Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

If You've Actually Received Your Spyder III Arctic - Post Here

@ Arctic Haters

The Arctic is an Awesome Laser!!! After You replace the Battery, Optics, Diode, and Driver You will have the BEST Laser Ever Made. SO You can all just STFU!!!

@ Arctic Haters

The Arctic is an Awesome Laser!!! After You replace the Battery, Optics, Diode, and Driver You will have the BEST Laser Ever Made. SO You can all just STFU!!!

ROFL.gif

I'm not a hater. I just dont like crap quality. Its obvious WL was not prepared. They pushed back dates for months, and even had to remake it. It doesn't take a genius to know that did whatever they could to get these units out. And when that happens, as with everything else, quality takes a nose dive. I dont see why this is so hard to absorb. Was it a good idea, sure, but the final product is no way near quality.

I hear You TJ WL screwed the pooch on the Arctic. I did get a Bad Ass Host & some pos glasses for 200 what more could I want?

I like the host too. Its a good design, but they dropped the ball with the execution. I'm sure WL has a lot riding on it. Version 3 will be the one to buy. By then they should have all kinks worked out.

I like the host too. Its a good design, but they dropped the ball with the execution. I'm sure WL has a lot riding on it. Version 3 will be the one to buy. By then they should have all kinks worked out.

Assuming They don't fold before the G3 makes it to market.

WL has been around long enough that They should survive the Arctic fiasco, but credibility has been lost. It will be a long time before they regain the reputation they once had.

To be honest their reputation was crap to start. Last year they upped quality for a short period, but then the quality started to sag again. You are right, they may not recover, and it will be their own fault if they dont.

I couldn't get into the WL buyers club, even a few years ago. I kept looking at the price to milliwatt ratio and just wasn't willing to part with the dough. Now I see that my original instinct was true.

I think even if it is only ~10% failure rate, it still proves that Wicked's QC is absolute shit, and their Arctic (in general) is poorly-made. :cryyy:

A 10% (where did you get that # from?) failure rate of any mass produced item is pretty good actually.

When Microsoft came out with the Xbox360 it had a 54% (note 1) failure rate. That plain sucks but the xbox360 is still one of the most popular gaming consoles in the world.

Note 1: ref - http://consumerist.com/2009/08/xbox-360-failure-rate-is-542-percent-game-informer-finds.html

Ash

A 10% (where did you get that # from?) failure rate of any mass produced item is pretty good actually.
The 10% was just an example. I can't say definitively what % of Arctic units that actually made it to customers failed, but my point is that WL's build quality (for the arctic) should have been much better (due to their experience in the industry).

When Microsoft came out with the Xbox360 it had a 54% (note 1) failure rate. That plain sucks but the xbox360 is still one of the most popular gaming consoles in the world.

Note 1: ref - Xbox 360 Failure Rate is 54.2 Percent, Game Informer Finds - The Consumerist

That's only because if you want to play xbox only games, you don't have much choice.

WL, however, doesn't have the market cornered on things that output coherent photons.

CDHDC

I finally received mine today. Ordered June 9th... I've seen pics of others and was starting to get feel let down on the qaulity, but mine seems pretty darn nice. The led indicator lights are perfectly square and centered. The host is flawless with no nicks or scratches. And the lens assembly and tail cap thread nice and tight with no grabbing or globs of grease. I am thoroughly impressed for the price. I hope I'm not just a lucky one and that they have production down for everybody else. I'm out of town so I can't really do a decent review on my iPhone, but I will in the coming week. My only complaint is I ordered it at the launch and just received it. That and I requested G1 5 times and received a G2. I kinda like it, except for the fact that you can't just click it on. Anyone know how to attach pics with my phone?

Congrats on receiving your Arctic, I know its been a long wait; please don't use the WL supplied battery, its dangerous; otherwise have fun & enjoy.

Stay Safe.

ZapU

I finally received mine today. Ordered June 9th... I've seen pics of others and was starting to get feel let down on the qaulity, but mine seems pretty darn nice. The led indicator lights are perfectly square and centered. The host is flawless with no nicks or scratches. And the lens assembly and tail cap thread nice and tight with no grabbing or globs of grease. I am thoroughly impressed for the price. I hope I'm not just a lucky one and that they have production down for everybody else. I'm out of town so I can't really do a decent review on my iPhone, but I will in the coming week. My only complaint is I ordered it at the launch and just received it. That and I requested G1 5 times and received a G2. I kinda like it, except for the fact that you can't just click it on. Anyone know how to attach pics with my phone?

Congrats! You might want to check out the tutorial in my sig for using your Arctic (shameless plug). Just saw a post from someone who broke his wires to the diode, something I had warned about.

Heleno

i've benn offline for some weeks due to work -
caould you please tell me what are the good batteries and the good'n'cheap ones?
i read that the trustfir from Dealxtreme is too big for arctic host.
btw: is there any problem with WL suplied re-charger?
thx!

WRM

Received my Arctic G2 today (EMS to USPS, Saturday delivery). I also received the extra pair of goggles and the lens pen. My order number was in the early 48000's. Bill

Ordered June 9th, got my laser yesterday (G2). So far I am very happy, the packaging material looks kinda shoddy, but otherwise this thing feels very well made.