Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Guess our new products! - Sanwu Lasers

Hi All:

Sanwu posted a new video on their YouTube page that shows the best views of their RGB laser https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8eCzQ49RVw. I love the low divergence and bright beam spot. The small size and four control rings are awesome engineering and totally stun me. I can’t wait to actually hold one of these beauties in my hand!!

-cd :drool:

Apparently it isn’t Podo that posted the vid, maybe an employee!

Edit, Sorry I thought you said Podo posted a new vid!

Last edited:

Radim

Hi All:

Sanwu posted a new video on their YouTube page that shows the best views of their RGB laser https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8eCzQ49RVw. I love the low divergence and bright beam spot. The small size and four control rings are awesome engineering and totally stun me. I can’t wait to actually hold one of these beauties in my hand!!

Awesome. Thanks for sharing. The HW controls are exactly what I proposed here on LPF long time ago. :drool:

Well done. I'm in for sure. Wishlisted. :lasergun:

I like the host a lot - ideal for my purposes. Just if the power/mode ring could be used for continuous mode power regulation or possibly to be programmed.

What about Podo posting some release date and info? I cannot wait for a new laser in my collection. :)

Last edited:

BobMc

Hi All:

Excellent find, thanks for posting it. I’m starting to get that warm and fuzzy feeling. :D

It could all be done easily with pulse width modulation. All of it done on one board.

Radim

It could all be done easily with pulse width modulation. All of it done on one board.

Exactly, Paul! Hopefully Podo tracks this thread for tips. ;)

And thanks for rep. I'm out for now... Need to spread before giving it to you again.

Exactly, Paul! Hopefully Podo tracks this thread for tips. ;)

And thanks for rep. I'm out for now... Need to spread before giving it to you again.

You are most welcome, Radim. Don't worry about me as it is my pleasure to rep you. :yh:

Seems to me the first three rings control power to the R, G and B diodes, which is great.

I did some math and to keep with current sanwu pricing it should come out around $350-$400, which seems OK for a such a thing of beauty. I really hope this comes out at a reasonable pricing.

Last edited:
We should start a poll on guessing some prices, I’m thinking more $.

BobMc

I’m hoping/guessing 550.00ish. :thinking:

Last edited:

BobMc

I not sure this is a good idea. We might be giving Sanwu some new ideas. :crackup:

On second thought I’m going with 199.00. :D

Price point is important, he may make more money at a lower price due to higher sales volume.

Price point is important, he may make more money at a lower price due to higher sales volume.

Also quality is important, at least to me. I would be happy to pay 600-800 USD or more, depending of unit quality and usability. -Also unit run time is important.

---------
EDIT

This kind beam combining prism group would be ideal for Handheld unit, since it would stay aligned even if unit has dropped on ground e.g.

Last edited: