Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Groove anodizing Poll everyone vote plz.

Deadline is approaching ! I wanna see more CLEAR votes ! :D The "black" votes are 2-1 as of right now - c'mon peoples ! Erm...can I vote 5 times since I am getting 5 barrels ? It would be poopy if someone who is getting one barrel outvotes in favor of black if the majority of barrels would want clear...make sense ? NOT trying to be difficult (God forbid I EVER try to be difficult ! LOL) But I think each barrel should have a vote - that would be fair in my mind...may even make the difference in numbers bought, too - for instance, if I saw that the folks that want black anodizing were winning, I may just buy a few more barrels to topple their vote :D Not mean, just practical :)

Yeah, this is BS.
How 'bout we just have the people purchasing barrels vote. And even more, one vote per barrel would be acceptable too. I'd also think it's a good idea to send out notification through email, cause not everyone checks this site very often.
I don't see why people who didn't put in money for these should get any vote at all. People buying these barrels have most likely had this hobby for quite a while, and would have a different opinion than someone who just stumbled upon this forum and decided to vote for black cause their first laser pen they just bought at wallmart is black.

edit
(That post looks a little mean, but it's the coffee talking :). Just make sure you get enough un-anodized cause it looks like a lot of us paying customers don't want black..)

daguin

wicked1 said:
Yeah, this is BS.

STFU!

ONLY after you create, design, research machinists, organize a GB, invest a significant amount of your own money, do the legwork needed, and follow through with said plans, will you be able to decide how said GB is run. Until then, all you are doing with such comments, sentiments, and criticism is showing everybody your ass.

Did I mention STFU?

Peace,
dave

AHHH yes.. definitely nothing against Kenom. Whatever works out is good. I would not have put money in, however, if I knew they would be black. Un-anodized is 100% ok w/ me as well, but I really don't want 2 more black laser barrels. It was the silver look of the last run, and of the drawing of this barrel which got me interested.
I am a paying customer. I have over $150.00 invested in this project. I think my say should count more so than someone w/ 0 money invested. That's all.
If most of the paying customers decide they want black, then that's just the way it goes. There's always ebay.

(wait.. and I just re-read this thread, and I certainly didn't say anything more than the post above mine, and a a few others said. Maybe you're one of those people who is sensitive to abridged cuss words, in which case sorry to offend your sensitive eyes)

Since color wasn't in the original specs, it's definitely every customers right to have their opinion heard. I'm not saying im going to call google and try to get my money back, or screw up the purchases or anything. I'm just stating my opinions while I have the chance.

I honestly was not trying to start a huge argument over this, I PROMISE ! Kenom and I are buds, however much I ride him about stuffs :p

I was only saying that perhaps a more precise poll could be done - by polling only the participants (and Kenom has the emails !) he could be able to get a better, more fair idea of what everyone (or at least the majority) wants... The poll's data is too easily manipulated to be accurate of everyone's desires...

daguin

wicked1 said:
AHHH yes.. definitely nothing against Kenom. Whatever works out is good. I would not have put money in, however, if I knew they would be black. Un-anodized is 100% ok w/ me as well, but I really don't want 2 more black laser barrels. It was the silver look of the last run, and of the drawing of this barrel which got me interested.
I am a paying customer. I have over $150.00 invested in this project. I think my say should count more so than someone w/ 0 money invested. That's all.
If most of the paying customers decide they want black, then that's just the way it goes. There's always ebay.

(wait.. and I just re-read this thread, and I certainly didn't say anything more than the post above mine, and a a few others said. Maybe you're one of those people who is sensitive to abridged cuss words, in which case sorry to offend your sensitive eyes)

LOL! I lose at least one student a semester because they can't take the number of expletives sprinkled liberally throughout my lectures!

You are taking a very egocentric point of view. ALL the barrels are NOT sold. Kenom will have significant stock left over AFTER your three barrels ship. You want "more" to say? . . . Take on more of the risk.

Peace,
dave

Im just gonna drop it here, cause I really don't mean to be a dick.
I could have worded my posts more eloquently. Just like SenKat said, I'm also not trying to start an argument. Just stating my opinion..... w/ an extra "BS" thrown in there :)

I do appreciate all the work that goes into one of these. I helped a friend w/ a synthesizer module group buy. PCB's, hundreds of electronic components per order, front panel, drilled and anodized. It was not an easy task.

I worry not what color it comes. the craftsmanship is truly the most important part in all of this and well i am sure i have no reason to worry about that part at all. so what ever color i get their is no problem besides EZ-Off oven cleaner can easily strip off anodizing for what i have been reading from there you can dye and seal it if desired.

danq

I definitely want mine NOT anodized now!

just dug up this thread: Anodization of Aluminum Laser Parts by drlava (thanks!!)

and this dye: Caswell anodizing dye

Have bought from Caswell before - electroplating supplies - they're good.

please forgive the minor hijack, but I can't help it, gotta post a pic of something I made out of tomatillo husks - the photo just shows one, but my wife has a set of earrings.

plating aluminum is a bit more work though...

Attachments

• gold_tomatillo.jpg
    gold_tomatillo.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 106

Kenom

apparently the folks who actually participated in the GB are saying 50/50. *Sign* that means having to email everyone and asking preference before mailing them out.

rkcstr

I think I'd actually like to change my vote to clear! Black would be cool for a red burner, but I'm using mine for a violet, and I think clear would look nicer for it.

wicked1 said:
AHHH  yes..  definitely nothing against Kenom. Whatever works out is good.  I would not have put money in,  however, if I knew they would be black.  Un-anodized is 100% ok w/ me as well, but I really don't want 2 more black laser barrels.  It was the silver look of the last run, and of the drawing of this barrel which got me interested.
I am a paying customer.  I have over $150.00 invested in this project.  I think my say should count more so than someone w/ 0 money invested.  That's all.  
If most of the paying customers decide they want black, then that's just the way it goes.  There's always ebay.

(wait.. and I just re-read this thread, and I certainly didn't say anything more than the post above mine, and a a few others said.  Maybe you're one of those people who is sensitive to abridged cuss words, in which case sorry to offend your sensitive eyes)

Since color wasn't in the original specs, it's definitely every customers right to have their opinion heard.  I'm not saying im going to call google and try to get my money back, or screw up the purchases or anything.  I'm just stating my opinions while I have the chance.

First, Let me say, I'm sure I have as much money invested in this as you do and more than most!

However, I view this as a favor for us by Kenom, he could (should?) say, "Hey you are all getting ....." and that would be the end of it.

So, at least be civil about it!