Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Gitd MS-SSW

8426-imag0238.jpg

Just started. Need to do lots of touch ups but how's it look so far? Taking forever!

ARG

Oooo Looking good!

What are you using to do that?

It's epoxy and powder. Lol thanks sinner your approval means a lot. Thanks guys . It's very tedious work. But I think it's going to be worth it. Going to add a second coat later when it dries more and really get it going.

Last edited:

Pman

I'm exhausted just thinking about doing all that:)

sinner

That is seriously a lot of work, But it looks simply fantastic that's for sure!

So, this might be a hard question to answer, but how does one determine the ratio of GITD powder to epoxy? I just bought some powder with the intent of doing some of my handhelds, but I'm not sure how much powder to use. Any suggestions or guidelines?

SKeeZ

This ladies and gentleman, what you have just experienced is called an Eyegasm (Pronounced I-Gaz-uhm).

SKeeZ

Oh yeah and i love all the grime on your hand. it happens.

Yes the equation is as follows. P for plenty. Mix as much powder that will go into to epoxy lol it will become very opaque and thick. Mix for about 30 sec so it won't accept and more powder . Then offload freak told me to spread with a toothpick. I eventually used my finger like you would spread culk . Wipe away the over spread and let it dry. You WILL have areas to go back and hit. So apply as many coats as it takes to make it even. As you can see mine needs to be coated a second time.

Oh and that's my .......lets call it summer camp.......... Tattoo lol ....need to touch that up too!

By the way guys this thing already has a 3w plus 445 in her. Thank wannaburnstuff .... Liberty cannon glows!!

Last edited:
I was confused at forst because I thought theu were GITD o rings. I was like, please quit being lazy. It would take me 2 minutes to put 46 o rings on. Then I saw you were using GITD powder and epoxy. WTF? You clearly have more than 24 hours in your day. +1

Hey thanks alot guys. This was a tough one for my first gitd project but it's worth it! Means alot.. I'm usually the one saying wow looking good :)