Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Host: Cree Small Sun ZY-A10 [mini review, pic heavy]

hey Ed, i sent you a PM regarding the heatsink, i need your paypal address...the PM had my shipping address. thanks

@steviedezie: What heatsink are you getting? A ZY-A10? We can be host-buddies :D

jakeGT

You and matt can be host buddies^^

EDIT: slightly sort of off topic but awesome awesome awesome.
Just went to radiant electronics site via the link in your sig Eud. Saw the Wf-501b flashlight for $9.90... Was like dang. That's cheap? Wonder how much it is on DX... Few minutes later... $9.90... WHOA. That's cool.... Then I saw the host/heatsink combo for $26 bucks. AWESOME again. Went ahead and just ordered one. That is really really really really awesome. That's an awesome combo for $30 shipped.

You da man Eud and tell mario he da man too!

Last edited:
@steviedezie: What heatsink are you getting? A ZY-A10? We can be host-buddies :D

yuup yuup! The ZY-A10 will be my multi purpose laser... 1.6W 445 laser, meat-tenderizer and melee weapon all in one, also makes for a great star wars prop for holloween. reminds me of a sith lord's lightsaber.

Thanks guys for awesome words! Thanks JakeGT! :)

Since we're sidetracking, might as well inform you all that I have just recieved an M9 x 0.5mm tap and you can expect direct pressfit heatsinks at Radiant in a month or so :)

bump :p
hows the laser?
did you get some more of the hosts for yourself yet?
just seeing if theres anymore to discuss about this
if not, then ill let it die..
still want some vids of this ^^

Host remains defective-free still, and no I hadn't yet got anymore of those for myself as I'm really a little short with the munies, it's one of those days when my laser hobby gets paused a little.

I wasn't planning on doing a video of it, but heck, since you want it so bad I'll do one on Friday or maybe Saturday when I get home.

Update on the project, if anyone's interested. Chez's laser has yet to be built. The PHR we're sending Eudaimonium to build it from is somewhere in the Croatian post. Soon as it arrives, he'll make the heatsink for Chez's laser (the host is pink :D) and have them shipped to us. Then you'll all get to see my in-depth review in which i pick through the host in search of even the most minute defects, as the Eudaimonium has asked me to do.