Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Guide: Where to buy 18650 & 26650 Li-Ion batteries

GSS

There's a Ebay seller "r-Isales" that's pretty fair and free quick shipping.
I've probably bought 5 or 6 times from them and got the cells within 3 day's or even 2 day's at times.

Last edited:

I needed some short 16340 batteries awhile back and bought those on eBay. I hated doing that, but was in a corner. I was very careful buying them and though they claimed to be 700 mAh they fell short. But, not by a great deal. Closer to 600 mAh.

There's a Ebay seller "r-Isales" that's pretty fair and free quick shipping.
I've probably bought 5 or 6 times from them and got the cells within 3 day's or even 2 day's at times.

Instead of going with 26650 cells one should look for 21700 sized cells as they are more or less identical mAh but smaller.
I have a vendor in Shenzhen who carries high capacity Samsung Chemical 21700 cells that I just got 4 batteries from. They have been tested. Each one takes 3hrs to charge at 2.4A acc. the data sheet. Capacity is 5000mAh each.

Just a helpful link for people looking into Li-ion batteries and wondering which high current INR/IMR model to get and how they stack up against other brands-performance.
I often use this danish site where there are no-nonsense or secondary motives. (just a lot of good info and testing)
Many models and graphs and a comparator where you can click and choose different models and then pick the amp effect, that goes all the way up to 30A (on the high current ones) and see how they handle that load.
There are also individual reviews for each.
18650 class-like cells (comparator)
and the smaller variants 18350 / 16340 etc
also a hell of a lot reviews of PSUs and battery chargers, from the cheapest dangerous ones to good quality ones and how they stack up under test.

HP batt pack- 6 or more 18650s inside

youtube vid you need to read & Heed==\
it gets easier after practice.
they 'hide' the seam under to lable-
pull it off or cut down the center CAREFULLY'
GO SLOW
avoids shorts or cutting the cover on the batts- small side nippers/ cutters will remove most of the leftover bits on each end- a small file will make it smooth (er)Beware of sellers passing off very used packs.... this one above sells new--(31 sold already-good reviews)

I have some PC shops saving used ones for me --you need to discharge and recharge to see
how good they still are.

BECAREFUL!!

you can get a bad shock-

ps one way to detect bad/cheap 18650s--weigh them.

An average genuine 18650 batteries will weigh about 45g ...and so nothing less than 42g.

hak

Last edited:

gazer101

If you live in a major metropolitan area there might be a vape shop near you that sells decent, cheap 18350 and 18650 LiIons
Possibly even 16340s though I don't have any shops near me that carry them

Dot

I've had good luck buying 18650's on Walmart's web site.

MurphyMurph

I've been buying imren 21700s from liionwholesale. The 21700s have a good capacity and fit all of my hosts that use an 18650 + spacer. Pretty good prices and good selection of other sizes. Shipping cost is a downside though.

That is why I always buy as many batteries as possible when ordering from liionwholesale.

To see what capacity many batteries really have, go to this link: https://lygte-info.dk/info/batteryIndex.html

You can see that most manufacturers over rate them!!
Mehh' already highlighted in post #20 from a few weeks ago with numerous links to each relevant segment.

- and for people using lab-gear, like DMM, electronic loads, bench PSU or scopes and likewise, the danish user behind Lygteinfo with the forum-name HKJ on EEVblog (and other electronic forums for flashlight and LEDs) and who are running lygteinfo.dk made a third-party program where you can datalog if you wanna measure effect or temp and stuff like that, and simply datalog/graph it over time.,

Last edited:
I am long-time member & supplier of lithium ion cells.
Now stocking new 21700 cells.

Encap

I am long-time member & supplier of lithium ion cells.
Now stocking new 21700 cells.
Good to see a post from you. You should put a post in the Buy, Sell, and Tade sub-forum to remind people you are around and have batteries for sale.