Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: "Mosquito" Version 2 - All In One 1.2W+ 445nm Modules - 1667 mA

rhd

Hey,

I'm going to build a bunch of the V2s this afternoon, test, and bin them. Then I'm going to re-list them on an LPM'd basis.

As we discussed in the thread though, I'm going to increase the price. Not sure if I'll go all the way up to the $100 that we talked about, but I may go to like $95.

Cheers

TuhOz

Hey,

I'm going to build a bunch of the V2s this afternoon, test, and bin them. Then I'm going to re-list them on an LPM'd basis.

As we discussed in the thread though, I'm going to increase the price. Not sure if I'll go all the way up to the $100 that we talked about, but I may go to like $95.

Cheers

Okay.
I will buy one module w/ springs in 2 weeks. (if you have them)

If you're going to raise the price up to $95, that's a big change :undecided:
How about price around $85-90? :D

Okay.
I will buy one module w/ springs in 2 weeks. (if you have them)

If you're going to raise the price up to $95, that's a big change :undecided:
How about price around $85-90? :D

^^ Go to post #131 in this thread, and you will see why he decided to do this. Personally, I think he made the best decision.. ;)

rhd

I'm targeting the modules at 1W of LPM measured output with the included lenses. No silliness, no "this is what you might get with a G1, etc". Just pure, tested, 1W output. It's not going to be an earth shattering 1.8W unit, but, well, that's not the point of these :)

The approach I took this evening was to build each module at 1.25A.
- Then LPM them. If they had hit 1W at 1.25A, great. Very few did.
- If not, then based on that initial test, I increased the current up to what I estimated would give an output of above 1W (within reason, I never exceeded 1.6A). The resistor config on the Mosquitoes made this fairly easy to do.
- Then I LPM'd them again. At this stage, they all hit above 1W.
- Then I LPM'd them again 1 hour later.

I'm going to sell them as 1W units, and they will be. There aren't going to be any freak surprise over-spec units here. They'll all be hitting 1W to 1.1W. The higher efficiency diodes will at some stage probably get sold separately, but I'll cross that bridge later. The high efficiency diodes that came out of tonight's 10x Mosquitoes are already spoken for.

By the time they are sold here on LPF, they will have been LPM'd 3 to 4 times (because I'll LPM them before shipping as well). The modules will have BOTH leads and springs attached when you receive them, so there will be NO reason to do any soldering on the drivers AT ALL. You can snip off whatever you don't need (leads or spring). Nobody should need to modify anything on these modules ;)

I'm going to sell them on eBay for $98, and on LPF for - less than that. TuhOz, I think I'll hit your recommendation. I'm going to do $90 for 1x, and $85 each for 2x.

I'm also going to kick the shipping cost down from $5 to $4. Trivial change I realize.

We'll see how this goes. It's still way less than the crappy chinese modules seem to be selling for on eBay.

Last edited:
I'm targeting the modules at 1W of LPM measured output with the included lenses. No silliness, no "this is what you might get with a G1, etc". Just pure, tested, 1W output.

:gj: Nice to see that honesty. Looking forward :>

rhd

:gj: Nice to see that honesty. Looking forward :>

Thanks for the kind words.

In the next few days, I'm going to open a fresh thread and relaunch the sales of these guys.

In the meantime, a bit of a teaser for the upcoming "Wireless Mosquito". It's neat - it doesn't required any fixed power source, so it's able to stay a bit truer to the name "Mosquito". I'm still working out a few kinks (it needs to be held very still and securely in one stationary position). But it's showing promise, and the prototype works well. It uses a new driver design to boost ambient EM radiation into a usable voltage for the 445.

In this photo, the Wireless Mosquito is putting out about 180mW when powered solely by the wireless EM boost circuitry. The leads are still there so that the Mosquito can be used as a regular wired 1W+ linear driven module as well.

attachment.php

No biggy. Just a bit of innovation that I thought was cool. :eg:

Attachments

• IMG_5032.jpg
    IMG_5032.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:

benmwv

That is AWESOME!!!!

So does it pick up energy from the AC lines in your house, or will it work outside too?

Have you made a battery-less build yet? (what I mean is will that still work inside the metal shell of a host?)

Deer RHD,
please package a wingless mosquito, one wireless then another diodeless and one driverless...mix it and send the result to:
regalis
homeless
Germany

PS: It would be nice to pay less :D

Regards
regalis

Nice to see your product evolve...keep it going :beer:

Last edited:

rhd

So do you guys up North have a holiday like our "April Fools Day" ? :)

Hehe, no - just a Thanksgiving weekend (yesterday) that put me in a good (foolish?) mood :p

I thought that photo was clever! ;) Sorry for being evil.

LaZeRz

Lol, durr!

I see your running one of the polarities through that 'metal box' its sitting on :D

rhd

Lol, durr!

I see your running one of the polarities through that 'metal box' its sitting on :D

Hehe :)

In all seriousness though, the rest of my post wasn't a gag. I am going to get a new sales thread up and running shortly.