising the dead, especially in threads the members who created them are no longer active, but if a valid question is brought forward, it is better than starting a new thread, I think...

Edit, adding an after thought: but in reality there is a big draw back to doing so, members who have not been following that thread won't dig to the bottom to find the new post, so..... with that last thought I just came to, perhaps it is better to start a new thread after all.

My 2.5 cents on necro posts. I've had this position here for years, and usually when I state it someone likes to make a point against it by creating a new member name and posting to the oldest threads they can find until I tired of it, because they are playing around and not sincere.

I have suspected one of the most senior members of this forum is playing around doing that from time to time, I mean doing things to make a point, so when that happens it may not be a former banned member trolling at all. Just someone exacerbating a situation because they can with no concern of reprisal. Such is the nature of anonymous members.

Last edited:

Hi Snoop.
Nope, You cannot change the diode. In a custom build like that it would be to redo everything from scratch, everything!
But I have a good new for You: if everything goes in the right direction, tomorrow I should sell a cyclopic collection of old books
for a total of about 1200 dollars.
So, if this happens, I can re-buy the laser from You.
Please consider that I had some extra costs like FedEx and Paypal fees, so I can refund to You only the cost of the laser itself.
New courier from You to me and new Paypal fees is another cost that you have to take on. Please value if the dish is worth the candle ...

WOOT!! Miniamoto Kobashi has returned..

The above may be the last post from Riccardo.. last visit was sept 7--nothing until today--whew
HK

Last edited:
Hello friends, I'm here. With a surgical operation now I have a "stent", a mechanical palliative device that permit me to survive some months more.
I wish to thank deeply hakzaw1 and all the members that have been close to me during this devastating period.
And after 53 years of my life spent in this house, in this room, I was forced to move to another house. I have found nearby a small 45 mq very nice attic, where from the window I can only see clouds and treetops. I couldn't ask for anything better.
Since the attic costs a third of the money I took from the sale of this house, I will able to live in dignity until the end of my life.
I will live alone, together the friendship of a russian hamster, and with a dear friend who will come to see me once a week
After so many misfortunes, a bit of serenity ...
Very soon I will start moving.
And maybe, just maybe, I will also have the time and money left over to build the last laser I had in mind, the blue Katana :)

With love.

Richard.

Thank you for sharing and letting us know how you are doing, I hope you have everything planned out as well as is possible and I hope you find peace of mind during this traumatic time that I know can be overwhelming.
It seems like we feel obligated to be in anguish all of the time when the outcome of illness is known to be so devastating, when my wife was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer I decided she would just have to get better, I told her to will herself into remission......it was my way of coping and of telling her to stay positive and just live, in the end she went quickly, one moment smiling the next peacefully resting, the truth is we are all living for an unknown amount of time and we all can get lost in a moment of enjoyment and feel as well as anyone ever did, I hope you have as many happy carefree moments as are possible and I would love to see any projects you may do or see any concepts you may wish to share, take care and enjoy as much as you can and who knows, just maybe a miracle will come.

Giannis_TDM

Hello friends, I'm here. With a surgical operation now I have a "stent", a mechanical palliative device that permit me to survive some months more.
I wish to thank deeply hakzaw1 and all the members that have been close to me during this devastating period.
And after 53 years of my life spent in this house, in this room, I was forced to move to another house. I have found nearby a small 45 mq very nice attic, where from the window I can only see clouds and treetops. I couldn't ask for anything better.
Since the attic costs a third of the money I took from the sale of this house, I will able to live in dignity until the end of my life.
I will live alone, together the friendship of a russian hamster, and with a dear friend who will come to see me once a week
After so many misfortunes, a bit of serenity ...
Very soon I will start moving.
And maybe, just maybe, I will also have the time and money left over to build the last laser I had in mind, the blue Katana :)

With love.

