Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

GB laser barrels

Yeah, I soldered all the non surface-mount components on the back-side. Let me know if you ever get it working. The driver never actually worked for me. Not buying any BlueFusion-branded electronics again.

Kenom

I've assembled lots of these things guys and they work fine. Not sure why everyone is having problems.

kdubbz

Ok this next driver assembled much better with everything soldered on the back, minus the surface mount ones, I am more confident in this one, but it seems leaving a gap between the board and the head with the diode in it doesnt leave much room for a spring to sit inbetween the battery and board. Also, I probably killed this bluray in the process of taking it apart, dropped it several times, so I dont think it will work. hahha anyways gotta get some more bluray diodes, and a new driver. Anyone have left over bluefusion drivers?

Kenom

I should have a new one to ship you in a day or so if your interested they are $6 shipped to the U.S.

I'm still not sure how the driver is supposed to work too... Even the simulations didn't like it...

Ken,

I got my laser barrel today, everything as ordered. Now I just need some spare time to build something cool with it.

Thanks for all the work you put into this project.

Kenom

quantile said:
Ken,

I got my laser barrel today, everything as ordered. Now I just need some spare time to build something cool with it.

Thanks for all the work you put into this project.
Sweet. Glad you got it ok.

I did want to throw out there to those that havn't gotten thier barrels yet that I ran into a few barrel tailcaps that had a few issues. The manufacturer is turning those tailcaps again with the second run and I will ship out the remaining barrels when those are done.

Well, I finally made something out of my Kryton I: my first working--not dying--blu-ray. I have no idea what mW it has, but I set my rckstr driver to 100mA, and the barrel doesn't even warm up even after leaving the thing on for a while to take some photos. That stupid diode also didn't line up perfectly in there, so the beam comes out at a slight angle, but not enough to really affect things.

My only complaint: I wish that ring that separates the battery compartment from the driver compartment wasn't metal. My positive-connecting spring likes to buckle and sometime short against the case, causing those stupid Ultrafire protected batteries to assume a permanent 1.25V. I had to hollow out one of the endcaps I wasn't planning on using to help guide it through, and still needed a paper shield around it. But otherwise, this thing is great. Really looking forward to Kryton II, and the open cans from amkdeath so I can make a monster red with the other Kryton.

daguin

Bionic-Badger said:
Well, I finally made something out of my Kryton I: my first working--not dying--blu-ray. I have no idea what mW it has, but I set my rckstr driver to 100mA, and the barrel doesn't even warm up even after leaving the thing on for a while to take some photos. That stupid diode also didn't line up perfectly in there, so the beam comes out at a slight angle, but not enough to really affect things.

My only complaint: I wish that ring that separates the battery compartment from the driver compartment wasn't metal. My positive-connecting spring likes to buckle and sometime short against the case, causing those stupid Ultrafire protected batteries to assume a permanent 1.25V. I had to hollow out one of the endcaps I wasn't planning on using to help guide it through, and still needed a paper shield around it. But otherwise, this thing is great. Really looking forward to Kryton II, and the open cans from amkdeath so I can make a monster red with the other Kryton.

Congratulations. The Kryton is cool, ain't it?

In the Kryton the diode should be pressed just slightly farther into the head than flush. This is probably why the diode isn't "square" with the body. A little out of alignment won't effect anything, but it can be annoying if it is too pronounced.

To protect from the spring shorting against the case, cut a plastic straw the length of the spring and slip it over the spring. It is much easier to protect the spring than it is to insulate the battery stop.

Peace,
dave

Kenom

that and shorten your spring. You've obviously got too much length on your spring or it wouldn't be curling.

Kenom

hate to resurrect this thread but I'm making sure that those that didn't get a barrel make it clear to me. I'm expecting the Kryton grooves that I'm needing to fill all the remaining orders from this GB very soon and want to make sure my list is up to date with who hasn't gotten their barrels from this GB. Do not sound off if you have your barrels.

If you have not recieved your barrel from this run post in this thread with your transaction number as proof and I will make sure that your order gets filled ASAP. Thanks.

Kenom said:
hate to resurrect this thread but I'm making sure that those that didn't get a barrel make it clear to me.  I'm expecting the Kryton grooves that I'm needing to fill all the remaining orders from this GB very soon and want to make sure my list is up to date with who hasn't gotten their barrels from this GB.  Do not sound off if you have your barrels.

If you have not recieved your barrel from this run post in this thread with your transaction number as proof and I will make sure that your order gets filled ASAP.  Thanks.
:( got my hopes up for a sec til i realized it was from the first run.... :'(