Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello All

Have been interested mildly in lasers for a few year and more recently bought a few (50mw 532 and 100mw 405 from Dino Direct) along with a couple pair of goggles to start me on the path to building a some of my own. A friend turned me on to the site few a couple months back and then i found out it could get past my internet filter at work. Since I have spent at least an hour 3-5 days a week soaking in as much general info as I can. My work computer system is very slow so I did not join right away. But now I have joined and hope to see you all out there in forum land but will probably stay quite for the most part for a bit longer while I learn more. i plan to start my experiments harvesting the diode my self from most likely a CD or DVD player we have a nice recycle/trading center and I think I can get one in trade for junk. Already have a led flash light host laying around but will probably be after a heat sink, module, lens, and driver from y'all. Any way to end the ramble. I am :bowdown: to every one here for the wealth of information and the community you participate in. Thanks and Hello

Welcome to LPF!

You've found a goldmine of information here, it just takes some time learning how to find & use what you're looking for. As you venture deeper into the world of lasers always remember to take laser safety as serious as your passion for lasers. It's easy to say 'yeah, whatever' to a lof of precautions because 'pfft it's just light' and 'my eyes feel fine after an hour with this laser' but the truth is dozens of people permanently damage their eyesight in some form or another from being careless. It's no joke though, high powered lasers should be handled, respected and treated as carefully as a firearm.

Aside those precautions that most members would also emphasize... again, welcome aboard :beer:

Last edited:
Thank you for the welcome and I intend to take safety very seriously. I fully realize that lasers can easily seriously damage eye sight and even leave you blind. I fully respect the gravity of statements made by individuals who obviously know what they are talking about on the issue and can certainly see that the warnings from you and others are for safety alone.

Also sorry everybody about the excess 'a's in the original post i am writing a 5 page term paper for astronomy on the impact theory of the end Cretaceous Extinction that's due tomorrow and it taking up the majority of my attention span currently.

Welcome do LPF and remember, lase safe!

offtopic: looks awfully similar to my cat. beautiful one ;)

I certainly will (enjoy my new addiction that is) and I think my cat is beautiful too. Also i think I am more his person than is he MY cat.

cats + LOW POWERED lasers = FTW.
Welcome again, read some of the Laser FAQ just in case you haven't saw it. Most of your questions can be answered here. Any question you can post here!
:beer: