Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How to display a picture with a scanner

What type of equipment would i need if say i wanted to display a fully color picture portrait, and i want it to be displayed on a wall with a laser system ??

my answer is not official but i have been reading on this lately. It will be difficult. I don't think just an rgb scanner would do. never mind, i can't find the info for diy. but there is that new mini laser usb projector. have you thought about that?

You need:
A red, blue and green laser
A set of galvos
A DAC,
An enclosure
Some Dichros
Some software

It is very expensive - you wouldn't be able to do it for less that $1000 I think.

diachi

You need:
A red, blue and green laser
A set of galvos
A DAC,
An enclosure
Some Dichros
Some software

It is very expensive - you wouldn't be able to do it for less that $1000 I think.

Gonna need at the very least a 30K galvo set. I think you could do it with 20k, BUT it would be A) Small B) very flickery. You could do it well with a set of DT40 scanners.

And of course, you need your lasers too which is going to be expensive. Then your optics ( Dichros and mounts ) and then you need a DAC and a case for everything.

Regards,

Adam

Is there any member on here who has that type of equipment on hand that could show me an example ? I'm really interested in this.

Can someone post a picture of what the Scanner image would look like done with a RGB system ?

Here you go :)

MonaLisa_in_laser.jpg

Girl-on-picket-fence.jpg

raster1.jpg

Model_2OOO.jpg

you also need the right programs or access to someone that can make the raster image for you and convert it to ilda.

pangolin isnt cheap neither is a good set of scanners.
but 30,000k should do it. unless your a big timer and get some 60,000k scanners and have them tuned for that but you would then need a program that can run them, which again isnt cheap.

why do you need a picture projected with lasers? why not a projector?>

you also need the right programs or access to someone that can make the raster image for you and convert it to ilda.

pangolin isnt cheap neither is a good set of scanners.
but 30,000k should do it. unless your a big timer and get some 60,000k scanners and have them tuned for that but you would then need a program that can run them, which again isnt cheap.

why do you need a picture projected with lasers? why not a projector?>

Well lasers are cooler... DUH!!

I've done basic raster scanning with my 20kpps galvos. The image is very low resolution and flickery. Faster galvos would enable you to do more complex images or less flicker, but not both.

Click Image to Enlarge

wes you would still need a red green and blue analog modulated laser and a good dac and software before you could do images.
unless you are wanting to do single color "gray scale" pictures.