Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Great buying experiences with Flaminpyro

Ok... So purchased this utterly amazing 445nm-laser diode and lens from another amazing guy here on the site... so now... I have a problem.. how do I cool it? I was told that Flaminpyro was the man to talk to. So I sent him off a message... expecting... mmmm - maybe a reply tomorrow or the next day. Humm - what is this - UNREAD message ?!?!? -WOW - I hardly had time to make some tea and I got a reply back from him. I told him what I needed.. "A heat sink for a 445nm laser diode" and I would give him the details on the size when I got it. HA - what was I thinking - like Flaminpryo needs measurement on a diode - nooooo - he knew exactly what I needed and gave me a quote.. At first I thought he forgot to include the price for the heat sink and just quoted me shipping... NOPE - total price!! WOW -ok- humm -I think to myself: "I hope this is not some.. aluminum foil balled together in a circle or something hahaha". Well - I ordered it on a Sunday night.. and 3 days later... :: GASP :: it arrived along with my laser diode from the other gentlemen - BOTH IN THE SAME DAY! It was indeed very very well packed... so after removing the protective covering he placed around it...I am greeted by this HUGE chunk of brilliantly polished cube of aluminum that had a hole all the way through the center and a tinny hole for a set screw. The machining was perfection.. the corners were very nicely chamfer so as not to poke my self also! When I placed the diode in the opening.. IT WAS AN AMAZING FIT.. PERFECT - I do not know how it could have been any more perfect of a fit. So with my diode in place.. I, with great anticipation, touch the leads to the battery...IT WAS AMAZING !!! I was afraid at first to let it run more then a few seconds.. thinking it would overheat - HA.. SILLY ME - what was I thinking.. If Faminpyro makes you a heat sink.. he MAKES YOU A HEAT SINK.. I ran it for a little bit - perfect.. keep it cool... NOT A SINGLE PROBLEM... I can not tell you how perfect of a match this heatsink is to this diode.. it was like they were made together... separated then joined back together again.. If anyone ever needs a heat sink and not sure what they need or needs a quality heat sink... Flaminpyro is the guy to see. He machining skill is top-notch, his knowledge is amazing.. his price... too low :p His response time.. at times I think he was in back of me watching me write the question.. HA!!! I live in Texas.. it's been hot here.. I am thinking about inquiring with him about having him make a heat sink for the state.. so we could attach TX to it... funny thing... I bet he could have it done in a weekend! Flaminpyro service has been most outstanding, his product top-notch... dont waste your time elsewhere... This is the man to come to for your HeatSink. !!! THANK YOU Flaminpyro !!!

Wow That is one heck of a thank you ! I have never been so moved by a review of my products, THANKS :bowdown:

I am glad you like the heatsink !

We are going to have to wait on that heatsink for Texas as I'm making one for Louisiana right now :crackup:

Ok... So purchased this utterly amazing 445nm-laser diode and lens from another amazing guy here on the site... so now... I have a problem.. how do I cool it? I was told that Flaminpyro was the man to talk to. So I sent him off a message... expecting... mmmm - maybe a reply tomorrow or the next day. Humm - what is this - UNREAD message ?!?!? -WOW - I hardly had time to make some tea and I got a reply back from him. I told him what I needed.. "A heat sink for a 445nm laser diode" and I would give him the details on the size when I got it. HA - what was I thinking - like Flaminpryo needs measurement on a diode - nooooo - he knew exactly what I needed and gave me a quote.. At first I thought he forgot to include the price for the heat sink and just quoted me shipping... NOPE - total price!! WOW -ok- humm -I think to myself: "I hope this is not some.. aluminum foil balled together in a circle or something hahaha". Well - I ordered it on a Sunday night.. and 3 days later... :: GASP :: it arrived along with my laser diode from the other gentlemen - BOTH IN THE SAME DAY! It was indeed very very well packed... so after removing the protective covering he placed around it...I am greeted by this HUGE chunk of brilliantly polished cube of aluminum that had a hole all the way through the center and a tinny hole for a set screw. The machining was perfection.. the corners were very nicely chamfer so as not to poke my self also! When I placed the diode in the opening.. IT WAS AN AMAZING FIT.. PERFECT - I do not know how it could have been any more perfect of a fit. So with my diode in place.. I, with great anticipation, touch the leads to the battery...IT WAS AMAZING !!! I was afraid at first to let it run more then a few seconds.. thinking it would overheat - HA.. SILLY ME - what was I thinking.. If Faminpyro makes you a heat sink.. he MAKES YOU A HEAT SINK.. I ran it for a little bit - perfect.. keep it cool... NOT A SINGLE PROBLEM... I can not tell you how perfect of a match this heatsink is to this diode.. it was like they were made together... separated then joined back together again.. If anyone ever needs a heat sink and not sure what they need or needs a quality heat sink... Flaminpyro is the guy to see. He machining skill is top-notch, his knowledge is amazing.. his price... too low :p His response time.. at times I think he was in back of me watching me write the question.. HA!!! I live in Texas.. it's been hot here.. I am thinking about inquiring with him about having him make a heat sink for the state.. so we could attach TX to it... funny thing... I bet he could have it done in a weekend! Flaminpyro service has been most outstanding, his product top-notch... dont waste your time elsewhere... This is the man to come to for your HeatSink. !!! THANK YOU Flaminpyro !!!

Hello, I just wanted to give Kudos to Flaminpyro for the Laser I had which he updated with dual drivers. Here is the link: Dual Driver Laser Basically, I had come up with the idea to put a dual driver in one of my rarely used lasers and asked around who could do it. Well being a long time lurker, I have gotten some education and contacts of people who knew people. So I came across flaminpyro Jeff who was willing to give it a shot. Before I even shipped it, I warned him of the small room he had to work with on the diode head. So off it went, And boy, was it a awesome transformation. No pics, but It is an awesome laser, best i own by far. It only takes unprotected cells because there isn't any room for anything else. He said the insides weren't up to par so he took everything out and replaced them with shinny new ones (which I appreciate). The best thing about the whole deal, was that He responds to your PM's like there's no tommorow. We almost have enough back and forth PMs to fill a whole thread. But I'm totally happy with the end result, and it makes my time here on the forums even more enjoyable, with the amount of talent here and everyone's love of lasers, This ones a keeper, oh the stats were 1247mW with the single driver bumped to 2021mW peak dual drivers and this baby doesn't get hot quick like it once was with the single driver, He crammed that second driver in there, don't ask me how he did that!
thanks Flaminpyro

Wow That is one heck of a thank you ! I have never been so moved by a review of my products, THANKS :bowdown:

LMFAO How much are you paying these guys for posting? :D

What's the matter T_J you aren't getting enough attention at this moment, feel the need to troll do you.
They posted because they wanted to not because I pay them, maybe that is how you operate but not me :D

Last edited:

DTR

I will say IamSteveSteve contacted me after he got the parts from me and the heatsink form Flaminpyro all ecstatic about his new build and said he wanted to share his good experience with us so I directed him to look in the feedback section to let it all out.;)

I do admit he was a little overjoyed.:beer:

I love it when people are enthused about something, so many people are "boob tubed" out now days, it's refreshing to see some one get a big charge out of there first laser, makes me remember the first red HeNe I had way back.

I will say IamSteveSteve contacted me after he got the parts from me and the heatsink form Flaminpyro all ecstatic about his new build and said he wanted to share his good experience with us so I directed him to look in the feedback section to let it all out.;)

I do admit he was a little overjoyed.:beer:

I have made a couple transactions with Jeff and I am actually about to make a relatively big one soon... Jeff has fast, quality shipping and always picks out the best parts to sell everybody here on the forums :) I definitely recommend Jeff not only because of his excellent inventory and quality, but because of his excellent customer service! He always responds to my pm's pretty much immediately or worse care scenario in the same day... ;) BTW Thanks Jeff for answering all my questions because I know I have a lot

P.s. I would +1 but the system won't let me :( So lets just say I theoretically gave you rep ;) haha

LaZeRz

Jeff bribes them with excellent quality products and excellent customer service ;)

Notice the "LMFAO" and smiley at the end? :rolleyes: The joke was pointed at the two posters, not Jeff. You have to admit it was a little over kill.

I give away more stuff than I sell, so I really dont need to pay anyone for posts. In fact I've told people not to say anything at all because I like my persona.

LaZeRz

Yeh, I know ;) I also put a wink smiley at the end of my post :D

Just commenting on Jeffs work, and as far as his customer service goes, it's pretty darn good.

Just received some stuff from Jeff! Everything was packaged very neatly, postage too about a week and a bit. Heatsink made really well!

FlaminPyro said:
I do treat people the way I would like to be treated and I do really like helping people

No doubts he's very polite and its an honour to buy from him.
My package arrived save and FAST even with a 'Laser Den Custom Lasers' business card that I like lots (even not living on the USA) :D
Oh with a white box thats useful for storing batteries/tools inside hahah.

Thanks bro!

Never had even the slightest problem dealing with Jeff, in fact he's really gone the extra mile for me on occasion. The community needs more people like him, and there are some people who would do well to learn a thing or two from him.