Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Custom machined laser hosts

I went to look at the other stock host you have and I couldn't find a price for it. Just the shipping costs to the USA. Is it the 501B remix? The one with the copper heat sink?

Hey Paul, the price is in big green text, right above the shipping cost. Maybe it's not rendering properly on your screen? Yes, the one with the copper sink.

Thanks. Can't say how I missed that before now. Must be my advanced age creeping up on me. :crackup:

Added a couple hosts for sale in the OP, been a little while since. :D Also, decided to play around, here's a pretty different heatsink style:

9rhrv6.jpg

Yes, I could do that, only the bigger one though (14500 battery bay) since I don't have any 10440 tail cap switches left. Do you mean knurled, as in the decorative pattern? If so, I could give it a try. The black material is a carbon fiber wrap BTW, it's hard to see since the image is small.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I'll be out of town from the 14th to the 21st, in case anyone's interested in getting a host

Hi, EP

Nice hex sink awesome i made one about 6 weeks ago and did nothing with it. Thinking hex brass with a copper core or AL. Well great hosts buddy .. A few pics of mine..

Rich:)

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_432.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_432.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 43
  • fullsizeoutput_433.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_433.jpeg
    111.1 KB · Views: 39
  • fullsizeoutput_434.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_434.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 36
Hi, EP

Nice hex sink awesome i made one about 6 weeks ago and did nothing with it. Thinking hex brass with a copper core or AL. Well great hosts buddy .. A few pics of mine..

Rich:)

Thanks Rich, same goes for me, I really haven't done anything with mine either :crackup: Was mostly just to see what the end result would be like. In the end not much changes other than the shape of the sink, though it does give a sort of unique feel that I find a bit appealing. Nice looking pics, I like the focus ring. Thanks for weighing in. :yh:

Last edited:
Wish I had a host I could mount ten laser diodes in a ring using three 26650 batteries. Problem is making the individual laser diode mounts adjustable, they are never quite parallel.

Re: FS: [NEW!] Custom machined laser hosts

Very nice looking host. I love that look. Copper and brass. Beautiful. :yh:

Oh, yeah. My mistake. I never see bronze used, but lots of brass.

BobMc

Restocked on a couple of the older hosts and just put a new one up for sale, copper ends with a bronze handle, I think it came out just right!

JYfIdQE.jpg

Hey, another beauty EP! Very nice look. :gj: love the two tone.

What size batteries does it use?

Last edited:

GSS

Added a couple hosts for sale in the OP, been a little while since. :D Also, decided to play around, here's a pretty different heatsink style:

9rhrv6.jpg

Yes, I could do that, only the bigger one though (14500 battery bay) since I don't have any 10440 tail cap switches left. Do you mean knurled, as in the decorative pattern? If so, I could give it a try. The black material is a carbon fiber wrap BTW, it's hard to see since the image is small.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I'll be out of town from the 14th to the 21st, in case anyone's interested in getting a host
It sure will help from keeping the laser form rolling of the table:D
Still though a nice different look to add to a collection:)

IDK. I like all of Sean's work. I like the carbon fiber wrapped handles and the bronze equally well. I am looking forward to getting one when I can justify the cost again.

Thanks to everyone, and for the +reps. :D

@Bob, it takes 2*18650s.

@Alaskan, you're pushing it :crackup: if you're really interested, feel free to PM me and I'll see what I can do.

All sold and copper-bronze has been reserved and pending payment. Will have a more in a few weeks or so. :thanks:

Encap

Great looking custom hosts --they are all nice but that hex heat sink host kills----very unusual and very attractive design at same time.