Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Have your lasers gotten you in trouble?

I live in a built up area, so don't have the chance to use it except for my back garden

I guess I am the lucky one here.
I live in a multi-story apartment building, in the heart of our museum/cultural district. Adjacent to my building are several night clubs. One with it's own PJ system.
When I want to show of my lasers outdoors, I just walk out to our parking garage, and have a blast. I've had cops on the ground, shine their flashlights at me as a warning. I usually just walk around the building.
Our parking garage has a security gate which allows only residents in, so I would have ample time to get in the apartment, before they got in the garage.
Even my upstairs neighbor is a cop, and he doesn't seem to be bothered when I have my little laser "shows" in the courtyard/dog park.
The only problem I had was when a bouncer at one of those nightclubs thought it would be funny to shine his 5mW red in my eyes. My 2W 445 took care of that douche bag.

The only problem I had was when a bouncer at one of those nightclubs thought it would be funny to shine his 5mW red in my eyes. My 2W 445 took care of that douche bag.

Did you actually shine yours near him? I honestly wouldn't risk the legal trouble of shining my Arctic at anybody except in self defense.

Relax all...I talked to him, and told him of the dangers of lasers to the eye and showed him how much more powerful mine was than his.

Relax all...I talked to him, and told him of the dangers of lasers to the eye and showed him how much more powerful mine was than his.

we all know thats not what you meant ;D
But nice save :D

Edit: If someone fires upon you, in my book , its fair game if no one else is near him.

Edit2:But im also a pilot, and i have perfect vision and get pissed if even a flashlight hits me in the eyes....

Last edited:

bungy

I'm curious too.

bungy, nice to see ya, you liking that PL-E?

Loving it! Did you see the tunnel gun adapter I made for it?
http://laserpointerforums.com/f42/tunnel-effect-attachment-82726.html

On topic, I have only gotten sort of in trouble once. This was back in the 90s when red keychain pointers were all the rage and I was ignorant of laser safety. I brought one to a concert in a half open arena. I was sitting in the lawn and shining the laser into the covered area above the stage and could just barely see the dot. A noticed a few other people were doing the same. Suddenly security came over and asked me to hand over the laser. Later they came back and returned it to me minus one of the three watch batteries inside. I did get it running again on two batteries, but it was considerably lower in power. It was considerate of them to return the laser, today I'm sure they would keep it and eject me.

These days, I generally do my outdoor beaming late at night, and the tunnel gun looks wild in the trees. I live in a pretty residential area, but I haven't had anyone complain or even come out and ask about my lasers. I've been expecting for someone to say something, but I am very cautious where I aim them. Occasionally I'll go out around dusk, and one time while I was beaming at the ground from my deck, the neighbors a few houses down were outside and I noticed that they saw me. No one came over, but they were all watching my lasers for a bit.

tumblr_m0crbuvo2q1rn5b0zo1_500.gif

Lol, no you didn't.