Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: DIY Green Kit! Host, Heatsink - Easy Assembly!

jayrob

Re: FS: DIY Green Kit! Host, Heatsink - Easy Assem

elitesniper said:
I got it jay! Very nicely packaged! I love it already! My new favorite... :) some pictures for you guys! Beam shots pics will be coming at night! I recommend this kit to every diy'er, jay even included me some labels! Extremely sturdy and great anodizing on the host.. thanks! ;)
My o-like 50mW also settles at 65mW!
The over all build weighs in at about 114grams w/ battery

Glad you like it!

Looking forward to the beam shots! :)

eggman3678, I'll have your DIY Green kit in tomorrow's mail! (Tuesday)
Jay

heres two beam shots :)
Jay! this host is amazing! I acidently dropped it while takeing off the dust cap in landed with a thud on my hardwood floor and not even a scratch and or dent on it!( this was on the ring on the front of the host)! great job choosing the host! :D
cimg2175q.jpg

cimg2177j.jpg

jayrob

We all know that cheap greenies can be had for less money...

But the thing about this host/heatsink kit, is that it does offer very nice heatsinking to the module! :)

And of course, it gives the great feeling of the DIY experience! Really easy to change out modules too if ever needed. :cool:

Nice beam shots by the way...
Jay

jayrob

aynonemus serv3d, your DIY Green kit with custom front piece and dust cap is shipping today. (Wednesday)

I think you will like how easy the assembly is for this kit! :)
Jay

A real nice kit, I have to say. Whats the expected battery life on these assuming a 50mw module and a new battery?

Despite the fact that this has an excellent heat sink, should duty cycle still be limited to 1 min max on?

FL350

jayrob

For calculating approximate battery life, you can figure the capacity of the battery, divided by the current draw...

Current draw will differ, with different modules. I tested my over powered 100mW (150mW) module drawing over 750mA's. This means about an hour on an UltraFire 880mAh rechargeable.

I tested an over powered 50mW module (80mW) drawing 375mA's. With that one, I would expect close to 2 hours.

As far a duty, I think it is best to stay with a duty cycle even with the good heatsinking. (IMO) But the 50mW modules are so inexpensive, it's not too bad to do some experimenting. Changing them out is a piece of cake with this build! ;)

Maybe for experimenting with longer run times, you might want to use the 3.0 volt Lithium Primaries. Easier on the diode, and more capacity!
Jay

i got the kit from you and i just got in the module from olike soo im putting it together right now lol i have misplaced you printed instructions though ....

jayrob

The main thing you need to know is the distance to position the module out the front of the pill as shown in this picture...

The only other thing is to solder a wire to by-pass the switch. (see pictures in the first post)

Let us know how it goes! :)
Jay

Attachments

• G12.jpg
    G12.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 111

ok so i put it all together and everything come to find out my green laser would "lase up" for idk maybe 30 seconds then cut off got to looking at it when i use my phone to look at it using the camera i see uv light comeing out of it but no green beam???? anyone wanna try to fix it lol my guess is that the crystal or something got bounced around in the shipping process i the the module from olike it was beautiful when it was on .... awesome realy but that doesnt matter when the beam doesnt show the whole time.
does anyone wanna try to fix the module preferrably one of the bigger names on here? could be a fun project.... or just a realy hard one idk

jayrob

Just contact Susie right away...

I have only had one bad module out of maybe 15. She just had me send it back, and she sent me another!
Jay

oh ok i will oh waite do i contact her here or through the store?

ok i asked her what i needed to do about it. so im sure ill get an answer tomorrow morning thanks jay
the build was realy easy to put together and everything i had to find me the right size allan wrench though that took a lil time but i had soem in a draw in the kitchen micro screw driver set

:D I would like to make a CORRECTION concerning i guess my HYPOTHESIS on why the laser wasnt working the module is fine i took the back end off the build you made me and i can cennect any other piece of "metal" frim the positive end of the batery to the side of the host and it comes right on .... ITS THE SWITCH on the back of the host i found the directions and i have alrealy shortend the pring but it still isnt working correctly if i bump it on my hand it will sometimes come on soo i think there idk something loose in there (the back cap) Know what i can do to fix it? besides that its awsome lol but due to that its not working aswell. ????

HEY BROSEPH i fixed it .... ITS great hosti think what is was is the first time i shortended the spring it was still to long and had to much pressure on it then i made it to short didnt make good contact luckily it got stuck onthe battery lol and it stretched it now it works great!!!! so nothing loose its fine or maybe i just put so much torque on it trying to get the battery off it fixed what ever was messed up or made a temporary contact well see.

could you post a link for the batterys or if there from olike just pm me lata

ok yea its the back cap is what is is idk how to fix it man lol.
it will actually stay on either way i click sometimes.
if i click on its on when i click off its off.
Weird i know.
any suggestions
Stephen