Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How did you find this forum?

djhenyo said:
I saw a web page describing the great sonar II laser. I knew at that moment I had to see the blu-ray for myself. I thought I had found an unbeleivable deal when I stumbled upon optotronics and their 30mW 473nm rpl laser. I was about to lose $1000 when paypal stepped in and said I would need to tell them practically everything about my bank account to make such a large purchase. No thanks. I google the blu-ray laser and quickly found several message boards about lasers. I quickly ordered a laser that costs $160 and is twice the power of the optotronics rpl (rip-off-laser). Now I am looking at a $200 green at 200mW and a red for about the same. 594nm is calling though, and so I must see if I can get a good deal on one soon.
The RPL isn't a rip off laser, the RPL blue and Blu-ray lasers are totally different lasers, The RPL blue is a DPSS laser and the color it outputs is a bright blue. Blu-ray lasers are just a diode and output a deep violet color.

Optotronics Blue RPL is far from a ripoff, dude. Jack wouldn't do that to us. There's a big difference between 405nm and 473nm ;)

cody48

I bought a DX laser, and while looking through the message board there I came across a link to this site.  ;D

Well, I was interested in making my own built lasers; (Mainly because of the recent Ban of all imports of lasers over 1mw to Australia, which totally sucks; so much for buying the nice 250mW laser from eBay US). So a friend of mine sent me the link to several sites that stock and sell parts (ie: housing, diodes, heatsinks, etc) - and I found some easy tutorials to make a nice kick ass laser from a 16x DVD Burner diode; then I came across the "MagLite Torch" laser hack, which blew my mind, which just got me thinking of making my own, which I have yet to do and can't wait!

Well the same friend I know sent me a link to this forum, and so far what I've read is Kick ASS.

Great forum all up!

-DaDevil

xD

whow satanicall I thought I'd never say this but hey devil welcome to the forum

For Christ also suffered once for sins,the just for the unjust,that He might bring us to God.being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the spirit  ( 1 Peter 3:18 )

whow satanicall I thought I'd never say this but hey devil welcome to the forum

Okay, I just relized the irony of this situation... All these things are my tags from different forums and whatnot...

"DaDevil" is my usual forum ID (as well as my Steam ID)

"devilsdome" is usually my username for all the accounts I use....

and of course "Fueled by Satan" is my music tag.... I play guitar.

...And, I've fused them all together, so please disregard the fact that they clearly make a big cliche, haha.

Anyways, cheers. I hope I continue to find this forum awesome as I already have...

BLS-SDMF forever - Zakk Wylde rules!

-Kev-
:cool:

i love music mysely i have all Zak Ozzy Black Sabbath myself
i should go to church more often though lol

daguin

john_lawson said:
i love music mysely i have all Zak Ozzy Black Sabbath myself
i should go to church more often though lol

Do they play Black Sabbath there?

Peace,
dave

Do they play Black Sabbath there?

Now that'd so totally kick ass if they did! But.... Somehow I know that if I walked in there, I wouldn't hear Hand of Doom, or Sweet Leaf, or Sabbath Bloody Sabbath cranked up, haha.

i have all Zak Ozzy Black Sabbath myself

Yeah same, awesome stuff. I went to the Black Sabbath concert when they came in August 2007, and the Ozzy concert in March this year, both insane nights. I can't wait until BLS come to Australia in September!

the way i found this site was when i was looking for reviews on OCZ's "Neural Impulse Actuator". this was one of the few sites that even talked about it. i thought it was cool cuz it was a laser forum and i had already had a 55mw green laser. so i just kept coming back. i had never registered until just recently.

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
welcome to the site devilsdome & gordon_b

if you need help feel free to PM me

regards,
-avery

I found this forum through another forum CPF, a LPF user named Bluefusion posted in the CPF Groupbuy section with a cheap laser driver so I went in on three of them and that was like a year ago, just got them yesterday. Well I've learned a few lessons but mostly that this forum is full of great people and useful knowledge. I'm still a budding laser enthusiast and hope to get this PS3 BR laser up and running this week.

Like a lot of others, I saw the u-tube vid of the mini-mag / 16X burner diode
project.

I knew that the best place for info is an enthusiast forum.
I'm glad I found LPF it's the best one! ;)

I finally decided to do something about my interest in lasers. I wanted to satisfy it!

Checking out higher powered lasers on the US-market over the internet for the first time left me with hundreds of questions concerning what laser to go for, and from where. I knew that I needed to dig a lot deeper in the subject and I usually turn to forums to get my questions answered.

A quick search for "laser pointer forum" (or something similar) on Google and BAAAM, here I ended up!

Davo

Trolling around for a few months, decided to sign up. Found it searching for laser pointers(duh) to mess with the cat. :)

Davo said:
Trolling around for a few months, decided to sign up. Found it searching for laser pointers(duh) to mess with the cat. :)

Well, you should get him some safety goggles.................................... ::)