Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

God help me. Drivers

I'm not sure how much easier it would be though.....The majority of the time spent is getting the components into place.

the only step baking them would take out is actually grabbing the iron and soldering them, which only takes a couple of seconds...

believe me...its a LOT easier. its still a little time consuming but not near as time consuming as using an iron. remember all those couple of seconds add up to minutes...

Compared to hand soldering.... Manual (no silkscreen) Solder pasting
and hand placing and reflow soldering is at least 1/2 the time if not
faster...
PM Ryan (rkcstr) and ask him...

If you are only doing 1 unique run of 50 PCBs then... yeah... do them by hand..

Jerry

Kenom

Hire a mexican to do it :na:
I agree, you can pick them up at home depot by the dozens, or atleast here you can, idk the quantity or quality of mexicans you have in Missouri. Last time I was there I went to tom sawyers cave, I never saw a home depot, just a golden corral. lol.
Racial slander is not permitted on the forum. Get a looot of people in trouble there.

:( It makes me want to cut myself.....repetitious horror

50 drivers, 21 solder points per driver.....1050 points to solder.

You could send some boards and components to me and I'll happily assemble a bunch for a few to keep myself!!! LOL

Last edited:

HIMNL9

Just do it in a production run... do all 50 boards with one same component...

Jerry, LOL ..... you remember me when i was working making prototypes, and then soldering 50 or 100 pre-production series, waiting the definitive products ..... i still have some of them around, just for remember me how i was feeling at the end of the day, all the times .....

attachment.php

And, time by time, i also had some fun and relax ..... wild soldering/wirewrapping mix, FTW :p :d :crackup:

attachment.php

For this, i say that Mohrenberg work is all rest, LOL :D

Attachments

• proto-preprod.jpg
    proto-preprod.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 306
  • wirewrapping.jpg
    wirewrapping.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 256
Oh wow.....
HAHA wouldn't it suck if you fired it up and it didn't work! try retracing those wires hahaha

...yeah those pictures are far worse than what i am dealing with

Racial slander is not permitted on the forum.

He didn say anything derogatory. Its the American way to employ illegal aliens to do jobs we dont want to do, cheaply too. Hell we buy goods from countries that use force labor that employ old women, and children.

Kenom

yet if you were mexican looking at these posts would you not take offense at it? I personally wouldn't want to be referred to as a race of cheap labor. Be it fact or not, it's not nice to say and is slander.

Slander, n.
  • Law. Oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation.
  • A false and malicious statement or report about someone.
If he called them sponging dirty wetbacks, then you'd have a point. He was not talking about all Mexicans in general, just the illegal ones that hang out at Home Depot. Which is true, and not slander.

If I was Mexican I'd think I'd laugh. I laugh at the white trash next door to me all the time, and I'm almost there myself LOL. Mexicans are not a politically correct people, so I would not worry about anyone getting offended by it.

AW, so almost had that argument tech, but then you failed.
"Mexicans are not a politically correct people, so I would not worry about anyone getting offended by it"

it's ok, people call me a Nazi or and i don't get offended.

Kenom

Ok then let me rephrase that. It's a STEREOTYPE. As a rule, it's just not a good idea to do it. I don't care what YOU think would be offensive. I FIND it offensive.

It's not my goal to piss on everyone's parade and take all teh fun out of this forum. It's my goal to make you more sensative to others feelings and make this a fun place FOR EVERYONE.

are you mexican? i'm not sure if you have to be mexican to find it offensive or not....the rules for these kinds of these are very unclear...
this is a bit like that dumb sexual harassment rule. Where if you have a photo hanging up, and a woman walks by and sees it and finds it offensive then it's still sexual harassment, or overhears a joke between two people having a private conversation and gets offended....
I think those two were made up just for the ugly rhino's of the workplace.....otherwise they'd never get the chance to yell sexual harassment.

not that i've ever had an issue with that sort of thing....but i'm tired of censoring myself everywhere i go.

....so how about that weather huh?

Last edited:
Kenom, sorry if I offended you, your comments were noted and I'll try to keep that kind of talk out of the forum. I gotta side with tech_junkie though, that was not slander, it may be stereotypical, but where I live, they just happen to fit that stereotype very well. I've worked with plenty of illegals, and are very good friends with a lot of them, just like everyone else, some do and some don't take offense. In my personal experience they usually don't. I'm colombian so I speak fluent spanish, makes it easy.

-edit-- and seriously, you could pick one up, and I'm sure you can instruct him on how to assemble the drivers if you spell everything out for him. 8.00 an hour. :p

Kenom

nah I'm not hispanic. I'm white. However I've started working with native americans in the shelter I volunteer at and I see a lot of the stereotypes that most people put on them and it's hard to overcome. I've not necessarily taken it upon myself to right all of the wrongs done to them because some of them deserve it. We are all responsible for our own actions in life and as a ruleif you screw up, you get nailed. Society is very unforgiving. Should I then think that every native american is a drunk homeless person then? Nah. Just isn't right.

Anyway, enough threadjacking. I just wanted to stop the stereotyping since it was along those lines that got cold in trouble with the lawyers in the first place.