Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How much are you in Debt?

How much are you in debt?

• $0-1,000

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • $1,000-2,500

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • $2,500-5,000

• $5,000-10,000

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • $10,000-20,000

• $20,000-40,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $40,000-80,000

• $80,000-160,000

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • $160,000++++

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • I AM NOT IN DEBT

Votes: 37 48.1%

• Total voters

Well Im in $0 debt mainly cause Im 15 and my parents pay for all my food (when Im not out, when Im out Im on my own in terms of money.)

Ive got a good $2.5k in a bank, around $500 in cash, and about $2k in shares.

I spend money wisely, I buy expensive stuff if I know Im gonna use it all the time. Like I have genuine ray ban aviators, which I wear ALL the time (I live in australia on the gold coast so you know its kinda sunny around here), I have a shmexy motorola v9 (not top of the line phone, but decent and solid), an omega watch (which is a fake haha, but you know it conveys a message), and just other stuff like that.

If anything in my life is lacking its my fitness, which im already working on.

I have ZERO debt, and damn proud of it. Back when i was 18 or so I got myself in a lot of debt... close to 10k or so. But as of today I am in zero debt, I dont have any credit cards and dont need them.

And no I don't live with my parents :crackup:

^You outright own your own house and vehicle and have no student debt and don't live at home? You're very fortunate considering that between my living arrangements, school, and family I'm in debt nearly $450k, and I know I represent the majority of the American middle-class since everyone I know is in a similar situation. I know of very few people who are supporting themselves and/or a family who are also 100% debt-free.

Debt is not necessarily a bad thing, so long as your income allows for its repayment. As an example, personally I'd rather be in debt on a house than rent one, since my payments go towards ownership and build equity in the property over time. The more I pay, the more I own until I finally sell and flip those gains into a nicer house and so on. I wouldn't trade that for a debt-free life unless I was so wealthy that I could buy these types of homes cash outright.

Last edited:
I have very minor debt, and refuse to get into it deeper. I'd LOVE to have a new car and better stuff. A nice gun collection, and the 8X blu-ray that competes the last build I'll ever pay anyone to do (everything else would be my own). Yet I hate debt. Granted with a family you don't have a choice, and sometimes a loan is necessary in order to make money. Mostly debt is a horrible thing.

I have ZERO debt, and damn proud of it. Back when i was 18 or so I got myself in a lot of debt... close to 10k or so. But as of today I am in zero debt, I dont have any credit cards and dont need them.

And no I don't live with my parents :crackup:

YaHoo Gooey Gus !! cudos to you dude !! I also moved out some time ago but now am paying on two houses a car a credit card O' I forgot mom's car and one quad, plenty of debt, say any one want to buy some fireworks hehehe. no realy why is it I started this expensive hobbie building lasers anway, O' yea I love them !!! the colors are nice but I like the big booms, no wait a minuite that was supposed to be in the fireworks page. I better go been up all night, later .... Pyro... :eg: