Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

GB laser barrels

You could try buying a hardrive of identical model, then transplant the platters from the old into the new..... You might need a cleanroom....

Kenom

Fusion Drive assembly instructions.

Enclosed you will find the following components
1 board
1 - 1 ohm resistor (bands – brown black gold gold)
2 – 2.7k resistors (bands – red purple red gold)
1 – 100k resistor (bands – brown black yellow gold)
1 – Capacitor
1 – Voltage regulator (TLV1117)
1 – Lm385
1 – potentiometer

Most of the component locations are labeled on the board and are pretty straight forward.  There are 2 changes from the layout that need to be addressed.

The output on the laser diode and capacitor’s placement is backwards.  Where it is labeled + it should be negative.  So, your capacitor will be placed opposite the way that it is labeled.  
2nd, the lm385 pictured to the side is correct in its placement from the top of the board with the hole below the “5” and “8” not used at all.  Only the holes below the “lm3” will be used.  If you place the lm385 on the bottom side(unprinted side) the orientation will rotate 180 degrees. Pictured to the right is what I call top of the board and will forever understand this is the top.  So when top is mentioned I will be referring to the top of the board in the picture.  I.e. left, right, top, bottom - not the unprinted side of the board.  There are two components that have to be mounted on the top section and that is the regulator (TLV1117) and the potentiometer.  I will also include this on the forum threads so that the images can be viewed larger. The remainder of the components can be mounted on the bottom (unprinted) or the top (printed) and is easier to mount on the bottom (unprinted) although not more compact like it will be on the top (printed) side.

R2 is the resistor you choose to select either bluray mode or Red mode.  The 100k resistor is used for bluray mode, and the 2.7k resistor is used for Red mode.  You will need to jumper between the 1 ohm resistor and whichever mode you would like to select.  You will see a pad specifically designed for this purpose right next to the mounting of R2 on the bottom of the board.  The trace goes left to the 1 ohm resistor.  I would recommend NOT installing the resistor that you are NOT going to use.  So, if you’re going to want bluray mode, do NOT solder on the 2.7k resistor on R2.  Vice versa, if you are using Red mode, do Not solder on the 100k resistor.  This will prevent any accidental shortings to the trace below it from excess solder.  

PIC_0027.jpg

DSC00163.jpg

Kenom

for those that are questioning what the post above is all about, it's assembly instructions as included in the packages. I've mentioned above that the pictures would be posted on the forum and that's just what I did. Posted the instructions online.

Kenom -- You never sent me instructions.. I feel left out of this Kryton Klub :( ;D ;D ;D

Mike

Hemlock Mike said:
Kenom -- You never sent me instructions.. I feel left out of this Kryton Klub :( ;D ;D ;D

Mike

lol I haven't even gotten my board... Wait, do you want us to e-mail you even if we just have a board waiting? Cause I already got my Barrel...

Kenom

Hemlock Mike said:
Kenom -- You never sent me instructions..  I feel left out of this Kryton Klub  :(     ;D  ;D  ;D

Mike

That is because you havn't gotten a driver.  And since you indicated you could build your own, I had no intention of sending you a driver.  Would you then like me to send you just the instructions?  LOL

AMK I am asking that everyone PM' or email me regardless of if the order is already in your hands and communicate that the order has been shipped, this is what I'm still waiting on, I'm not waiting on anything thanks for the great job, or anything to update what I've lost.  Google checkout just gives me a list of buyers.  it doesn't tell me who I've shipped to, or what I owe still on the partial orders.  or if there has been an address change since the order was placed.  so forth, so on, etc, etc... (never understood the second use of etc. in that statement its redundant)

Please don't take offense if I don't personally remember each and every single one of these orders. There is soo much information and so many people that remembering just isn't an option and I apologize if I've upset you.

Jaeger

Tips on how to push fit the diode might be beneficial :) Seems nice and tight to me lol  (Should make for good heatsinking.)
And I don't think you upset him, I think he was just kidding a bit.  Lots of smiles.
Thank sucks about your harddrive, at least the first run is about to be over! Then just bask in the glory of good reviews! :cool:

Kenom -- I told you all I needed was the barrel ;D I'm not helpless and I like my kryton.
I was just jiving you because everyone else is jiving you ;)

I'm Happy -- Mike

Hemlock Mike said:
Kenom -- I told you all I needed was the barrel ;D I'm not helpless and I like my kryton.
I was just jiving you because everyone else is jiving you ;)

I'm Happy -- Mike

Hey - that makes you a JIVE TURKEY ! Hehehehe...damn, that was TOO easy, Mike...... Muahahahahaha !

Good to know we can always count on Senkat for an easy punch line ;D ;D ;D We can still have fun here :)

Mike

Wise guy huh?? ;D Beat this :)

6x BluRay in a Kryton :cool:

Mike

Attachments

• Blu3_001.jpg
    Blu3_001.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 77
My neighbors are asking for summer backyard laser shows like last year!!
This year will add 488 ArIon!! 405 is kind of a special color only WE enjoy.

Mike

daguin

Hemlock Mike said:
My neighbors are asking for summer backyard laser shows like last year!!
This year will add 488 ArIon!! 405 is kind of a special color only WE enjoy.

Mike

Out of all my lasers, the 405nm's are my wife's favorite color

Peace,
dave