Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Host: Cree Small Sun ZY-A10 [mini review, pic heavy]

Yeah right, so after having fun with NJG18 driver...
P5210316.jpg

P5210322.jpg

I used a bucking driver found inside stock Ultrafire 501B flashlights (which BTW, you can buy at Radiant), and changed current from stock 760mA to 1150 mA.

Driver pulls 1.0A from 2x 16340 batteries (full) to provide 1.15 A to the 445nm diode.
I forgot to take pictures of the driver though.

Anyhow, skipping ahead of that.
P5220337.jpg

P5220341.jpg

P5220348.jpg

P5220353.jpg

So there you go.

Happy, JainobeZ? How's your patience lately?

!!!

/me reaches out and attempts to grab the Jpg

Want!!

@blue bumblebee: yeah, i do remember that thread. That was what sparked off this whole thing. :D Tbh, we haven't agreed a price, but Eudaimonium is machining two lasers (one for me and one for Chez) so the price will be for both combined. You should talk to him about it. In fact, do talk to him about it. Do it right now.

well, is it fairly easy to "build" a laser yourself?
if i had this heatsink, a diode that fits, and a proper driver
i have soldering skills but is it just "solder these wires and make everything fit" sort of thing?
or is it more complicated than that? ;)
thx

It's pretty much straightforward.

You need to pressfit the diode into the Aixiz housing, then secure the Aixiz housing into the heatsink via setscrew, then make sure you've got your driver all set up and wire it to the diode properly.

If you have never soldered on a diode before, perhaps I can do one build for you as well?

No, not much. What do you need updated? I still have the laser in my posession, I can take pictures and vids of whatever you want.

No, not much. What do you need updated? I still have the laser in my posession, I can take pictures and vids of whatever you want.

Yeah... about that...

This laser is a part of two builds, and the first (this) can't be shipped until the second is completed, and the second one can't make progress until some unnamed forum member replies to his PMs :poke::poke::poke:

CURSE YOU GLENN!! :mad: I want my PHR and goggles! :(

Last edited:

umss

/me waits patiently for mine to arrive, meanwhile wishing DX didn't try to compete with Wicked's shipping time.

Well it should be here any moment now, it was shipped two weeks ago and that's what it usually takes to arrive once shipped from DX. I bet it'll arrive over this week, and I'll get yours done this weekend.

Actually uhh, I still need a diode for yours. What's with that?

O_________________O turned out Glenn replied four days ago.

/IDIOT

It went into my old email account -the one i never check- for some reason. *derp*

Oh well. Payment will be sent shortly and then we're good to go.

any updates?
/vids? :D
still saving up... :p

Lasers are extremely easy to build yourself...

the easiest example i can show is for you to look at my "new trustfire build" in the multimedia section. It doesn't get must simpler than that and it's a decent video showing everything that goes on in a laser.

and with eud's heat sinks from Radiant, it doesn't get much cheaper either.

Last edited:
PM sent for the heatsink Ed... thats one crazy looking host...doubles as a melee weapon too hahaha

Mohrenberg, I do not sell these heatsinks, for ZY-A10, on Radiant, only for Ultrafire 501b and Cree C6. But thanks for the compliment :)

Stevie, PM replied to. Will ship it tomorrow.