Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How did you find this forum?

lasercricker said:
first, i saw kipkay's instructable on the minmag hack, and i was fascinated by it. i looked how to make lasers on youtube and found styropyro's vid on making a simple diode driver just from a pot. i kept asking him questions until he directed me here, so thanks styropyro!

Same here, he mentioned it in his description.

lasercricker said:
first, i saw kipkay's instructable on the minmag hack, and i was fascinated by it. i looked how to make lasers on youtube and found styropyro's vid on making a simple diode driver just from a pot. i kept asking him questions until he directed me here, so thanks styropyro!
Heheh I saw that and thiats how i ofund this place!

jatic

Videos here too  ;D I think the refence to this forum was some video in youtube posted by an LPF member  :) ;)

I had just bought a DX laser and wanted to make the most of it so I googled laser forums.

Now this website has hooked me into saving money for even better lasers.

I did a search on youtube for something completely else, and in the "related videos" I saw a green laser. I've always been fascinated by lasers, but when I saw that, I thought "awesome, a green laser!" I looked at different laser vids that entire day, and when I found out that handheld lasers could actually burn, I was shocked. :eek:
That got me to buy my first DX greenie. In another vid I saw a link to a laser forum. I went there (here!) and started to look around. Then I joined, and I am SO glad I found this place, LPF rocks! :)

artix

I came here when I realized how biased the laser community was so, I went on to spectra forum for a while then I found laser pointer forums! After seeing how large this forum is, I joined... ;D This is, by far, the best forum ever!

P.S. for some reason I cannot type laser community or spectra forum without the space in between. :-/ If I enter laser community as one word, it is changed to 'the' and if I type spectra forums without the space it becomes 'X' ex. lasercommunity and spectraforum ( I typed them as one word )

Yea, c0ld mentioned in one of the "important topics" that we would do best to avoid talking about other forums, because LPF has had a bit of a hard time. But you can always make a rant about LC not being good! ;D

I agree with you that this is an incredible forum. Almost all information posted here is correct, and you can talk freely about most things...

Artix said:
P.S. for some reason I cannot type laser community or spectra forum without the space in between. :-/ If I enter laser community as one word, it is changed to 'the' and if I type spectra forums without the space it becomes 'X' ex. lasercommunity and spectraforum ( I typed them as one word )
The reason why is that those names are censored so they can't be put into URLs...you also can't type laser enthusiast without a space. But if you ever need to refer to one of those forums just type LC for LAser Community, SF for Spectra Forum, and LE for Laser Enthusiast.

(The rule is no advertising of other laser forums so you won't get banned or anything for talking about a discussion or whatever on another forum)

Edit: LE got censored out? :-? :-/ I guess you are just going to have to throw tags in there if you ever have to talk about LE without breaking the rules of course ;D)

zelig

Like many here, I am a Googler of extraordinary proportions. Who needs the Bodleian Library when there's Boolean ? Cheers Google - long may you reign your illuminations in basic search protocol upon us.
Doc.

I think i found this from another forum linked post.... or maybe it was google. was so long ago.

Now that I think about it, I've never posted in here on how I got here. I made a post on LC last June commenting on a X105 review posted by chickenfish. SenKat sent me a PM and told me to email him, I did and he told me about this forum.

I saw a web page describing the great sonar II laser. I knew at that moment I had to see the blu-ray for myself. I thought I had found an unbeleivable deal when I stumbled upon optotronics and their 30mW 473nm rpl laser. I was about to lose $1000 when paypal stepped in and said I would need to tell them practically everything about my bank account to make such a large purchase. No thanks. I google the blu-ray laser and quickly found several message boards about lasers. I quickly ordered a laser that costs $160 and is twice the power of the optotronics rpl (rip-off-laser). Now I am looking at a $200 green at 200mW and a red for about the same. 594nm is calling though, and so I must see if I can get a good deal on one soon.