Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

GB laser barrels

Jaeger

Just figured if you are commissioning a rather large job at a shop, they could probably cut those pieces really easily. Whatever, just throwing that out there.
I bet the push out die is fun :)

Kenom

Diode removal tool. $5

DSC00130.jpg

DSC00131.jpg

DSC00113.jpg

DSC00114.jpg

DSC00116.jpg

I've received 2/3 of the (barrels + drivers) I ordered.  I did receive parts for three barrels of the other stuff (rings, caps, buttons, etc.) so that's good to go.  How much of a barrel deficit are you talking about?  And were they counted when you received them from the manufacturer?

If you want, you can move the third barrel into the second run, and I'll pay the difference.

Kenom

Bionic-Badger said:
I've received 2/3 of the (barrels + drivers) I ordered.  I did receive parts for three barrels of the other stuff (rings, caps, buttons, etc.) so that's good to go.  How much of a barrel deficit are you talking about?  And were they counted when you received them from the manufacturer?

If you want, you can move the third barrel into the second run, and I'll pay the difference.

Yes, they were counted when I got them from the manufacturer. I still do have 7 barrels that don't have tail sections because they are getting turned from the manufacturer to replace the defective ones. I'm in the middle of going through and trying to backtrack how many I've shipped so far (not an easy task with them gone) I'm also trying to see who I've needed to ship to and from there determine exactly how many I'm short. I'll get back with that total soon.

Bionic-badger, I will take you up on your offer. As to the extra stuff, I'm not sure I sent extra stuff as each barrel comes with 3 aperture covers, 3 tailcaps, so take those into account.

*AMKDEATH NOW DONS THE KENOM BADGE OF HONOR FOR PAYING FOR HIS APERTURE COVER AND RETAINING RING* :p ;D ;)

lol yea, and about the diode removal tool... if its open can, put the top of your kryton, or your aixiz module in a vise, put the rod in through the top (where the lens usually sits) and push on the little gold piece that holds the die and surrounds the pins WHILE HOLDING YOUR HAND UNDER THE MODULE/HEAD. the diode will safely pop into your hand.

I have done this HUNDREDS of times, without killing a single diode.

IF YOU ARE FAINT OF HEART, CANT TAKE RISKS, OR DO NOT HAVE OPEN CAN DIODES THE KENOM DIODE REMOVAL TOOL IS THE THING FOR YOU​
regards,

amk

Not sure what I'm doing wrong with the driver, but I can just modify it into the traditional DDL configuration I suppose, using the LDO regulator. There's a lot of room in that barrel.

Kenom

lets see some pics. have you got both the bluray and red resistors on at the same time? you may want to remove one or the other if you have both.

Here's a shot of the front and back of it, with some notes and correspondence points. I originally intended to attach a multi-turn pot to the driver, which is why a lot of the stuff is on the back instead of the front (made soldering easier too); however, I eventually removed it. There are some scars, but basically everything is intact. I've also checked for any possible shorts that might have arisen, as well as checked for connections between points. The pot works correctly with all the pads as well.

The "not connected" is pointing to the two pins of the diode, which may appear messy, but are jumpered. I did rip a pad, but connected the component to other pads on the board to make the connection. Those two resistors on the back are used instead of the single 100k, to achieve a value somewhere between the 2.7k and 100k. Since they resistors don't have the tightest tolerances, they're more like 42k each.

I can retest anything you have questions on.

Attachments

• front_back_merged.jpg
    front_back_merged.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 59
I just checked and the correct leg was removed.  The diagram here is from the bottom according to the datasheet. Boy do I hate that smell of burning components.

I know this was probably said somewhere but senkat did you ship out all of the Fusion drives?

toked323 said:
I know this was probably said somewhere but senkat did you ship out all of the Fusion drives?

No, he didnt. we are waiting on eather blue to give senkat the money to shipt them, or us to have to pay the shipping ourselves.