Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Guide: Where to buy 18650 & 26650 Li-Ion batteries

Justbooog

I have it and can’t use it because I didn’t realize they had different batteries I just need a link to some really good batteries please

gazer101

If you have any vape shops near you, the vape batteries tend to be about as good as LiIons get

Lion wholesale gets recomended a lot but I typically buy from ebay.

Last testing I read about the ( KeepPower ) brand was one of the best but also cost more.

Last edited:
I buy from Lion wholesale, they are fast, at a great price, and guaranteed genuine brand name...

I have bought many batteries from liionwholesale. When you do it is best to buy all you can as the shipping costs are about the same for 1 or 2 as for several.

BTW does anyone have info about what 26650 battery is the safest in case there is a short curcuit in my torch or laser? What means it would cut-off if current surpasses 10 or 20 A.

Most of people in forums is looking for fast charging, higher capacity, higher discharge current... but for me all these numbers are fine on all of the batteries since years - the only thing I do not clearly understand is how the PCB in different protected batteries works. Does it react on the voltage drop or current raise to a special value?

I had several 18650 and 26650 purchased with torches and now I tested them on a programmable load in constant current mode.

For example Sanyo 18650 which came with Astrolux torch cut off when voltage drops to 3V (this happens at currents in range 5-6A)
Trustfire 26650 came with a big torch from ali and cut off bw 7-8A (looks like PCB reacts at current, not at voltage drop)
Litwod 26650 from ali (rechargeable battery with PCB is written on it) does not stop at all even if I raise discharge current to 20A. Is it protected or really not???
More expensive Keeppower from ali claimed in specs to be PROTECTED (IC made in Japan) and to have cut off at 2.75V - this one looks the most dangerous! I raised CC to 20A and the voltage dropped to 2V and it kept on discharging - no cut-off at all.

Can anyone recommend me a short curcuit-safe battery?

Damathon111

I purchased a Green Red Violet 304 Laser pointer, but I didn't buy the optional 2200mAh 18650 batteries with it. Do I have to buy 2200 mAh batteries or would a 3500 mAh battery like this be compatible?

Last edited:
The 3500 mAh batteries will actually work longer in that case. I buy all mine from lionwholesale.com. They seem to be the best when you want a new battery that is actually what they claim it is.

IWLSR5

Do people normally go with protected or unprotected cells for their lasers?

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Do people normally go with protected or unprotected cells for their lasers?
Depends. Sometimes they can't fit in a protected cell because the protection circuit makes them slightly longer than 65mm. Especially when you want to use two 18350 batteries.

IWLSR5

Depends. Sometimes they can't fit in a protected cell because the protection circuit makes them slightly longer than 65mm. Especially when you want to use two 18350 batteries.
Would you happen to know if 2 protected 18650 cells would fit in a SL S4X host?

Dusty_Lenses

Would you happen to know if 2 protected 18650 cells would fit in a SL S4X host?
For batteries these days I find online prices are typically higher than local vape shops. Not to mention you save on shipping. If you have any vape places near by, check out their website and see what they offer, maybe even take a trip and size it up in person.🍺

IWLSR5

For batteries these days I find online prices are typically higher than local vape shops. Not to mention you save on shipping. If you have any vape places near by, check out their website and see what they offer, maybe even take a trip and size it up in person.🍺
All the 18650 cells for my vapes and available at local vape shops are all flat tops. I know these hosts need button tops to make contact with the terminal board.