Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Modules, Modules, and More

daguin

I am going to put this one to bed. I am tired of looking at it and it looks like a ghost post anyway. Thank you for all your interest and inquiries

CLOSED

I was a little bored on Saturday so I built up some modules. They look like this ;)

405modules.jpg

First, the most numerous. I've got 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 3THREE burning red modules. These red burners all have either the Long Closed Can or the Long Open Can diode. They have Rkcstr drivers set to the max (~420mA). They have the aiXiz acrylic lens. They are putting out ~245mW. All you need to have a burning laser is a heat sink and 6-12V of power for it. Jayrob makes some nice flashlight kits/heat sinks. To make it a hand held, you will have to get a host that can hold batteries that will give a minimum of 6V. There are MANY members out there who's first burning laser was built with one of my modules like these. These Burning Red Modules are $35 each, shipped in the US. International shipping will be a bit higher.

1, 2, 3, THREE 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

**SOLD**Second, I have what may be the first ever offering of 6X based, violet (bluray) modules. I have four, THREE TWO ONE of these left. They have the GGW-H20L diode. They come with an aiXiz acrylic lens. They have a Rkcstr driver set to 195mA. They are putting out 180-190mW. If you get one of the 405-G-1 low loss lenses, they will produce >220mW! All you need to have a 6X burning violet (bluray) laser is a heat sink and 7.5-12V. Many of the same host/heat sink combinations I mentioned above will do here as well. You will need a minimum of 7.5V to run these. These are $100 each shipped in the US. International shipping will be a bit more.

one left2, 3, 4

Of course either of the modules above could be installed into a labby type housing as well.

**SOLD** My last module is a great little violet pointer module. It has the SF-AD115 diode. It has a Rkcstr driver set at 65mA. It has the aiXiz acrylic lens. It is producing 30mW. This would be great as a lecture pointer or being used to cause things to fluoresce. With this low power violet, you can see many of the more subtle fluorescent colors because it is not so bright that the "blaze" from the laser "drowns out" the colors. This will also require 7.5-12V. It is priced at $30 shipped in the US.

**SOLD**In addition to the modules, I have four long open can diodes (from the LPC sled) unattached and still in their stock heat sinks. These are $10 each, shipped in the US.

1, 2, 3, 4

Peace,
dave

Last edited:

I may take the last 4 items if you'll extract them for me... god how i hate the LPC heatsink...

Let me know (Via PM if you can) :thanks: Dave!

And even if i buy them, could you still tell me a good way to get them out other than risking it, by slicing the heatsink with a diamond disk and a dremmel tool....? *dont beat me*.. lol

Tyler - Dark Lasers

daguin

I may take the last 4 items if you'll extract them for me... god how i hate the LPC heatsink...
Let me know (Via PM if you can) :thanks: Dave!
And even if i buy them, could you still tell me a good way to get them out other than risking it, by slicing the heatsink with a diamond disk and a dremmel tool....? *dont beat me*.. lol
Tyler - Dark Lasers

Sure. I can pull them for you.

You think these are bad? You should have been around when we were extracting DT-0811 diodes. Those suckers were a half of a sphere! There was nowhere to "grab" 'em. You had to hold them in your fingers while you sawed or filed them out.

Peace,
dave

awesome deals dave! i recommend daves modules for anyone looking into getting a completed module. just look at his rep page and youll see he has excellent customer service as well.

omg!!! dave you should put more of these... i guess these will ease the time of building one laser...

sadly i already ordered some stuffs from glenn but dont worry maybe on my b-day this october i will probably order some... :)

for those who will order these modules.. I highly recommend that you all try Jayrob's kits.. for those who dont know how to build or just a beginner.. You might want to ask Darklasers for their build service,,,

These modules are high quality... go go go dave!

Last edited:

daguin

omg!!! dave you should put more of these... i guess these will ease the time of building one laser...
sadly i already ordered some stuffs from glenn but dont worry maybe on my b-day this october i will probably order some... :)
for those who will order these modules.. I highly recommend that you all try Jayrob's kits.. for those who dont know how to build or just a beginner.. You might want to ask Darklasers for their build service,,,
These modules are high quality... go go go dave!

By combining one of my modules (red or violet) and one of Jayrob's kits from this link;

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/fs-mxdl-host-heatsink-combo-4171-3405-a-22512.html

you can build your own for less money than Dark's build service.

All that is really required is the removal of the LED (and the white silicone in one), soldering two wires together (away from the diode) and putting the correct batteries into the host.

How about a 245mW burning red laser that you assembled yourself, for <$80

OR

A 190mW burning violet (bluray) laser that you assembled yourself, for <$150 If you get the optional low loss 4-5-G-1 lens form Jay as well, this one will do >220mW!

All assembled by YOU and for less money.

Peace,
dave

Wolf11

Hi Daguin im a little confused, i might be taking things all too literally here but in any case, here i go. You said all i need is a power supply and a heat sink, what about a driver?

I'm not Dave but I'm pretter, the driver is built in so you don't need to buy that part. if I didn't do my own I would buy several of these they are better than most !!!

Hi Daguin im a little confused, i might be taking things all too literally here but in any case, here i go. You said all i need is a power supply and a heat sink, what about a driver?

Wolf11

Oh dear my eyes are getting poor, i just read over and it's right in front of me, thanks in any case :)
In Jayrob's kits, he drills out the pills (rhyming :O) to fit the driver in, can i still use this module in kits which do the same as jay?
Edit: Pm sent :)

Last edited: