Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Homemade Scanning Laser Color Projector/TV

vk2fro

Interesting guys - I lol'ed at the PL drawing. Its missing one or two important thing though, doesnt appear to have a demodulator or a reference oscillator signal. I suggest the cartoonist add a hairspring for the reference oscillator (it will be plenty quick enough for that design) and a commercial pizza oven for the demodulator. It can work double duty and cook your dinner too. Feed signals in at one end, and they come out nice and crispy ready for the driver at the other :p

All jokes aside I'll be following this one closely (hence I posted so I could follow). Be interesting to see what you guys come up with :)

Any comments on how to determine which mosfet to use? Thanks!! Keep up the great work!

Also, where did you get your ferrite core, and why didn't you point it at the fast mirror; instead, its off to the side.

Reply to laserboy99

I don't prefer mosfets.
You may get the ferrite core from CRT television circuits.
Coil is put off to the side, because vibration mode is torsional.

You know, it really wasn't necessary to post some useless thank-you post for someoen replying to some post you made over a year ago. :|

I hope that this project still has some life!

I'm new here, and I don't have great knowledge, but I like to learn more, but let's get down to business!

I have a small power supply taken from an old dvd player, has some outputs that can be useful for this project, 5v and 12 v.

http: imageshack.usf17ffjp.jpg

http: imageshack.usf23hsuf.jpg

I have lots of doubts about the vertical mirror driver, is resounding like horizontal?
How can i make it? stainless steel 0.5 mm is not a problem i have a few pieces enought for making the mirror!

I took the ferrite core from one old tv flyback, and I'm the wind the wire according to the scheme of fast mirror!

I beg help to guide me what to do step by step, I don't have experience and the mistakes in English, this is not my native language, so i write based on translator!

:thanks:

NFQY

Well done! Excellent attempt to laser modulated scanning imaging project!

Bless the fans from China, I also came up with this projection idea independently around 2022.

But it is very difficult to realize it in practice, such as gray modulation (many laser diodes have serious brightness tailing phenomenon under high-frequency information modulation (that is, there is no way to optimize the gray levels and black levels, at least), and the correction of deformation rate (sine resonance scanning actually has tangent effect on a flat screen, But the best result of my mathematical simulation can only use 60% oscillation time and nonlinearity not better than 3.5% at the same time)

But there is nothing to say, this is a good attempt project.

Sony also has a finished product based on this principle -CXN0102 using MEMS devices, but the thermal load//resonant frequency limit based on laser devices and vibrating mirrors is only 720p//30lm. At present, I haven't seen a product that is more advanced than this device, which may also prove that it is difficult to optimize this kind of thing.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Well done! Excellent attempt to laser modulated scanning imaging project!

Bless the fans from China, I also came up with this projection idea independently around 2022.

But it is very difficult to realize it in practice, such as gray modulation (many laser diodes have serious brightness tailing phenomenon under high-frequency information modulation (that is, there is no way to optimize the gray levels and black levels, at least), and the correction of deformation rate (sine resonance scanning actually has tangent effect on a flat screen, But the best result of my mathematical simulation can only use 60% oscillation time and nonlinearity not better than 3.5% at the same time)

But there is nothing to say, this is a good attempt project.

Sony also has a finished product based on this principle -CXN0102 using MEMS devices, but the thermal load//resonant frequency limit based on laser devices and vibrating mirrors is only 720p//30lm. At present, I haven't seen a product that is more advanced than this device, which may also prove that it is difficult to optimize this kind of thing.
This thread is over 10 years old. Please look at dates before deciding to post.

LSRFAQ

Hum, CXN0102 is relevent...
Its newer... Not well known outside of Japan... Nice to see the whole explanation.

CXN0102 is now popping up on auction sites in Japan... Laser raster video is difficult to find, let alone a hackable one.

Steve

Last edited: