Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

GB #2: LaserMan (Dinodirect) FireDragon 250, 300, 500mW GroupBuy - CLOSED

Yep, I used very good Samsung batteries and some high discharge Ultrafires...those were my best results....the no name blue that came with it and some of the grey trustfire cells gave even worse results. My question is this though...if they sell it as a guaranteed 500mw laser then what are they using to test them? Why would they guarantee them at one wattage and then send it with a battery that wouldn't get close to the specs? It doesn't make much sense to do that without stating it somewhere in the advertisement...."this laser is garunteed to be 500mw but not with the included battery" it's a bit absurd really....best not even send a battery with it....just my two and a half cents.

Still waiting to hear if anybody's button works like mine....anybody?

What would be really cool to do is to have one of the metal turners around here build an extension tube for the host and put two cells carefully wired in parallel....I bet Bobhaha your laser would quickly zing past 650mw and stay there....both my green lasers do this bottle neck type of rise and fall to stability..you really think this is a function of the discharge rate of the battery or possibly the heating of the unit? If it's the battery's ability to discharge then I will certainly try two cells in parallel and have an extension tube built...

What would be really cool to do is to have one of the metal turners around here build an extension tube for the host and put two cells carefully wired in parallel....I bet Bobhaha your laser would quickly zing past 650mw and stay there....both my green lasers do this bottle neck type of rise and fall to stability..you really think this is a function of the discharge rate of the battery or possibly the heating of the unit? If it's the battery's ability to discharge then I will certainly try two cells in parallel and have an extension tube built...

Do you know what voltage and current is safe to give these? 300 and 500 versions? I know me and bobhaha have dc power supplies so we could probably just give it what it wants and skip the batteries to do some testing

Also I don't have the turbo button phenomenon lol

Last edited:
I have run my firedragon with a regulated dc power supply.
I set the voltage at 4.2V and turn the current all the way up.
That way, it will tell me what current it pulls.

Has anyone run theirs on an IMR 18650?

I really love the firedragon.. Is there going to be another group buy? I really want one too! :p

Greetings,,

It has been about 48 hours since I contacted Kath and the store and so far nobody has contacted me back. Anyone else trying to get in touch with them about their underspec 500mw? are you getting anywhere? I am starting to worry, someone here tell me I am being paranoid. I want to return it for a refund.
Jeff

Give them some time. They don't work on weekends. It is 10am Monday for them now. I can't say for lasersman, but Kath will help out as much as she can

rhd

Hey guys,

I've heard from Kath - she is looking into this and chatting with others at LM.

And azzman is correct, they generally don't work weekends.

LPKath

It has been about 48 hours since I contacted Kath and the store and so far nobody has contacted me back. Anyone else trying to get in touch with them about their underspec 500mw? are you getting anywhere? I am starting to worry, someone here tell me I am being paranoid. I want to return it for a refund.
Jeff

Hi, everyone, I am very sorry for the late reply to this. I think it's necessary to put the reasons here: it is weekend, I am not on work, this is not important,the most reason is that, there is something wrong with my network in home, I can't access to the internet on the weekend, and I replied to Jmillerdoc as I read his message this morning after I arrived my office(Monday). Again, sorry for the worries brought by late reply. we will serve you with qualified products and reasonable price, anyone with any question may leave me a message, and I will reply it ASAP.
thanks for your passion on our products!
best wishes to you all!
LPKath

Last edited:
Thanks Kath, sorry, I forgot it was the weekend...I was working myself and sometimes forget some of the rest of the world does take a break at times. I am confident you guys will take care of this...
Sincerely,
Jmillerdoc

plexus

Hello all. Bad news. I am going to have to issue a credit card dispute against Lasersman. Here is the email trail. I wish you all the best with your purchases. I will be posting in all available forums and sites not to business with Lasersman in any way as they will not provide the customer support they state on their website.

First, the excerpt from their site which I have made a copy of:

Returns & Replacements
When you need to return a product to us, please contact us:

Fax: 650-240-3909
Email: service@lasersman.com
If necessary, you can require a full refund including shipping fees or a replacement of the same item. We will try our best to make
sure your return is handled promptly and efficiently.

The laser arrived Dec 8 and you can see I posted about that on page 6. I emailed LPKath about the issues on 8 Dec and I emailed Lasersman, as per LPKath's instructions, through their website from on the 8th. I also emailed their customer support address on the 9th and they emailed back about how long ship times are, obviously not understanding what I was saying. I emailed back on the 12th when I got their reply and this is the correspondence. Elsewhere on their site they state that you must get in touch with them in 7 days which I did, the latest being the 12th, 4 days after receiving the laser.

On 12 Dec 2011, at 10:26 PM, lasersman wrote:

Thanks for your email!
As for what you said,we can not confirm the problem and what`s wrong with the item. Would you mind to get a $ 10 coupon which you can use on our website?
Hope for your understanding and please feel free to contact with us should you have any problem.

Best Regards,
summer
lasersman

Date: 2011-12-10 00:06
To: service
Subject: order 1107100000387 problem
hello. I purchased a Firedragon 500mw 532nm laser from you. It is not working correctly. it is barely outputting 450mw and appears to be operating in TEM01. it does not mode hop but rather stays in this non-TEM00 mode. It may have been damaged in shipping. I can send you output graphs plotted using my Ophir based laser power meter as well as pictures of the dot.

I would be open to trying out another 500mw but you would have to pack it very well. I think this may have been damaged in shipping as it was not packed very well. But if the second one is not operating properly I would then ask for a full refund. I have enclosed the output graphs and pictures. in the beam dot picture the top dot is from an o-like OLNG which is basically the same as the firedragon. the middle "dot" is from the firedragon, the bottom dot is from an Ultralasers 532nm pen.

Brett

Last edited:

rhd

Hey Plexus,

Have you given them a chance to respond to your dissatisfaction? IE, have you told them $10 is not acceptable?

It may take a couple emails back and forth. I'd probably try that, and try talking to Kath once more, before disputing charges.

Cheers

plexus

hi rhd. I appreciate your advice but their policies are clearly stated on their site and the expectations of how they will respond to a request for a refund are very precise and clear, that being "Q10: Is there a return policy? Yes, if you are not satisfied with the product within 7 days of receiving it, return it for a full refund... Contact service@lasersman.com for additional information and procedures." and "If necessary, you can require a full refund including shipping fees or a replacement of the same item. We will try our best to make sure your return is handled promptly and efficiently."

So I don't feel I have to do more than I have. It in their gamut of responsibilities to fulfill their policies as publicly stated, not me to spend my precious time trying to get a refund when I can simply call my CC and get the money back. Its a pretty clear case to me and my experience with my CC company, this will result in a full refund.

I would advice anyone considering buying from Lasersman to NOT do so unless you are willing to take all the risks that they will not, as demonstrated by them, honour their own policies.

Hey Plexus,

Have you given them a chance to respond to your dissatisfaction? IE, have you told them $10 is not acceptable?

It may take a couple emails back and forth. I'd probably try that, and try talking to Kath once more, before disputing charges.

Cheers

I too have made three attempt at contacting them and have had no response. So far Kath is the only one to contact me to assure me they she will help reconcile the problems. I am not sure how Kath fits into the equation however...I don't believe she works for Lazerman. I could be mistaken however. I have sent a fourth email requesting a response and warning them that a failure to reply and issue an RMA number for return will result in my having to do the same with my credit card company. So far from what I have seen my laser is the worst of the batch. $10 coupon is certainly not sufficient. I am not to the point I want to wreck their reputation and I hope it doesn't come to this.

plexus

I too have made three attempt at contacting them and have had no response. So far Kath is the only one to contact me to assure me they she will help reconcile the problems. I am not sure how Kath fits into the equation however...I don't believe she works for Lazerman. I could be mistaken however. I have sent a fourth email requesting a response and warning them that a failure to reply and issue an RMA number for return will result in my having to do the same with my credit card company. So far from what I have seen my laser is the worst of the batch. $10 coupon is certainly not sufficient. I am not to the point I want to wreck their reputation and I hope it doesn't come to this.

You don'y have to wreck their reputation. with customer service like they have given you and I they have wrecked it themselves. all you have to do is communicate your factual experiences.

Advice: take a record of everything! screen shots from their site, of your order, anything you don't have a local record of. if you need to prove what happened you can then use this. a CC requires this if you open a dispute and the more documentation you have supporting your position the better.