Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Stainless Steel 18650 Kit! Polished! Perfect for 445...

jayrob

Stainless Steel 18650 kits with options ordered shipped today: (Monday)

kturnbull

Howie

Hope you guys like them! :thanks:

Hi Jay,

Will you please quote me on a polished SS 18650 kit with copper upgrade, Knurled EZFocus adapter, AixiZ module, AixiZ 445 lens?

* SS 18650 basic kit - $55 (host/heatsink/drill the pill)
* Copper heatsink upgrade - $12
* Knurled EzFocus adapter (if desired) - $24
* AixiZ module - $5
* AixiZ 445 glass lens with AixiZ focus ring - $11 / Or with Custom Focus knob - $25 (see here: http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/fs...ses-51727.html )
* Shipping - 3% of total plus $3 (based on PayPal fees plus postage)

I am not sure on the lens.. Do I need the both Custom Focus knob and the EzFocus adapter options if I want to use the AixiZ 445 lens?

Assuming I do not need both (or I use the AixiZ focus ring with EzFocus adapter), I come up with

55+12+24+5+11 = $107

plus shipping ($3 + $3.21)

for a grand total of $113.21

Is this correct?

Also, will my UltraFire BRC 18650 3000mAh cell have any problems fitting this host? (18.5mm x 67.3mm)

Thanks!

Dan

I also want to mention to everyone who has orders with me for this kit, I finally got my delivery of hosts, and should have plenty of stock now. I will be working through the back log per 'date paid'...

Glad to hear about the hosts Jay, looking very forward to this KIT :D

jayrob

Yeah finally got good stock on them...

I'm doing the best I can with the orders. Thanks to everybody for being so patient...

laserdan, about the focising adapters. It's just one or the other. If you get the EzFocus adapter, then you don't need the Custom Focus Knob...

Two different styles is all.

Yes, that battery should fit just fine...

Sending PM...

Last edited:

jayrob

eugene420, I sent your maxed out 'Hot' option SS 18650 kit with all of your options today. (Tuesday)

Hope your build goes well!

Knaxta

Hey jayrob, i have been looking at your stuff for about a month now, very impressed. I cancelled my spyder arctic after seeing this, and I am now ready to make a move :D. A few questions before I proceed:

When you say "maxed out 'Hot' option", do you mean its mA is maxed? What is the maximum and would this not be damaging to the diode?

Also, If I get the copper custom module, I wouldnt need to get the AixiZ module would I?

Thanks

jayrob

Hey jayrob, i have been looking at your stuff for about a month now, very impressed. I cancelled my spyder arctic after seeing this, and I am now ready to make a move :D. A few questions before I proceed:

When you say "maxed out 'Hot' option", do you mean its mA is maxed? What is the maximum and would this not be damaging to the diode?

Also, If I get the copper custom module, I wouldnt need to get the AixiZ module would I?

Thanks

Maxed out for the driver capability. (V5 FlexDrive) But this set up is not shown in the driver documentation for a 4+ volt diode. Nor do any of us know how long the diode will last at 1.5 Amps.

So I will set it up that way only by request, and at your own risk.

I would recommend 1 Amp. (Micro Boost) It seems to be a good current for these 445 diodes.

If you use my 1/2" copper module, you will not need an AixiZ module. But honestly the AixiZ module is just fine...

For a 1 Watt build, you will need a host that takes an 18650 battery. Also, you will want to spend the extra money on a quality AW brand battery to handle the high current draw:
http://www.lighthound.com/AW-18650-Protected-2900-mAh-Rechargeable-Lithium-Battery_p_3671.html

Proper eye protection is needed. This will instantly damage the eye with a direct show or even a reflection off of a shinny object. Extreme care must be used…

The easiest build, is my black 18650 kit. It is a great 18650 kit in a slim host. It has several options with the kit. If you get the below recommended options, all you will need is your diode, and a battery. See all options here:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/fs-18650-build-kit-easy-assembly-445nm-blu-ray-red-43857.html

You can get the diode here:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/445nm-diodes-stock-xj-a140-52076.html

Dave also has an option to mount the diode into an AixiZ module for you. With lead wires soldered on. If you get that, then you won’t need the AixiZ module in my list below…
I recommend these options: (1 Amp will give you about 875mW's with an AixiZ 445 lens)

* 18650 kit - $43
* Copper heatsink upgrade - $12
* MicroBoost 'Hot' option set at 1 Amp - $48 (or let me know what current setting)
* Drill out pill, mount driver inside, leave heatsink a little longer - $10
* EzFocus Adapter - $24
* AixiZ 445 lens - $10
* AixiZ module - $5
* Shipping - $9 (based on PayPal fees plus postage)
* Shipping policy:
http://www.sonic.net/~jayrob/MXDL/shipping.html

If you want the 405-G-1 glass lens instead, add $45 dollars. (difference between it and the AixiZ)
The 405-G-1 is the most power, but the AixiZ 445 lens has a better looking dot for this multimode 445 diode at 15% or 20% less power. See lens comparisons for 445 here:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f65/445nm-a130-lens-comparisons-51456.html

Just do the math on options and message me for payment details...

The only problem is, I have a back log of orders that I am filling per 'date paid' to be fair to everybody. I am at least 3 weeks out on shipping of new orders. Maybe 4…

If you can be patient, you will not be disappointed with the kit...

Last edited:

jayrob

caldwell, I sent your Stainless Steel 18650 kit, and your Pocket Mini Chrome kits today. (Thursday)

All settings noted with the individually packaged kits...

Hope your builds go well...

:thanks:

can this be done with any handheld lasers?

an adjustable power output - like set the thingie to output a little less then the max the diode can handle and put a knob you can turn to make it brighter or dimmer - like something that just expels excess power as heat

yea this would make things heat up more quickly and drain the batteries just as fast but for those times when you just want to set it up and then turn the power up after you put on protective goggles this would be great

or maybe a high and low mode only would be good

iFoSh

can this be done with any handheld lasers?

an adjustable power output - like set the thingie to output a little less then the max the diode can handle and put a knob you can turn to make it brighter or dimmer - like something that just expels excess power as heat

yea this would make things heat up more quickly and drain the batteries just as fast but for those times when you just want to set it up and then turn the power up after you put on protective goggles this would be great

or maybe a high and low mode only would be good

You prolly should read up on how lasers work a bit more...

jayrob

Hope you like it!

jackson1966, I'm sending your SS 18650 kits today. (Monday)

All upgrades, options, lenses, etc... included.

Thanks for your patience...

jayrob

Thanks for your patience guys, I'm working through the orders per 'date paid' to be fair to everybody...

madmacmo, I sent your SS 18650 'Hot' option kit with all the options ordered today. (Thursday)

Hope you like it!

jayrob

iFosh, I sent your SS 18650 'Hot' option kit with all of your options and extra items today. (Friday)

Thanks!

iFoSh

Got my kit today! Everything looks great! Thanks for all your hard work, and i'll be sure to post some pictures when I finish!

Keep it up!