Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help me with my laser please

Encap

I've got a 502 nm laser in my collection. Getting one that is 500 nm wouldn't be that difficult to get. Might cost quite a bit depending on who you purchased it from.
lol kecked meant a $500.00 diode by saying 500.00, I would think---no?

Garoq

I've got a 502 nm laser in my collection. Getting one that is 500 nm wouldn't be that difficult to get. Might cost quite a bit depending on who you purchased it from.
I thought he was talking about the price...

Really? I use decimal points in my wavelengths sometimes, that's why I assumed it to be a wavelength.
Again, this is why I thought he was talking about wavelengths. When talking about money I always use the appropriate symbol or outright say it is dollars, pounds or Euros.

Abel

Thanks for your messages everyone :)
you helped me a lot!

Garoq

It didn't look like the driver was attached to anything, so I sent Able this link:

Encap

It didn't look like the driver was attached to anything, so I sent Able this link:

Great post.
Help doesn't get any better or more detailed than that on installing a driver into one of your kits! (y)

Last edited:
I once fried an M140 with ESD... those decent-divergence diodes are sensitive as hell until they are built into a laser host

I was going to ask about static- it is a very common silent diode and driver killer.
worse in the winter AFAIK.
once the driver is soldered the risk goes way down-another thing to avoid is overheating--take your time.
.good luck let us know how it goes for you---len

Wasn’t the 1W green up there back in the day?
you know, thats a good question. I got into this hobby in March 2015. im not sure how much they were before then, it would be kind of cool if someone could make a timeline of how much diodes were dating back 10 years ago versus what they are now. prices have dropped so much over the years and honestly I cant see them getting any cheaper, only because they are very affordable now as it is.