Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hyperion Laser Power Meter For Sale: 2W, 6W, & 20W Version

Hi astralist, I'm just starting my laser collection and have a large order of 1W-4.5W lasers on the way. I see many people are happy with your meters and I was reading through all the specs you have posted but I'm still a little uncertain if this is the best choice for me, it is price wise!
Are there any wavelength lasers I shouldn't use with this power meter? I have 405-668 coming.
And do you include maintenance instructions for a newer user like myself?

Hi Atlas,

The coated and uncoated sensors are giving a quite flat response across the entire spectrum, but please note that the only tested wavelength are on a visible range (405nm to 808nm). I.e you can accurately measure any lasers between 405 to 808nm (with <5% error of course).

all the instructions comes with the Vritonuzz datalogger software (download here)

Hi Astralist,

Is there still an upgrade path available from the Hyperion Cu to Hyperion Ag at 20W? Do these two SKUs use the same sensor? It's very tempting, as I'd love to meter my '44 at full power!

Cheers! :beer:

Ricker

Hey astralist! I recieved my Hyperion Ag today and am very happy! It works like a charm, and can't wait to plug it into the freeware!

The only problem I came across was the long wait for the tracking number to work, and after the crap I, and many others, went through with Eitan, it's a scary thing! But in the end I got what I paid for, and Astralist kept a moderately good line of communication the whole time!

20170313_2041581_zpsglgytles.jpg~original

This is my NUBM44 Driven by a 4.5A SXD, and DAMN! I hope this is correct, because that would be a lot of juice! :eg::thanks::evil:

I thought the Ag had an upper limit of 6 watts. If so, I wouldn't put a lot of stock in that reading. Also, I'd be careful of the coating on the TEC as you could end up burning it. I don't know for sure, but it would be a shame to harm it by going over the power it was mean to read.

Ricker

Hey Paul! Thanks for the info! I bought the uncoated so I could read up to 20W, or as he says. I hope that's not way off, it was just calibrated and Astralist said it's good up to 20W.

Hi Astralist,

Is there still an upgrade path available from the Hyperion Cu to Hyperion Ag at 20W? Do these two SKUs use the same sensor? It's very tempting, as I'd love to meter my '44 at full power!

Cheers! :beer:

You can upgrade Hyperion Cu to reads above 2W, whether it's to 6W or 20W depends on the type of coating.
Details @PM sent :beer:

Hey astralist! I recieved my Hyperion Ag today and am very happy! It works like a charm, and can't wait to plug it into the freeware!

The only problem I came across was the long wait for the tracking number to work, and after the crap I, and many others, went through with Eitan, it's a scary thing! But in the end I got what I paid for, and Astralist kept a moderately good line of communication the whole time!

20170313_2041581_zpsglgytles.jpg~original

This is my NUBM44 Driven by a 4.5A SXD, and DAMN! I hope this is correct, because that would be a lot of juice! :eg::thanks::evil:

Glad you like it! :beer:
BTW that's a nice diode you got there! mine only producing 7W @5A :cryyy:

I thought the Ag had an upper limit of 6 watts. If so, I wouldn't put a lot of stock in that reading. Also, I'd be careful of the coating on the TEC as you could end up burning it. I don't know for sure, but it would be a shame to harm it by going over the power it was mean to read.

The upper limit of coated sensor is 6W, and the upper limit of uncoated sensor is 20W.
The coated sensor is absorbing heat rapidly so the sensor output saturates when exposed to ~6W laser.
On the contrary when it's uncoated, the sensor only producing voltage about 1/3 from the coated sensor because of its nature as broadband rejector, so the power that can be read tripled to ~20W.

I.e, the differential heat observed by the sensor (coated) when measuring 6W laser is equal with the differential heat observed by the sensor (uncoated) when measuring 20W laser.

It was my mistake as I thought Ricker had bought the coated 6 watt version. The photo of it in his post has a coated TEC on it, so it was an honest mistake, at least. That is a very energetic diode you got there as most of these top out at 7 watts. I hope it last a good long time for you. ;)

Ricker

It was my mistake as I thought Ricker had bought the coated 6 watt version. The photo of it in his post has a coated TEC on it, so it was an honest mistake, at least. That is a very energetic diode you got there as most of these top out at 7 watts. I hope it last a good long time for you. ;)

Thanks, Paul! I appreciate it, and hope it does last quite some time!! The TEC in the picture is the one I received from Astralist, so I hope it's uncoated since that's the one I needed and ordered. :/

Oh, I was looking at the black square just above the TEC. I thought it was the coated one. The photo I have of it isn't very large.

OOT: i've read somewhere here, people achieve 8.4W with single NUBM44. CMIIW, maybe i misread or maybe that's a dual diode configuration? :undecided:

Thanks, Paul! I appreciate it, and hope it does last quite some time!! The TEC in the picture is the one I received from Astralist, so I hope it's uncoated since that's the one I needed and ordered. :/

Don't worry, he's mistakenly looking at the black square just above the TEC, the TEC itself is white, which means uncoated :D

Ricker

Ahhh, I see I see! Haha sorry Astralist, I did not mean to doubt you! I could have swore the coated Laserbee TEC I had was black, but you never know, there are many TEC's out there from different companies! Thank you Paul very much for all your information I do appreciate it, and it sure does look like the TEC is black in a small picture.

And I think I do have a great diode, I just tested my next builds NUBM44 and I got 6,984mW! So she's not over-calibrated, another happy customer Astralist!

Glad you posted... I almost forgot after almost
a month.
Any news as to when my LPM will show up ??
Tracking hasn't updated since Mar 09/17.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,
As may it seems, Canada Post said that they no longer post tracking information for registered items on their corporate website http://www.canadapost.ca since 20 August 2015.
source:
China Post Forum ? Tracking System for China Post Register Mail ,EMS ,ePacket
Canada Post Kills International Inbound Tracking - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

So i think the only available tracking data are up to departure from country origin,
2017-03-09 14:36 MPC Jakarta IDJKTC, Departure from outward OE
we could tell that it's already "on airplane" or transit from country to country until it finally reach Canada.

The other LPM package which uses registered airmail and sent simultaneously with your package, it already been delivered. Although it's different country but i think it's distant just like Canada: Norway, Finland.
The only tracking data available are "Item posting/collection" AND "Item delivered" which makes me worried lol :can:

So i think what we can do now is just waiting for it to arrives :can:

Hi Jerry,
As may it seems, Canada Post said that they no longer post tracking information for registered items on their corporate website http://www.canadapost.ca since 20 August 2015.
source:
China Post Forum ? Tracking System for China Post Register Mail ,EMS ,ePacket
Canada Post Kills International Inbound Tracking - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

So i think the only available tracking data are up to departure from country origin,
2017-03-09 14:36 MPC Jakarta IDJKTC, Departure from outward OE
we could tell that it's already "on airplane" or transit from country to country until it finally reach Canada.

The other LPM package which uses registered airmail and sent simultaneously with your package, it already been delivered. Although it's different country but i think it's distant just like Canada: Norway, Finland.
The only tracking data available are "Item posting/collection" AND "Item delivered" which makes me worried lol :can:

So i think what we can do now is just waiting for it to arrives :can:
We use 17Track for registered mail. It tracks a registered
package until it is landed in Canada and handed over to
Canada Post. Then there is no tracking until the package
arrives.
What worries me is the fact that the package tracking has
not updated since the day after it was shipped in Jakarta.

Here's a link to 17Track....
ALL-IN-ONE PACKAGE TRACKING | 17TRACK

If it's on the airplane since Mar 09/17... the airplane is
certainly out of fuel by now... ;)

Jerry

Last edited: