Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Custom machined laser hosts

EP's Custom Hosts Thread​

9qz6fp.jpg

See something you like? I can make one just like it!​

Custom Orders
──────────────────────────────────────────
I'm offering custom host/heatsink orders as a service, to prevent any kind of "traffic jam" situation I've come up with a queue. Whatever position you get you will essentially be waiting in a "line", though some larger orders can take up to 1-2weeks so expect that as maximum time for a single order. Some take as little as a couple days though so that can be a rough minimum.

I can do anything from <10440 - 2*18650 hosts in aluminum and brass, copper too but that's much more expensive. If you're interested in any other materials and/or bigger sizing feel free to get in touch with me and I'll see what I can do.

I'll read off drawings, sketches, 3D files, even just ideas in words. I'm happy to work with you.
│ All hosts are made completely by hand through quality machining processes and tools.

Average custom heatsink price range: $25-$45
Custom host price range: $75-$120

NEW: For a guide on how to make a laser out of these hosts, see this thread: http://laserpointerforums.com/f51/ep-s-host-build-guide-100917.html

01/2018: Sold out and slowing production on these for now. PM for any details or quotes.

Stock Hosts
──────────────────────────────────────────
This following section is the hosts I have created for the sole purpose of selling, and is not part of any specific order. Any hosts below that aren't sold already will be shipped within the week unless otherwise specified.

SOLD OUT
Tracked shipping to North America: 12.00$USD
To any Canadians let me know the province/territory you're in it'll be a bit cheaper
Takes 2*18650s
Tailcap clicky switch
Material: BRONZE and COPPER
mat7BfB.jpg

JYfIdQE.jpg

SOLD OUT
To any Canadians let me know the province/territory you're in it'll be a bit cheaper
Takes 2*18650s
Tailcap clicky switch
Material: "Aircraft grade" 6061 Aluminum
21ozuol.jpg

2e4z2b8.jpg

SOLD OUT
Takes 2*18650s
Tailcap clicky switch
Material: Aluminum/copper
"501-B remix"
21nir7s.jpg

SOLD OUT
Tracked shipping to North America: 11.00$USD
Takes 1*10440
Tailcap clicky switch
Material: Stainless & Copper
2iqdcmg.jpg

6joa5e.jpg

*Battery not included, for scale only

<Previous sales have been archived>

KEEP AN EYE OUT ON THIS THREAD FOR MORE HOSTS
in the future

-E.P.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Re: FS: Custom machined laser host(s)

Hey EP, nice looking host!
Good luck on your sale, and on your new host building endeavor! :beer:
:gj:

94Z28

How are you gonna do contact boards? Gonna do a threading for driver pills internally? Looks great and GL on sale.. I'd pick it up if I didn't buy to much stuff already

Thanks BowtieGuy, and 94Z28. :yh: I do the contact boards with wood (on the lathe) as an insulator and spacer with wire wrapped onto it for contact with the host and separation for the spring. I was going to pick up some contact boards but I ended up figuring out how to make them easily with the wood, it gives a great and easy result.

Edit: I've never used one of those driver pills before. Maybe I'll incorporate them some time, but the host above accepts a DTR 12mm module w/driver.

Last edited:

AaronT

Any chance that you will do side clicky hosts?

Sta

Excellent host EP, and good luck. +rep.
I might need to order a 14500 host (or maybe an approximation of the PGL-III-C) from you later. Are you able to do momentary (or clicky) side switches?

Last edited:

Thanks, Sta. I could probably come up with a nice 14500 host if you're looking for one, my first custom laser host took a 14500 battery. That would be too small for a side clicky though, the diameter of smallest side switches I have are 18mm so that's not gunna work even on the 18650 hosts.

AaronT, yes, I will but not until far down the road when I start making the larger battery hosts. Not for a while.

AaronT

Thanks, Sta. I could probably come up with a nice 14500 host if you're looking for one, my first custom laser host took a 14500 battery. That would be too small for a side clicky though, the diameter of smallest side switches I have are 18mm so that's not gunna work even on the 18650 hosts.

AaronT, yes, I will but not until far down the road when I start making the larger battery hosts. Not for a while.

Based on my current list of projects that I aspire to build vs my budget, I'm at least 3 months from putting money on a custom machined host.

Would be looking for a 2x26650 side click on/off lightsaber host.

Something to put the China girl in my profile pic to shame.

Sta

Re: GUIDE: Which company should I buy from?

Okay, good to know. What about the PGL-III-C clone? Would you be able to do that?

Okay, good to know. What about the PGL-III-C clone? Would you be able to do that?

Yes, I could clone it, but without the LED & side button, and the black theme. The tailcap would be a tail clicky. I like the heatsink it has too, the equal strip pattern. Neat concept and looks do-able, it's an 18650 battery host correct?

Sta

Yes, I could clone it, but without the LED & side button, and the black theme. The tailcap would be a tail clicky. I like the heatsink it has too, the equal strip pattern. Neat concept and looks do-able, it's an 18650 battery host correct?

It is indeed an 18650 host. Actually it might be really nice in silver! But the side button is a must for me. Couldn't you use an alternate switch? I have some 12mm clicky switches here.

It is indeed an 18650 host. Actually it might be really nice in silver! But the side button is a must for me. Couldn't you use an alternate switch? I have some 12mm clicky switches here.

Got a picture of em? With that size I could probably work something out. Only thing is I've never wired a side switch like that but it should be fine at that size. Make sure the 12mm buttons are no longer than about 16mm as they also need to fit the thickness of the host as well as the face.

Sta

Got a picture of em? With that size I could probably work something out. Only thing is I've never wired a side switch like that but it should be fine at that size. Make sure the 12mm buttons are no longer than about 16mm as they also need to fit the thickness of the host as well as the face.

I just took some pictures but it looks like they won't be necessary because the switch is 28mm long.
Of course, you (or I) can find some switches on amazon or similar that will do the same thing with a shorter length.

Edit: Picture anyway
IwDvfsi.jpg

Last edited:

make a sinner cypreus series copy? is it do able?

Sta, I'll look around and see what I can find. Unfortunately my local elec store doesn't have anything even close to small enough, so the internet it is.

Tomfire, yes, a sinner host would be easy to replicate as well. Just need a picture and some rough dimensions. And some time lol.

Pman

Looking forward to seeing what you can come up with. Looks like you might get a bit overwhelmed. Take it easy enough that it still seems like at least a little fun or you will burn out. Wish I had the stuff to do it as I generally have the time. I might be putting together some complete builds for a friends of mine soon to $ell. Will likely be simple but at least they should be built better than Sci stuff although that's not saying anything lol. They will be built well. Just awaiting pieces parts.
If anyone wants any really cheap (like $10 each) under 100mW 532nm lasers let me know as I have a bunch and I'll include the batteries with them. I made almost all of them over the years from Fasttech modules. As many as anyone wants of what I have left at $10 each and $6.80 for shipping regardless of how many you want (priority small box cost). Don't really want to post them in the BST section or I'll be inundated with too many requests. Hey, at least you will know what the peak output is and it costs more to build especially with the included batteries. Sold as is and we all know how finicky 532nm can be. Just send me a PM and I'll send a pic of what is left;)

Last edited: