Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

GB: Diffraction Gratings from Dragonlasers

IsaacT

Hey everybody,

I am going to be ordering a laser and a few diffraction gratings from Dragonlasers soon and
figured it might help out some people if I let people piggyback their gratings into the US on my order,
to save shipping(since it is 18 dollars coming into the US). Dragonlasers offers two types of gratings.

1. Transmission Matrix Grating - This is the type of grating that splits a beam into many different beams
at many different angles. When you see a lot of laser dots making up a large square on the wall you
are seeing the result of one of these.

2. Transmission Fan Grating - This is the type that splits the beam into many along a single plane.
When you see a lot of laser dots on a wall making up a line, you are seeing the result of this type of grating.

All of their diffraction gratings are $11.99, and due to the manufacturing cost being so close to their sale
cost, there will be no price breaks on them. This is truly just a way for people to get these without paying
too much on shipping.

I am going to figure out the best way to ship them, and then that will dictate shipping cost per person.

T = 1.04(11.99x + S/H)

If you buy three gratings and shipping turns out to be 5 dollars, you are looking at $42.61. The 1.04
is to account for paypal fees. People who send as gift can disregard that part. For them it will be $40.97.

I am not purchasing my laser for another week most likely(gotta think it over/make sure my eye
is on the correct one. Dont want buyer's remorse on a 500 dollar laser), so there should be enough
time for people to think it over. Since there are no price breaks, I am not worried about pushing
for a lot of numbers. I am not trying to reduce shipping costs on my package, the entire 18 dollars
shipping to get the package in the country will be on me.
This is just something I'll be glad
to do for any who need some gratings.

Cheers,
Isaac

P.S. - I know some of you were involved in the CNI GB I had taken over and then was unable to complete
and had to hand over to someone else. This isn't like that. Unlike a laser GB I will not be required to test
each extensively and do many different types of packages. So, before someone comes in the
thread and says anything about it I want to alleviate those concerns. No matter what this will happen.
Even if I don't get a laser I am still going to be buying gratings myself.

IsaacT

THE LIST:

The Lightning Stalker - one fan
Jstrawn - one of each
Bionic-Badger - one of each
Down with Umbrella - one of each
Commandr - one of each
ultimatekaiser - one of each
starlight - one fan
Wannaburnstuff - One 30mW 589nm Spartan and one of each gratings

Last edited:

Tmack

I may be in for a couple.

Which laser are you looking at?

IsaacT

Woops, damn phone. Auto correct is the bane of my existence.

Tmack

Only teasing wannaburn :D I really hope you knew I'm aware it was a typo. How insulting!

gismo

Looks like it's not happening for me since I'm not based in US... well, I guess to do get one of each diffraction grating type on my own (end of this month).

Best of luck with the GB, WBS:beer:

Thanks Livinloud!
I can never have enough diffraction gratings. I will probably order a few when WBS is ready to officially start taking orders and payment

IsaacT

Hey gismo, let me run by the post office and check on shipping to you. Cheapest option might be worth it for ya.