Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I Do Not Enjoy Them More !

Radim

You can say the same thing about any interest or activity in fife. Everything takes time money, and actual experience and practice in the real world.

Is it all about what you find interesting and worthwhile--could be anything.
The foundation of human progress is the ability of homo sapiens to think individually and act accordingly.

Life is short and you only have one---every day is a gift --amazingly with each new day we all get one more chance to get life and living right/correct.
Make each day count for somethng ----at least to you, even if to nobody else and your life will be a life well lived.

I hope you are not leaving lasers as a hobby and LPF , you posts have been interesting and you have learned a lot in the short while you have been a member.

In any case --good with whatever you do/whichever path you take.
If you do back off on regular use and posts to LPF---stop back from time to time to see what is new and say "hello"

That is very true.

Do not give up at first sign of not being succesful. If you want something you have to try different approaches, learn, improve to succeed. Everybody has their weak moments, feeling there is no point, in what they do... It is good to stop think like this. For me it is usually when I'm very tired with combination of some trouble, usually helps to stop, watch some documentary, sleep...

That guy just saved himself a bunch of money from an expensive hobby. I had a he'll of a time trying to make out his posts.

My take on it was he was fake, pretended to have poor english, look at the way he tried to write fake poor english, it's a load of crap, the words he choose were not the one's someone from Italy would choose if they were that bad at English, it's the same help me troll who has been active here for the last year plus.

Radim

My take on it was he was fake, pretended to have poor english, look at the way he tried to write fake poor english, it's a load of crap, the words he choose were not the one's someone from Italy would choose if they were that bad at English, it's the same help me troll who has been active here for the last year plus.

It does not seem as common pattern for troll behaviour, Alaskan. He was a bit different in his expressions, yes.

Whatever maybe he is just looking for some hobby to be good at and as seeing a lot of experienced for builds and 3D host printing (look for ArcticDude's RGB - he recently posted in his thread and this might be it). As I remember he was trying to print some 3D printed Spyder replica mini hosts, he got a lot of critics on it.

If you try to look through his eyes, maybe he is disappointed from himself not be good enough. But that's the worst thing ever you can do, compare yourself with others. The much better is to compare yourself with yourself in past. As everybody is unique combination of skills and so, these might be the strenghts. There is always somebody better in something you do and it can lead you into depression from wasted efforts. I guess this is happening here. So the way out might be just to change the thinking and take it more easy and as a fun. Still the safety must be taken extremely seriously.

Maybe focus on 3D printing might be the right way. I would on his place try to develop some metal 3D printer for a low cost and try to print metal laser hosts. Unique designs might be created and yes, likely high powered laser will be used in the printer itself. It is a very advanced technology, great challenge, but a lot of inspiration might be found here for complicated projects. Do you remember that extra powerfull dye yellow laser some member built from scratch? Better is to take them as inspiration than competitors.

Last edited:

Radim

Let's hope we just help him to sustain and try harder. No reason to give up with first dissapointments. If you look on any respected and sucessful individual, there is a lot of trials, hard work, disappointments and so on... The only diffence is to try again, sustain, look for different solutions, being unique and never give up (different approach is not giving up).

Last edited:
There's more to it for why I think he was someone just yanking our chains, but I'm not going to point it out.

Any admired successful individual has paid a price for what they are revered for, hard work and lots of time put into any endeavour makes it so. This guy is not giving up due to disappointments, he's proclaiming hobby lasers too dangerous to risk.

On a side note... He was only here for 4 months, and his rep power is almost 1350!
I know it been recently mentioned about the rep system being crazy. But honestly, what's the point of the rep system if "questionable" people can rack it up so quickly? Just sayin!

Radim

Of course, if there was some private communication keep it private. I come out from his actions visible to me. I just guess the dangers of lasers might be just a purposeful reason how to rationalize leaving laser hobby. The real reason might be completely different. And you are right - there is a price to be paid for success. Only we can do here is to support him, but it is his task to do the homework.

Radim

On a side note... He was only here for 4 months, and his rep power is almost 1350!
I know it been recently mentioned about the rep system being crazy. But honestly, what's the point of the rep system if "questionable" people can rack it up so quickly? Just sayin!

I'm just writting some of my opinions about rep system to be posted here maybe soon. Some points might be found there... It is almost ready I just leave some time to finish it. ;)

Rep system lost its credibility some time ago, now it's just for fun brothers.

Why? A member who had the highest rep. was using them to attack people, circumventing giving plus reps to most active members by repping old inactive accounts to meet the requirement of spreading the reps around before being able to rep an individual again, this to allow him to both neg someone over and over again as well as keep all of the active members reps below his top end of 800. The only way I could push back against this behaviour was to begin plus repping the hell out of people to bring the tide up and float all the boats up, many members now with far higher rep than he had before, or still has. You can blame it partly on me, partly on him, as my actions were in response to his abuses. Took me two years of repping ten members a day seven days a week, but did it. He is still active here from time to time, if he catches someone making an incorrect statement will post in those threads to show their error. I suppose that is better than nothing, at least he is helping in that way.

Last edited:
Yes the rep system has been debated at nausea and the mods are unlikely to do anything with it as it has taken up too much time already, I am happy to give rep to new members to make them feel welcome, that's why this guy's was already in the 1300's, just general kindness and that's a better way to treat people than making them feel small or letting one gruff person chase new people away, this guy left on his own but not because of unfriendliness.

We lost several people to unkindness if I'm not mistaken. So if it's a participation trophy then so be it, we want people to join and feel welcome, and if they screw up they will hear about it, the rep has always been flawed anyway so why not just watch and see how high we can run it up? :D

Join date and number of posts is a better rough indicator of a persons laser knowledge than rep anyway, although none of it is perfect.

Last edited:
I've tried to be friendlier myself, repped this guy too, but still had reservations. Repping isn't an endorsement, maybe it was in the past, but now a kindness.

You can't exchange +Rep points to any item or valueable stuff, I.E you can't pay your bills or buy a coffee with rep points. For me it is a way to say extra compliment, or if you'll find someone post useful or there was a good point on it.

As I see it it's like same kind of inflation with Facebook likes few years ago. There was companies who offered +100,000 likes/followers for your facebook page if you were willing to pay 1000$. -But that would be insane to do such a thing. It will shine mile a way if your Facebook page likes / followers has been bought. For me thats a sign of "Fishynes" and I definitely wont buy any products / services of such company. And last of all: It does not improve nor make any better of your products / quality of services, even if there we're billions +Likes on your FB page!

And I don't know what to think about Arctic's RGB thread which Radim is pointing out.
There's probably 20 times mentioned that material is PETG and #1 post in the thread it is written with cat size letters. -And he still was asking about material..

I don't know is that "Lost in translation" or very strong TL;DR kind of behavior. :thinking: