Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello From Other Side :)

Welcome! I've always wanted to go further north from Michigan and into Northern Canada (I love cold weather and winters here are only 4 months)!

It sounds like many of these solutions are going to be short-term, ongoing, and frustrating.

Around here, people typically use one of two options:

1) Shoot the animals and kill them (I don't endorse or do this option myself). This does present a challenge with small pests at night, as you mentioned.

2) Live trap, followed by killing them or relocating them.

I'm a HUGE fan of live trapping and relocating. Everyone wins (unless you relocate near someone else's house lol). And, besides a trip out to the woods for relocation / release, is a fairly laid back process.

Best of luck!
-jeff

Thanks Much. Really appreciate. Just don't want do trapping and release with snake though :)

Me and friend of mine, owns a farm in Thailand. Where we got field, cattle, poultry and fish. It's more of a hybrid firm. One of the day to day loosing battle is fighting Rats(size of a cat), Cyotes, Foxes and tip of the iceberg Snake. Our use of chemicals is restricted due to animals and people lives in farm....

Yellow Knife is as far north in latitude as I am and there are no snakes in Alaska that I know of, not at this latitude, except pets. Are you in Yellow Knife now or Thailand? I know you don't have snakes that far north in Canada, this must be a joke with the "iceberg snake" remark, that's akin to an Alaskan fur snake, yea.... people don't think they exist, but they do, symbiotically attaching themselves to the back end of a Alaskan tailless fox.

Last edited:
Hello Neighbor.....
I live in Yellowknfie. Our farm house is in Thailand and that where we intend to use it. Never mentioned of any iceberg snake. It would've been Grizzly or Polar beer :) but no... No intention of walking in to their territory.

Hello Neighbor.....
I live in Yellowknfie. Our farm house is in Thailand and that where we intend to use it. Never mentioned of any iceberg snake. It would've been Grizzly or Polar beer :) but no... No intention of walking in to their territory.

Well, here's a quote of the whole post, below, but I see iceberg snake in there. Oh, I get it, you were just using the phrase "tip of the iceberg" but then forgot, not meaning a iceberg snake. OK, I can see that but curious exactly what kind of snake you are having problems with in Thailand? Why is it a problem, poisonous? If you don't want rats, why are you trying to get rid of the snakes? Rats too big for the snakes?

Hi Everyone. Obokash here from Northern Canada (that means a lot of restrictions on what class and what m/mv type laser). Been in to laser for a while but mostly cheap and fun stuffs.

Not sure if I'm asking the right question in right place but please correct me if wrong. Need your help and suggestion regarding the type/color best for our needs.

Me and friend of mine, owns a farm in Thailand. Where we got field, cattle, poultry and fish. It's more of a hybrid firm. One of the day to day loosing battle is fighting Rats(size of a cat), Cyotes, Foxes and tip of the iceberg Snake. Our use of chemicals is restricted due to animals and people lives in farm.

We bought a China made laser from Bangkok last year for near about THB 7,000 (USD200) was promised to expect great performance. It burns mostly anything within 5-6FT but this is it and not that of a great.

We are looking to buy something that works within 15-20 fit and powerful enough to burn/sting a Rat, Snake and Cyote, so that they don't come back. It's strictly for pest/animal control and not for fun. You guys are the best knowledgeable fellas here and i rely on your best suggestion. We will pay the person/company and they can ship it to us in Bangkok.

Please feel free to chime in and help us with your great suggestions and please point is to the right directions.

Thanks.

I really doubt zapping a snake with a laser is going to teach it to stay off the property, Coyote yes, snake, nope, they are too stupid. Although I have to admit, I'm kinda confused, you are talking about a snake problem in Thailand, but a coyote problem in Yellow Knife? Only Coyotes I know of in Thailand are the girls and Coyote bars they frequent. If you are talking about one place that has both snakes and coyotes (animals, and not people), that can't be in either Yellow Knife or Thailand.

Exactly... These animals are scared of fire and takes laser as a fire too. At least that we achieved with our last laser. But we had to get really close to sting them. Which is kinda ok for Rat and Cyotes but wouldn't risk with a snake.

