Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How do I get in touch with O-like

sbdwag

I just got a new model dilda and the first time i put the batteries in it it started to smoke and burnt the driver board. Ive email o-like twice and have gotten no responce.

Any Ideas how to return this unit for a replacement.

Regards
sbdwag

umm go to their site and email them or PM Sandstone "Susie"

D

Deleted member 8382

hope you got all solved because she has always solved everything with all the members here, and I'm used to a 12h delay MAX for answers.

usually they test their laser before sending them. Are you sure that you don't have reversed the polarity of battery, or go with higher voltage ? im a bit surprised about this "instant death" , i would like to know the problem :yh:
may the shipping have damaged the board...

sbdwag

I cant say I may have got the first battery reversed not sure because the battery shorted out and did one of those "Rapid disassemblies". And all I was interested in at the time was getting it out of my utility room and out side. Would a new style dilda not have reverse polarity protection build in. I do know for sure the last battery to go in was correctly oriented ground to screw in cap. I know after that I tried with another set of batterys and the diode would come on and after about thiry seconds would go out and then the head would again get very hot and start smoking. The diode still works and is bright but only for a few seconds. And the first third of the driver board is completely toasted and black.

What ever happened it was violent

regards
sbdwag

Yeah... you need to give Susie 12-24hrs to respond she's sleeping while we're
awake and vise-versa... but she always replies...:cool:

Jerry

New style red laser

I just got a new model dilda and the first time i put the batteries in it it started to smoke and burnt the driver board. Ive email o-like twice and have gotten no responce.

Any Ideas how to return this unit for a replacement.

Regards
sbdwag

Hello Sbdwag ,and remind other members here .pls first see our instructions how to put batteries before insert batteries .
http://www.o-like.com/b2b_cpinfo.asp?id=926
Smoke and hot is usually caused by reversed battery .
Anyway ,we will repair it for you ,but next time should be attention this problem .

And need to mention that I replied your e-mail instantly ,but your server rejected our e-mails always ,I tried hotmail and yahoo both .pls check your computer ,or next time I still can not reply you .

Best regards
Susie

sbdwag

Susie

Sorry I feel bad . I have no control over my server provide emails so I will communicate with you by pm. I am sorry about the reverse polarity issue. No need for you to repair as it is my fault. I have already ordered another one from you.

Regards
Dennis Waggoner

I like it when someone admits to a mistake and doesn't try to screw the seller over, you will do well here sir;)

Always remember that "the man who never makes a mistake never makes anything".

Regards rog8811

D

Deleted member 8382

O-like got the best service I've ever seen.

Yours,
Albert

Susie

Sorry I feel bad . I have no control over my server provide emails so I will communicate with you by pm. I am sorry about the reverse polarity issue. No need for you to repair as it is my fault. I have already ordered another one from you.

Regards
Dennis Waggoner

I fully agree with Rog... It is refreshing to see someone openly admit to his
mistake and not try to rip off a seller...

Kudos... Dennis Waggoner... :gj:

Jerry

I like it when someone admits to a mistake and doesn't try to screw the seller over, you will do well here sir;)

Always remember that "the man who never makes a mistake never makes anything".

Regards rog8811

Agreed!! Not many people are like that :)

O-like got the best service I've ever seen.

Yours,
Albert

Great way to keep their customers and their image, I indeed also agree!

Wow,
sbdwag very commendable of you. Even after they offered to fix it for you.
You declined and insisted on purchasing a new one.

Nice to see people like this, still exist.