Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

If you had unlimited money, and time, what would you build?

I would open a lab and research laser diodes so I could mske a diode the size of a frying pan with an emitter the size of a snickers bar

Might as well just go and build an even bigger one and stick it on some large round satellite in orbit. Like a big moon or something. You could call it "The Death Star' or something catchy like that ;)

I gave one answer already. But I have another one. I would want to see the first laser mounted on a tank. Specifically to take out incoming missiles and shells. Other than that I would want the first 1k watt 445 or 473 to piss off the neighbors

I've read some stuff about the millitary wanting to use large lasers in C130s and other large aircraft. I think some sort of large tank or BTR could definitely use a laser like that. Probably not gonna stop an incoming shell, although it might weaken it.

I would build or acquire a ruby laser with a Q switch to make portrait holograms. No need for optical tables or worrying about air currents. I know it's been done and I've seen them, but I have never done one.

I would build or acquire a ruby laser with a Q switch to make portrait holograms. No need for optical tables or worrying about air currents. I know it's been done and I've seen them, but I have never done one.

Whoa! Do you have any examples of what that would look like? I'm really interested to see what you're talking about.

I can't show you one, but they are usually glass photographic plates about 24 inches across and look like a monochromatic image of the person. There is a very famous one of Dennis Gabor who won a Nobel Prize for the physics involved in making one long before the laser was ever constructed.

I can't show you one, but they are usually glass photographic plates about 24 inches across and look like a monochromatic image of the person. There is a very famous one of Dennis Gabor who won a Nobel Prize for the physics involved in making one long before the laser was ever constructed.

I'll have to do some googling then ;)
Thanks for your interesting suggestion!

Oh man that would be sick! I just wish there was a way to stop light at a certain point instead of it going on forever :p+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
There is.. right?? a marble rolls to the end- the sabre makes actual sounds from movie- the top $$$$ one can be used in mock combat.. will take a good hit. IIRC it may have been uber bright LED powered -- the work on the handle was top shelf- I had it for a day while middlemanning for a friend in China-- it was IIRC the mid ranged priced one. LED for sure but VERY bright. iT DID NOT COME W/ THE SOUNDS-
Or create some sort of hardlight :rolleyes:

A projector that puts out 100W of white. I'd like to have 405, 445, 473, 488, 514, 532, 589, something that is actually orange, 635, 660 and maybe 685 in it. With all that, it should produce just about any color visible to the human eye. It would also be able to scan rasters without flickering at a full 60 degrees off center.
+++ ^^^
BAM! MY CHOICE WOULD NOT BE HANDHELD.

For pointers, I'd like to have a 1W TEM00 510nm and a 1W TEM00 610nm. Both with 1mrad.

^^^Another great choice!! by Paul..
I would have a BIG RV full of laser lights , sound system and do ALL the LEMs and other events like festivals.
and have and an on-board lab/clean room.:wave::D:na:

^^^Another great choice!! by Paul..
I would have a BIG RV full of laser lights , sound system and do ALL the LEMs and other events like festivals.
and have and an on-board lab/clean room.:wave::D:na:

Get a 747, 777 or A380 and have an airborne club.

those all sound cool. but lets be realistic for a sec who would not want a laser that could fry countries that pissed you off.; Protron radiation cooked people Yummy

Get a 747, 777 or A380 and have an airborne club.

OR be olde school in a 'G-thang' Goldstar..
nah.. I am in no hurry- & I would be at home in MY RV everywhere I drive..

I always really liked the campers in the parking lots at SELEM & TEXLEM and often too.:whistle::tsk::p

Piss Poor 'intro' === no respect for this forum?
I wont be looking at your link.