Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: New Pen Host Kits! Switch board with Spring Option - Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xer0

Are you still selling the "Black Satin Finish" hosts?
as my laser got stolen, i will have to build a new...

jayrob

Yes! :)

* Black pen host - $11
* Switch board - $3
* Shipping - $3

Total - $17 dollars. Just send me a PM...

:thanks:

Last edited:
I'm looking for he exact same ones without the clips. Do you have them/know where to get them?

Also, how is the module held in place? Is it press fit into the body or lenscap?

jayrob

I'm looking for he exact same ones without the clips. Do you have them/know where to get them?

Also, how is the module held in place? Is it press fit into the body or lenscap?

I only have the ones with the pocket clips...

Normally, you want the module to have bare metal contact. So you can just get creative in how you get it to 'press fit'. You can use a tiny blob of solder on the side of the module and file it to fit. (needs to get pretty hot to take solder, so prep it before pressing your diode...

Or you can even use a piece of wire between the module and the host for a 'press fit'...

IsaacT

The last post on this was from quite a few months ago so I must ask, do you still stock these? Hopefully not a necropost but if so I apologize, couldn't find any details.

jayrob

The last post on this was from quite a few months ago so I must ask, do you still stock these? Hopefully not a necropost but if so I apologize, couldn't find any details.

Yes I have them!

Send me a PM... :beer:

jimdt7

I know the last post was about ~10 months ago but do you still
offer the chrome ones...? :beer:

Jim

IsaacT

I have 3 of these Chrome beauties headed my way. Will be removing the diodes from my MS-V4's (a PL450 and a PL520) and will be making another with a 638nm diode. So I should have RGB Chome Pointers soon. :) Pending completion of those, I think I will be ordering 2 more and making one 12X 405nm(at a conservative setting) and one 650.

One question: the front looks like it has a screw on cap. How does that work? My plan is to adjust an Acrylic lens until I get the best possible divergence and then put a dab of epoxy on it. Then I hope to have everything in the pen host behind that nice looking cap. Would that be possible?

jayrob

I have 3 of these Chrome beauties headed my way. Will be removing the diodes from my MS-V4's (a PL450 and a PL520) and will be making another with a 638nm diode. So I should have RGB Chome Pointers soon. :) Pending completion of those, I think I will be ordering 2 more and making one 12X 405nm(at a conservative setting) and one 650.

One question: the front looks like it has a screw on cap. How does that work? My plan is to adjust an Acrylic lens until I get the best possible divergence and then put a dab of epoxy on it. Then I hope to have everything in the pen host behind that nice looking cap. Would that be possible?

The cap is designed to thread onto some green modules. (not all green modules are the same)

It then can 'press fit' into the front of the pen barrel, but most of these builds that we do with AixiZ modules and AixiZ focus rings, you don't use the front cap that the pen comes with...

IsaacT

I am looking forward to seeing how I can make the front work. I love how stylish the front cap looks and IMO it would be a shame to not use it. I will simply be making these permanent fixed focus lasers :)

Do you think a 12X would be too powerful for these pen hosts?

Thanks,
Isaac

jayrob

I am looking forward to seeing how I can make the front work. I love how stylish the front cap looks and IMO it would be a shame to not use it. I will simply be making these permanent fixed focus lasers :)

Do you think a 12X would be too powerful for these pen hosts?

Thanks,
Isaac

Not at all...

It's a small host, but remember that it's a momentary button. Just use a conservative duty. (probably about 1 minute max if your going for class 4 power)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.