Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

FS: 405-G-1 Glass Lens Mod - 31% Increase vs AixiZ!

Re: FS: 405-G-1 Glass Lens Mod-28% Increase vs Aix

Here's a picture of what it looks like with normal pointing...

Glass 405nm14.jpg

The picture was taken from 10' away. You can see the 'splash' yes, but the dot is very concentrated and is burning the closet door!

This is a very good picture to show what it looks like for normal pointing.

If you were to look at the dot close up with eye protection, it will look like rckstr's picture that he posted...
Jay

daguin said:
[quote author=WannaBurn link=1237515270/32#37 date=1237660671]Green lasrs actually have a perfectly round beam straight out of the pump medium. As long as the crystal set is not shifting out of mode. If you have an old green pointer you want to experiment with, remove the expander and view the beam without any optics. Straight out of the crystals, the beam is perfectly round, but will diverge rapidly. The additional optics are used to correct the divergence, or you would have a 6 inch dot at 10 feet away, but absolutely no noise surrounding the dot.

Edit* This is a pic of and old set I was playing with, but gives an idea of beam shape and rapid divergence.

And then the beam hits the lens and some is reflected back and bounces around the housing and enters the lens at variable angles and noise is introduced.

Peace,
dave[/quote]

Though minimal, I wouldnt compare the output of DPSS to any diode... Diodes are sloppy by nature, DPSS makes for one clean arse beam...

Also when I say noise, im refering to scatter surrounding the output. As long as the optics are clean from contaminents, you will never see spots, speckle, or lines. The apeteur plays no part in this.

Every pen or handheld I make in green, first gets a complete strip down, new optics and proper alignment. Im just saying that there is no comparisson when talking a diodes output vs DPSS.

Someone can post beam shots at night with this lens ?
Comparison would be useful  ::)

Thats one of the rare pictures that display the correct colors of a blue-ray.

I'll get some beam comparison shots when it gets dark.

Actually, you could probably see better beam shots with smoke in garage light...
Jay

I know I see lights better when I smoke out in the garage

Peace,
dave

With that monster build you have there Dave, you smoke things where ever your at! ;D

I just burnt the crap out of my fingers while focusing mine at only 384mW's... (only)
Jay

But I don't inhale ;)

Peace,
dave

Any information on if IgorT was getting as much noise or "slash" with his lenses?

Just got my blu-ray lenses in, along with a kit and some flexdrives (thanks DrLava!).

I don't have blu-ray diodes yet to try them out with :( but will put them in and try out the lenses as soon as I do!

Thanks Jayrob for being so patient with me and getting them to me so fast!

Zithras

Your welcome!

I'm going to be telling people who want me to do this mod about the 'splash'.

TheGr8Revealing, I have tried several times to contact Igor. He needs to get one of these bare lenses to compare...

He contacted me a while back to have me take pictures of the 'splash' from a Meredith glass lens. Because he said all of the lenses have some of this. Some really bad, some not as bad. That's why I want him to check this one out!

But he must be really scrambling with his taxes and stuff...
Jay

TheGr8Revealing said:
Any information on if IgorT was getting as much noise or "slash" with his lenses?

No one else (as far as we know) has seen a picture of the lens in action.

Knowing the perfectionist personality that is IgorT, it is probably pretty good.

Peace,
dave

Update:

Glass 405nm14.jpg

(Beam shot comparison with smoke)
Glass 405nm13.jpg

Jay

Dang, that sucker is bright!  :o   How would the picture turn out if you took a snap shot of all three of the dots next to each other?

VERY bright! And burns your fingers trying to focus! At this power, an acrylic lens will degrade fast...

I tried to get the dots using white paper because the new build burns everything it touches! 8-)

As you can see, it kept burning the white paper too.

These pictures are still washed out even with the blu-blocker glasses in front of the camera lens.

I had to put the 405-G-1 lens out of focus to keep it from burning the white paper...

Glass 405nm15.jpg

Glass 405nm16.jpg

Jay

Back