Richard.
If that laser uses a buck topology and diode current is at 3A or below, I will donate one of my design buck drivers.

gazer101

Thank you for the update, Richard, I'm sure all of us here in your LPF "family" will be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.
Stay strong and get that Blue Katana built!
Speaking of blue Katana, here's a cool vid:

Giannis_TDM

Thank you for the update, Richard, I'm sure all of us here in your LPF "family" will be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.
Stay strong and get that Blue Katana built!
I think since it will be called Katana a 5+ A buck is in order.. I'll start designing one asap BTW small update: Designs for 500mA and 3A boosts are done and sent to the PCB fab. I just need to get some cash together to buy the components. Also, Zenodilodon has just received my 3A bucks and he will be doing a showcase/ Stress/full test video soon.

When we stopped hearing from you-- all your friends here were worried.
I, even (after some time), wondered how your Russian hamster was doing w/o you.
I worked for some time at a pet shop and had LOTS of pets-- including a few hamsters who soon became a LOT of them.
I had a Boa as my first snake--but not the last--at one time I had 26 snakes in my small cottage behind the zoo where I worked.

Last edited:
PM coming--in regard the use of the word 'sick' -English Slang-AFAIK it has not been used for very long to mean the opposite =thus a 'sick' laser is a VERY COOL one.. might just be an USA thing.
Slang.
hope you are feeling better--

hak

Last edited:
When we stopped hearing from you-- all your friends here were worried.
I, even (after some time), wondered how your Russian hamster was doing w/o you.
I worked for some time at a pet shop and had LOTS of pets-- including a few hamsters who soon became a LOT of them.
I had a Boa as my first snake--but not the last--at one time I had 26 snakes in my small cottage behind the zoo where I worked.
--Riccardo's last visit to the LPF was 43 days ago
the above was sent on Oct 9-next day was last time logging in-he may not have net access in his new place (attic bedroom)
so he read up to this post. some kind words from all. wish he had replied.
dont have any info on a cell phone- etc. we can paypal some USD with received comfirm. Sorry I did not get also any info on his weekly visit friend-email or cell.
MYB send email to his PPal addy-- hak

I am trying hard to be positive. MYB his new place is keeping Riccardo from seeing our messages or going on-line.
3 days ago I sent him a test PPal (small amount $7usd) so far it has not been 'accepted' This has been a lot like my efforts to contact Rob Banas . Very frustrating. Same thing with 'greenmechanic' Mark= We had become close friends-I stayed overnight several times on my trips to see Dad in Florida--they were about half way . They had a camper trailer in the drive way so I slept there. One time that I called I heard his voice on their answering machine== later I go no answer. He told me he had cancer. I feel like I let Mark down. I should have tried harder to stay in touch OFTEN. IMHO we should never let anything come between friends. But I DO wish we had less 'haters' at the forum. AND I need to be a better friend .
It has been >48 days w/o even a visit by MK
......hak

Last edited:

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I am trying hard to be positive. MYB his new place is keeping Riccardo from seeing our messages or going on-line.
3 days ago I sent him a test PPal (small amount $7usd) so far it has not been 'accepted' This has been a lot like my efforts to contact Rob Banas . Very frustrating. Same thing with 'greenmechanic' Mark= We had become close friends-I stayed overnight several times on my trips to see Dad in Florida--they were about half way . They had a camper trailer in the drive way so I slept there. One time that I called I heard his voice on their answering machine== later I go no answer. He told me he had cancer. I feel like I let Mark down. I should have tried harder to stay in touch OFTEN. IMHO we should never let anything come between friends. But I DO wish we had less 'haters' at the forum. AND I need to be a better friend .
It has been >48 days w/o even a visit by MK
......hak
It's ok man you just gotta chill with the demands on new members and when someone gives you constructive criticism. BTW what does "MYB" stand for?

myb maybe
I dont know what you are talking about== surly not about my posts in this thread?
You gotta find other things to do with your time instead on stalking me.