Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

How much have you spent on lasers

Wicked Lasers old style 150mW Photonic Disruptor.
It 'a long time that I search for it, if one day you want to sell it, please let me know :)

You misunderstand ;)
I don't own it.....yet, but I want one. Not quite ready to start my search though.

:beer:

Dang I'm a little closer to Yobresal, i've spent around 6k-7k.. Kinda ridiculous when you think about it..

But hey its better than spending all your money on drugs like a lot of people do. We actually have something to show for it. I'm starting to save up for a multi-watt projector, may be a while though those bad boys get expensive quick.

I'm over a few thousand, but if you visit PL'ers, they drop $1000 without blinking an eye. Lots more money circulating on that forum and in the projectors!

There was a thread a couple years ago like this, I thought I had spent a lot on tools (LPM's etc), some of the guys on here have $1000's in tools also.

It's not bad over a lot of years though.

my first jayrob phr , was 360.00 ...

then i brought out the the first 445nm blue pics and array...(at lpf at least)

not bad.. but its been about 6-7k in costs in the mean time!!

Last edited:
You misunderstand ;)
I don't own it.....yet, but I want one. Not quite ready to start my search though.

:beer:

Sorry, now I re-read your previous post :D BTW this pointer is not easy to find...

I'm over a few thousand, but if you visit PL'ers, they drop $1000 without blinking an eye. Lots more money circulating on that forum and in the projectors!

There was a thread a couple years ago like this, I thought I had spent a lot on tools (LPM's etc), some of the guys on here have $1000's in tools also.

It's not bad over a lot of years though.

yeah projectors are not cheap by the time im done ill most likely have 5k or so into mine

Sorry, now I re-read your previous post :D BTW this pointer is not easy to find...

Not easy but not impossible.
I've seen three for sale over the past two years :undecided:
I just really like the host.

I was looking for the Wicked Sonar II FOR YEARS
Wicked Lasers Sonar II Burner Blu-ray Laser Pointer review - Peripheral - Trusted Reviews

Now I got one and gonna put in a 12x or 660nm :)

Wasn't WL selling those for ridiculous prices a couple years ago? Like over a thousand?
Maybe that was a 473nm model? Or were they always 405nm's?
:cool: that you got one! Excellent host.

Wasn't WL selling those for ridiculous prices a couple years ago? Like over a thousand?
Maybe that was a 473nm model? Or were they always 405nm's?
:cool: that you got one! Excellent host.

It was a 60mW 405nm laser for $1,999 :D

at least € 5000 -> $6500

but my wife doesn't know... and if she would know -> iDEAD

Fair to say that if most of my friends or family knew how much I actually spent on lasers, they would decide I'm insane.

I generally don't tell them prices, just say it's expensive, but not very, and leave it at that.

I usually lie about prices at first but once they see how amazing it is (if they see how amazing it is lol) I tell them the real price

Yup, I do that too.

In some cases I also lie to jackasses and say a cheaper laser is 2-10x the price, because they seem to stupid to handle lasers:eg:

Back