Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

GB on 515 nm laser diodes?

Hiemal

2015 New TO18 Packege LD 515nm Laser Diode 515nm 30mw Laser Diode, View 515nm 30mw laser diode, OSRAM Product Details from Dongguan Lanji Photoelectricity Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com

I asked for a quote and their single diode pricing on these is only $33. The wavelength is uncommon ( I think these might be leftovers from when they made these 2-3 years ago) so they might become rare as time passes on.

I've never done a group buy before and honestly the thought of doing so kind of terrifies me. If anyone would be willing to take up the flag so to speak I'd be really grateful. :thanks:

Pman

Sounds interesting.
Ever make it to Rochester?

Hiemal

Sounds interesting.
Ever make it to Rochester?

Nope. Now I'm gonna end up moving across the country to oregon soon, go figure. :p

But yeah, I'm glad to see interest in these but again, I wouldn't feel comfortable heading the group buy on these...

Why does the price listed show $26.95? Isnt that less than the quite you got?
I'd like one.

Interesting, but we'll have to see if the price will increase much after shipping (from them and from organizer)/fees/whatever. Those diodes can be bought for about ~$50 (free worldwide shipping) on ebay if I remember correctly.

Gbb

i was getting very intrested in the spectrum lower then 520 def might snag a few for a cupple builds

515nm sounds good. This might be another
attempt at an argon replacement diode. If
they are on the lower end of the range,
though, close to 500nm, I find that shade
very ugly. It's like a sickly neither
green nor blue.

Keep in mind these are not "new" diodes.

In fact, they were the predecessor to the 520nm diodes. Osram released two direct green diodes fairly quickly.

515nm 30mW
520nm 50mW

A lot of times, however, they are sold interchangeably. They just have these direct green diodes, and pick a name and sell them at that.

Just a fair warning.

I do have a contact with this company for a long time. If you want I can contact and maybe get a better price.

Let me know if you need any help :beer: