Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How many hours a week do you use a laser?

Hours of laser operation

• <0.25 (15 mins)

Votes: 25 30.1%
  • ~0.25-0.5 (15 -30 mins)

Votes: 23 27.7%
  • ~1-2 (1 - 2 hrs)

Votes: 17 20.5%
  • >2 (2 hrs)

Votes: 18 21.7%

• Total voters
I don't know, but maybe 15 minutes?

I use to play with them when I have gone to sleep and it's dark. And sometimes I use them to burn flies... :yh: But it's not so fun in daylight.

I know you are new to the forum, and you want to jump in on some of these old threads, but bumping old threads over a month old is frowned upon unless you have new info to add. And your opinion is not new news. Please only post on threads a few weeks old at most.

I know you are new to the forum, and you want to jump in on some of these old threads, but bumping old threads over a month old is frowned upon unless you have new info to add. And your opinion is not new news. Please only post on threads a few weeks old at most.

Sorry, didn't saw last date on the thread... Just saw it on the first side of the forum!

i use mine in place of a flashlight, just point it at the ceiling and its like a mini sun is in the room :D

v.v i just wish it was yellow....

maybe 10 minutes a week? I have a green i haven't touched in about a month, and lately the only time i've used my 1W is when i can't find my lighter...

dnar

The last few months I have been running my first projector for 3-4 hours each night. Having way too much fun programming effects... I don't usually watch TV as the emission is non-coherent.

Last edited:
Depends on the day and what else (if anything) I have to do, ive used handhelds for hours on really foggy nights, and I will leave my green labby that is on my desk blasting away at the wall across the room for hours while I work on something, and I have let my HeNes burn for quite awhile too, so if you count all that, maybe 15+ hours of usage depending on the week:D

point it at the ceiling and its like a mini sun is in the room
v.v i just wish it was yellow....

It can be!
2463-589nm-yellow.jpg

i think i am the only one that always has my lasers on me
i use them to point at stuff that im talking about and when i lay in my pitch black room at night its just fun to shine around

All mine have dead batteries from the move 3 months ago. I still cant find my laser stuff. Including my battery charger. I'm suppose to do a review too.

I played with my 1.1W for a short time, then the battery died too. :cryyy:

Blord

Couple minutes before bedtime I play with the laser in the dark. Very much fun :D

All mine have dead batteries from the move 3 months ago. I still cant find my laser stuff. Including my battery charger. I'm suppose to do a review too.

I played with my 1.1W for a short time, then the battery died too. :cryyy:

i hear walmart has a wonderful 5 finger discount goin on all their batteries and chargers

i think i am the only one that always has my lasers on me
i use them to point at stuff that im talking about and when i lay in my pitch black room at night its just fun to shine around

I keep a low powered green or red on me almost all the time for random everyday usage. It would be impossible for me to carry around my whole collection though, especially the HeNes.

But yes, messing with them in a dark room is pretty fun, but I prefer to take them outside...

i hear walmart has a wonderful 5 finger discount goin on all their batteries and chargers

I dont think they carry 3.7 Lith rechargeable batteries, and chargers.

I did order a charger from DX to charge the RC123s I need to do my review. But, guess what? The batteries are packed in my stuff too, along with the laser.

Plus I'm to old to 5 figure discount. I'd be too embarrassed getting busted for stealing petty crap. If I'm going to risk going to jail, its going to be well worth it. And to date I have not found anything worth going to jail for.

Batteries are an issue, since I use an old CNI model (which take AAAs), therefore less than 2 minutes per week.

cmak

How is this thread off-topic? I would've started this thread in the General section. Anyways, this thread kind of made me realize that my laser usage has gone down quite a bit with time (in recent times) and hopefully that's gonna change for the better as soon as I get my 589 and get a 12X BR. And Helioplasma, I could say the exact same thing you said in your above post. I also have an old CNI 95mw AAA from DL back in late '08 that gives me battery issues and has gotten weaker with time regardless of the batteries used. Unfortunately it's been a while since I've had a new (working) laser in my hands!

Edit: I remember a time when my laser usage was well above 4 hrs per week of constant lasing... I would be charging batteries more often than I would my iPhone!

-Chris

Last edited: