Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Gold Plated 445nm 800mW Pen Build

Not too concerned. Most of the little light that is being clipped is being absorbed into the focus tip and not being reflected back to the diode. This is just my educated guest. The inside of the back of the focus tip is no longer a smooth reflective surface. I have another one of these kits here waiting for a customer....hint hint.

Subtle you are not :p

Unfortunately I'm now in extreme savings mode :( booked a trip to Vegas :D but not I'm a bit broke :( but vegas... :D

If you paint he inside black to absorb, I guess there is no reason to worry.

Nice! Vegas should be fun. What about if I put a 2W in the next one. With the copper module my duty cycle should be a nice long 5-10 seconds LOL. Might be fun to have despite being ridiculously impractical.

Blord

With 2W in the next build you might end with a glow stick. It will heat up so much that it start to glow. :crackup:

I've actually built a nice 1.7W or so laser in a pen. Was my favorite laser. I never have my lasers on for more than few seconds anyway.

After receiving my E3 core that was upgraded by Ibuprofen200mg, I REALLY love the pen style oppose to the bigger host. Thanks for sharing this build, always looking at Cliff's site. He has the gold and the chrome ive been looking at. Hopefully after vacation and me getting a new car this weekend, I can buy this host. This build came out beautiful, the pen looks so clean. I have one question though, have you thought about putting a small led under the one whole next to the power button. I love how Ibuprofen200mg set up the blue led to come one, maybe he could help you out with that.

Glad you like it tacoherder ;) . Nice build Yob, I can slip you some of those tiny
LEDs in the mail if you wanna play with them, I have tons. (free of coure ;) )

There is only one of these and there won't be anymore. It has been my personal carry around laser but I am ready to let someone else enjoy it. But only if he/she promises to take care of it and use it properly. Baby it basically.

Oh I thought there was more than one made and it was for sale. It is beautiful I am truly envious.

Sadly not. Sorry. Unless I were to lathe one of my blue-ice focus adapters down to the right diameter.

I wouldn't change it at all. It would go into my fancy pen box and eveything. I've even got some fancy laser glasses I would wear.