Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help!!! I can't do my own research!

Status
Not open for further replies.
$265 is much too high for a 1W laser. Also, did any of you have dispensable $260 at age 11?
Troll for bust on LPf builder perhaps? :tinfoil:

Netherlands Laser Law:
Before 1998 Class 3A lasers were allowed. In 1998 it became illegal to trade Class 2 laser pointers that are "gadgets" (e.g. ball pens, key chains, business gifts, devices that will end up in children's possession, etc.). It is still allowed to trade Class 2 (< 1 mW) laser pointers proper, but they have to meet requirements regarding warnings and instructions for safe use in the manual. Trading of Class 3 and higher laser pointers is not allowed.

I love it that it says "trading not allowed". Owning one is a different story.
It is kinda misusing the law, but the law should be taken to the letter.
Plus its a stopid rule anyway.
I do have to say i love it that the netherlands dont have rules about laser scanning savety:)
I hope they keep that up.

Last edited:

lman

So, anyone got a nice laser???

Ok,before you get a 1w laser get laser safety glasses. We can't stop you from buying a 1w laser but we can help you be safe with it. But I will be glad to help you get a low power 532nm as long as you don't hurt yourself or any one with and you show me your laser safety glasses.

Btw your dad has to buy It.

Ok,before you get a 1w laser get laser safety glasses. We can't stop you from buying a 1w laser but we can help you be safe with it. But I will be glad to help you get a low power 532nm as long as you don't hurt yourself or any one with and you show me your laser safety glasses.

Btw your dad has to buy It.

I will ofcourse order some glasses before i get my laser, and i will always put them on...

DJNY

I will ofcourse order some glasses before i get my laser, and i will always put them on...

Ok, now you also lost my help.

You don´t use your brain or at least did VERY LITTLE research for such a statement.

If you always wear the goggles, a 5mW keychain is going to be the perfect choice for you.

lman

post a pic of your two pairs of safety glasses with a sheet of paper that says your user name.

Last edited:

Ash

Young 11-year old. :tsk:
You have a great deal to learn about laser safety before getting a 1 Watt laser.

Ok, now you also lost my help.

You don´t use your brain or at least did VERY LITTLE research for such a statement.

If you always wear the goggles, a 5mW keychain is going to be the perfect choice for you.
Yes. Get a 5mW green laser, and learn about laser safety to find out why you need to wear the glasses.
You have to learn the proper time when conditions are safe to remove your safety glasses (when the beam can not reflect back at you [bounce off mirror / glass], outside usually).

Bad idea I got eye damage with those words.
Yes. Obtain safety glasses before purchasing a laser.
Here's a good pair for you: link
They cover almost all laser colors (except red and orange) including IR.

What is there wrong???
You are too young to own a laser.
I suggest you have your father educate himself on laser safety, purchase safety glasses and a laser and keep it locked up and only let you "use" it under supervision. It is in your best interest to start small. a 50mW green and a 200mW red laser with safety glasses for each (different color glasses for different color lasers).

Lasers are not toys. They can blind you faster than you can blink if the beam hits your eye (including a very fast swipe).

Educate yourself. Read this thread: --> http://laserpointerforums.com/f53/hit-eye-1000mw-445nm-blue-laser-69469.html

lman

I have a pair now,but I am trying to point this kid in the right direction.

So, anyone got a nice laser???

I got some nice lasers, and i'm from the netherlands.. ^^

But not selling to 11 year old kids..:crackup:

I know how it goes from there..

Kid shines in someone's face.. tells police he got it from me, my collection get's raped by police
HELL NO.

Lol at the tags btw :)

Last edited:
Young 11-year old. :tsk:
You have a great deal to learn about laser safety before getting a 1 Watt laser.

Yes. Get a 5mW green laser, and learn about laser safety to find out why you need to wear the glasses.
You have to learn the proper time when conditions are safe to remove your safety glasses (when the beam can not reflect back at you [bounce off mirror / glass], outside usually).

Yes. Obtain safety glasses before purchasing a laser.
Here's a good pair for you: link
They cover almost all laser colors (except red and orange) including IR.

I suggest you have your father educate himself on laser safety, purchase safety glasses and a laser and keep it locked up and only let you "use" it under supervision. It is in your best interest to start small. a 50mW green and a 200mW red laser with safety glasses for each (different color glasses for different color lasers).

Lasers are not toys. They can blind you faster than you can blink if the beam hits your eye (including a very fast swipe).

Educate yourself. Read this thread: --> http://laserpointerforums.com/f53/hit-eye-1000mw-445nm-blue-laser-69469.html

For the last time, I AM NOT STUPID, i am aware of all the dangers,
tough i am young, i know all of it,
but, cant you remember when you wanted something?
I am now having that feeling, i just want one,
and i will always wear safety glasses,
And i was thinking, what is the difference between a 100mw laser and a 1W laser, ok, the 1W is more dangerous, but the 100mw can also hurt you alot and it also can blind you...

lman

For the last time, I AM NOT STUPID, i am aware of all the dangers,
tough i am young, i know all of it,
but, cant you remember when you wanted something?
I am now having that feeling, i just want one,
and i will always wear safety glasses,
And i was thinking, what is the difference between a 100mw laser and a 1W laser, ok, the 1W is more dangerous, but the 100mw can also hurt you alot and it also can blind you...
The fact a 1w laser is ten times as powerful. And that's like saying what's the difference between a airsoft gun and a desert Eagle.

Last edited:

The bad thing is that the 100mW is probably only half as bright as the 1W and unbelievably less likely to injure your eye.

Based on Sony's safety data sheets on laser safety, I am of the opinion that >500mW is where things turn from pretty dangerous to REALLY dangerous.

Yeah, you can get injured from 100mW, but you also stand a good chance of getting a very temporary injury or avoiding injury altogether unless it is a very direct hit.

At 1 Watt, the odds change radically. Now the same accident will almost certainly cause instant, permanent injury to one, or both of your eyes.

>5mW

I let my 3 and 4 year-olds play with a 3mW (metered by me) 635nm supervised by me or my wife.

Lasers are not toys.

It is funny, when I show friends my lasers they always ask, "What are these FOR?"

I give them a quick star pointer demonstration (Orion and Sirius are up right now) and then I grin and say, "basically they are toys!"

They can blind you faster than you can blink if the beam hits your eye (including a very fast swipe).

Definitely a blind spot in his eye anyway!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.