Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Holy @#$%... $100 488nm diode!!

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
No it isn't a complete loss, as it does appear to be something different to what we are used to seeing. But compare that to the desire for 488 though. If you remember my poll I did a while back in June. Only one person voted for 420nm, and six people jointly voted for 490 and 610. link to poll

Last edited:

DTR

My guess is they are 440nm-445nm not super low. When I got them the first thing that I noticed was the typical China gray market wrapping. Not from a Osram distributor. Then when I saw the pinout and that there was no photodiode I was very sure we were not looking at a 488nm diode. The applications these are developed for I have yet to come across a model that does not have a photodiode. The optics on all these are speckled with dust which shows improper storage and it was not from customs as they did open the package but did not open the vacuum sealed bag. Anyway let hold off on charging the gates and see what response they give to my email. I did start a return via paypal as well. Hopefully this was just some China seller getting one over on them and they will respond quickly to resolve if not then the fire bombing can begin.:)

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
They didn't even store the diodes correctly. That is not a professional distributor. I hope you can get this resolved and thank you for keeping everyone informed. :)

Encap

My guess is they are 440nm-445nm not super low. When I got them the first thing that I noticed was the typical China gray market wrapping. Not from a Osram distributor. Then when I saw the pinout and that there was no photodiode I was very sure we were not looking at a 488nm diode. The applications these are developed for I have yet to come across a model that does not have a photodiode. The optics on all these are speckled with dust which shows improper storage and it was not from customs as they did open the package but did not open the vacuum sealed bag. Anyway let hold off on charging the gates and see what response they give to my email. I did start a return via paypal as well. Hopefully this was just some China seller getting one over on them and they will respond quickly to resolve if not then the fire bombing can begin.:)

I hope you get your money back from these Semicomvisual frauds without incident.

Semicomvisual have acted like they don't know anythng about their own business from the get/go--price quote to now.
From your earlier post, they don't even know when money is received from a new customer - and then take weeks to sort it out.
They can't even get shipping to you correct with proper paperwork.

Good luck.

PS What became of the Ni***a NDS4216 200mW 488nm diodes released in 2012--did the price ever drop to within reason or are the no longer on the market/available? Data Sheet here: http://www.laserdiodesource.com/pdfs/product-71/488nm-200mW-TO-can-Nichia.pdf

Last edited:
No it isn't a complete loss, as it does appear to be something different to what we are used to seeing. But compare that to the desire for 488 though. If you remember my poll I did a while back in June. Only one person voted for 420nm, and six people jointly voted for 490 and 610. link to poll

as far as i know the N have the 420nm-430nm for fair price. but again they only deal with system builders not reseller or consumer.

there are 1400mW rated multimode 405nm(which has been pushed to 1800mW+ on the other forum.) at an affordable price as well. the catch is it has the divergence of our ndb7875 3 W and 0pnext 700mW red diodes. from N and U.

then there's this 9mm 620nm diodes that rated from 615nm-624nm. the cost is low in bulk.

* since the leaks of the N diodes years ago (445nm; espescialy the 473nm diodes), N has tighten up the security in many ways.

Yeah so don't bombard their email just yet. Wait for DTR to get his emailing done with.

Wait are these 3.8mm? If so they are probably the same as the diodes Junktronix had a while back. They are <445, multimode but with stupid good divergence (way better thn SM 445's). Of course they could be something else, but if they are those at least they aren't totally worthless (just not near as cool as 488)

Sta

Wait are these 3.8mm? If so they are probably the same as the diodes Junktronix had a while back. They are <445, multimode but with stupid good divergence (way better thn SM 445's). Of course they could be something else, but if they are those at least they aren't totally worthless (just not near as cool as 488)

I believe they are 5.6mm diodes.

joeyss

Can you atleast check it if you have a 405 to be sure I'd be interested if they looked like 425+?

DTR

Yes they are 5.6mm diodes. They are not that low they look like the color of the A130's. Not a peep from them yet replying to my multiple emails and no reply to my paypal claim.

Reactions: Sta
If you have a persuasive voice you should try calling PayPal, but if not then just wait because PayPal usually is good about customer service. You can always go to your bank as well if you want to get it over with little effort

Last edited:

DTR

I am not worried about the paypal end of it I want to hear their explanation.

joeyss

I was expecting a anew 455/465 single mode in the back of my mind due at best to all their f ups and then they labeled it as lasers. But to get a 440 is just sad !@#$ing scammers.

It really is too bad. I was totally looking forward to 488nm diodes. This forum has been pretty stagnant this year (through no fault of its own, there just hasn't been anything new or exciting). This would've really helped. :(

Now all we can do is hope HydroSean's diode project goes well.

joeyss

It really is too bad. I was totally looking forward to 488nm diodes. This forum has been pretty stagnant this year (through no fault of its own, there just hasn't been anything new or exciting). This would've really helped. :(

Now all we can do is hope HydroSean's diode project goes well.

What is he doing?