Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I want to bring attention to something outstanding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey LPF, I'd like to draw your attention to a member who has done something worthy of extreme recognition deserving of as many rep points and praise as can be mustered.

As many of you know, Blord does builds, takes amazing photos, lives in Belgium, and is superbly excellent to do business with. I'm bringing attention to the level this excellence reaches with my account of a series of interactions and transactions with the man. Chronological order seems appropriate.

I contact Blord to commission three unspecified things, for $110, $180, and $80. I payed and then received the unspecified things. Blord shipped them for free just because I purchased three, try finding a company willing to do that

When I got them, the $110 unspecified thing worked for maybe three minutes total before failure. Blord agreed to repair it free of charge, if I would just send it back to him. I didn't want to wait to get it back, and first started a thread to see if any U.S. members could fix it for me, but finally agreed to return it to Blord.

I decided to commission an unspecified $450 thing from Blord while he still had my unspecified $110 broken thing. I told him to hold off on sending the unspecified broken thing back until he could send both, (in hindsight, a bad idea). During this time, another unspecified $180 thing burned out on me. I asked Blord to also make a new unspecified thing to replace this as well (this time I payed for replacement, which was fine), without some unspecified components which I still had. I asked to make the unspecified things (but not the unspecified $450 thing) driven at slightly lower currents to hopefully get longer lifetime from my unspecified things, as I can't and don't want to be replacing them too often. For all my "trouble", Blord threw in a free unspecified thing, probably worth $100:D

I asked that no batteries be sent, as I have the types I need and mine are superb, so Blord did express shipping even though I said it wasn't necessary. Here's when the story gets really sad, get your Kleenex ready. Customs seems to have taken this package containing unspecified stuff, Roughly $750 worth of unspecified stuff. It's still too early to say they won't release it, but the worst seems likely, as the tracking says "handed over to customs" for every weekday this last week.:cryyy:

I contacted Blord to express my sadness and let him know. I didn't want anyone else in this country to experience my pain. I contacted Apexproxy to ascertain the possibility of builds from within this country to avoid this in the future when I can afford it again. I told Blord that this would signal the end of my business with him, unfortunately and through no fault of his own.

First he said he would refund the cost of the $450 unspecified thing if it is indeed seized. I said I could not ask this of him, but that if he chose to do this I'd be most appreciative. (and humbled) Now, a few days later, he has offered an even better solution which I won't talk about anymore in case customs scum are watching

I can't believe this. The level of generosity and integrity this requires is unsurpassed by any other transaction I have had, EVER.

So LPF, three cheers for the most awesome guy ever!!! If you'd like you can pray or rain dance or blood sacrifice or whatever that customs releases my package, but put ten times more effort into any praise to be bestowed upon Blord, he is truly an upstanding specimen of the species. I have tried to praise him as much as possible with this thread, but still I feel my words fall short of expressing how I feel.

If it isn't obvious, this thread used to be much more specific, but Blord suggested (wisely) changing it in case of "prying eyes", so sorry to all the well meaning members out there who could be trusted with such info, for the vague nature of this thread
:bowdown::worthy::gj::friend::thanks::worthy:

Last edited:

Gun

Blord's such a great guy to deal with, just amazing :D.

Refunding an unspecified thing costing $450, so generous!

Last edited:

tonyt

Dude, that is.. Well.. Unheard of really! I have heard of refunds or fixes for free but that is on another level.. Blord, your a dead set stand up guy.. Be prepared for a few days worth of rep.. Every time i can, i will rep.

Also, i shall sacrifice many virgins in the name of customs releasing your lasers :yh:

thanks you two. I hope Blord's chest is swelling with pride to bursting point, his wallet sure isn't.

and sure, sacrifice virgins, babies, lambs, doves, oxen, whatever you can get your hands on:eg:

Pman

I've counted Blord as a friend here practically since I joined. What can I say, I've got good taste:)
Honestly though, I am not that surprised. Blord really does stand behind what he does. He gets REP from me everytime I can.

just want to bump this so more people see it. maybe I put it in a bad section. I just figured I was kinda reviewing Blord's supreme awesomeness.

Yeah, I can attest that dealing with Blord is great. He sets the bar high, for sure. I would have no hesitation recommending him, vouching for him, and doing business with him again.

Sorry to hear about your customs issue, but try to stay positive. Moving through red tap is slower than swimming in winter molasses.

Cheers,
Clayton

ps. Blord's copper DominatoR rocks my socks off.

Spooky

Top man Blord :)

On a side note, "Handed to customs" can usually mean "passed on for inspection by cargo handler", it's not uncommon here in the UK for packages to show as "Handed to customs", it's when they vanish from the tracking or you get a nasty letter from customs that it's time to worry ;)

best wishes

Dave

I hope you are right spooky. Blord and I won't be jumping the gun with our plan until I do get a notice. As I mentioned there were no batteries so hopefully the inspecting agents are just scratching their heads:thinking:

Gun

I just purchased an unspecified thing from Blord that is a red/orange in colour :whistle:

Last edited:

gismo

ULO = unidentified/unspecified laser/lasing object;)

That's a term which should be started to be used from now on for any ongoing secret/underground builds/projects (strictly within buyer-seller relationship) that once they see the light/public lpf.com introduction become ILO's afterwards:p

Status
Not open for further replies.