Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ground Screw

jimdt7

ohh, i see!
Let me try it and then post the results! :beer:

Jim

Reactions: ped

R.I.P. Jimdt7, TOD 4:13 P.M. 10-20-2012, COD Big a$$ exposion.
I'm glad Greece is nice and far from me..

ped

I was thinking of this thread just the other day :crackup:

Alas the Python in my picture passed away in march.

RIP big girl.

ARG

Are ground poles acceptable?
KSrZdzl.jpg

OK after a year of research and development, I am releasing the new Ground Screw Kit.

This kit comes with 1x hot glue stick, 1x Certified Ground Screw, 1x High Quality Ground Screw Attachment Cable (Gold plated for better transmission).

You can also get the deluxe kit, which comes with a Hot Glue Gun. The hot glue gun comes with ground screw preinstalled so it is safe to use, and also comes with fins to lower wind resistance at high speeds.

The regular kit will sell for $49.95, and the deluxe kit sells for $79.95. I will be starting a kickstarter soon so we can mass produce the ground screw kit, so keep an eye on this thread so you can participate.

IsaacT

OK after a year of research and development, I am releasing the new Ground Screw Kit.

This kit comes with 1x hot glue stick, 1x Certified Ground Screw, 1x High Quality Ground Screw Attachment Cable (Gold plated for better transmission).

You can also get the deluxe kit, which comes with a Hot Glue Gun. The hot glue gun comes with ground screw preinstalled so it is safe to use, and also comes with fins to lower wind resistance at high speeds.

The regular kit will sell for $49.95, and the deluxe kit sells for $79.95. I will be starting a kickstarter soon so we can mass produce the ground screw kit, so keep an eye on this thread so you can participate.

I better get some royalties on that. #sternface

ARG

Where is the build thread for your ground screw laser Isaac? I want to re-read it. :D

Last edited:
Let us not forget to ground screw our computers as well. Not doing so can cause detrimental and irreversible consequences to the computer and its user.

Here we can see the ground screw in action. Hot glue is recommended for the adhesion of said screw to computer, however masking tape is acceptable.

IMG_1374_zpsf3d981e2.jpg

IsaacT

Yeah you CAN use masking tape....but your duty cycles are going to be lower because the grounding interfacing will have to recharge after a bit. Also if the masking tape gets loose, you could get an unstable ground connection. That could potentially kill your computer monitor. I'm just sayin man, if you are going to do a job, do it right! You don't wanna have to buy a new monitor because you cheaped out on the essentials. Get on dat kit spyro is offering.

ARG

Added ground screw protection to my calculator :)

2j15jXx.jpg

Things

You sure the green coating doesn't interfere with their previously superior ground screwing ability?