I'm soooo confused! Coyotes are not indigenous to Thailand, you must mean some other animal, unless they were brought into the country at some time in the past.

Last edited:
Well, here's a quote of the whole post, below, but I see iceberg snake in there. Oh, I get it, you were just using the phrase "tip of the iceberg" but then forgot, not meaning a iceberg snake. OK, I can see that but curious exactly what kind of snake you are having problems with in Thailand? Why is it a problem, poisonous? If you don't want rats, why are you trying to get rid of the snakes? Rats too big for the snakes?

I really doubt zapping a snake with a laser is going to teach it to stay off the property, Coyote yes, snake, nope, they are too stupid. Although I have to admit, I'm kinda confused, you are talking about a snake problem in Thailand, but a coyote problem in Yellow Knife? Only Coyotes I know of in Thailand are the girls and Coyote bars they frequent. If you are talking about one place that has both snakes and coyotes (animals, and not people), that can't be in either Yellow Knife or Thailand.

I'm soooo confused! You write about Coyotes and snakes in Thailand, but there are no Coyotes indigenous to that country, you must mean some other animal, unless they were brought into the country at some time in the past.

Let me make things easier for you. Can you please forget about the part where I mentioned I live in Yellowknfie. Yes... All the animals I mentioned about does exists in Thailand. We do have Cyotes(Asian version) comes in night to eat chicken. Now, do you have any info regarding the right laser for my problem? And to answer your questions, please seek help of Google. I'm pretty sure Mr. Google has much more accurate answer than me. Thanks.

Last edited:
Coyotes in Thailand, wow, amazing.... I really don't agree with using lasers on any kind of animal for any reason, sorry.

The issue with using lasers on animals is it seems cruel to me, you could blind them. While you could also kill them, that seems less cruel for some reason. I've googled and yahoo'd a while now, what is the real name of that animal? There isn't anything I can find called a Asian Coyote when I use that search term.

ARG

The issue with using lasers on animals is it seems cruel to me, you could blind them.

I find some animals can just be scared off by a bright flashlight during the night. A laser that has an output below the maximum permissible exposure would still work I think.

I find some animals can just be scared off by a bright flashlight during the night. A laser that has an output below the maximum permissible exposure would still work I think.

Tried that on snake and tried to bit one of our staff. Also, both on Rats and Cyote. They runs of and comes right back. Can't just have a guard posted with a flash light to scare them off for every 10minor so and have to consider his safety to. I understand your concern. I also understand, if you don't want to take any part of helping me considering animals involved. I will figure out a way.

Could you kindly check your inbox?

Last edited:
Wouldn't an ultrasonic deterrent system work better?

Discovered that options already. We would need 20 solar powered beacon station for the whole farm with multiple frequency ommiter. Also, It would if I was fighting ants, mosquitos, cockroaches, spiders etc. nothing for snake and mice. Also, the one for Fox and coyotes(if works) will affect my dogs.
Leave alone the cost of it!!!!

Discovered that options already. We would need 20 solar powered beacon station for the whole farm with multiple frequency ommiter. Also, It would if I was fighting ants, mosquitos, cockroaches, spiders etc. nothing for snake and mice. Also, the one for Fox and coyotes(if works) will affect my dogs.
Leave alone the cost of it!!!!

Well then.... I guess I feel informed. :)

And am I the only one who read the title and instantly thought of the Adele song? (I'm not an Adele fan, please don't hate on me...)

I still cannot find any kind of asian coyote.... I think we are being played with folks.

you're not the only one Alaskan, i can't find any asian coyotes....except a bunch of pole dancer.....

Yes they do have an equivalent, they aren't coyotes. They are native to all of S.E. Asia and parts of India and China, they are called a "Dhole" also knows as: the Asiatic wild dog, Indian wild dog, whistling dog, red wolf, red dog, mountain wolf. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhole#

Alan

Edit: There are also plenty of street dogs/stray dogs in Thailand.

Last edited: