Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: 18650 Build Kit! Easy Assembly! 445nm, Blu-ray, or Red...

jayrob

Re: FS: 18650 Build Kit! Easy Assembly! Blu-ray or Red...

That's why I order the other host which is a complete light...

You need a board for the battery contact, and to mount your driver with.

But you can still do it if you have a board that fits the pill. Or the brass ring.

I have been using my DIY Green host (which is only a shell casing like you ordered) to fill some of these 18650 kit orders with the flood of demand because the 445 diodes...

The two hosts are identical except for the look of the outside barrel design.

The boards I have been using, are the AMC7135 350mA drivers from DX.

I had a few of those and I just removed the components from the board, and then could use the board to build the kits with the hosts that were 'shell casing' only...

That's why I order the other host which is a complete light...

You need a board for the battery contact, and to mount your driver with.

But you can still do it if you have a board that fits the pill. Or the brass ring.

I have been using my DIY Green host (which is only a shell casing like you ordered) to fill some of these 18650 kit orders with the flood of demand because the 445 diodes...

The two hosts are identical except for the look of the outside barrel design.

The boards I have been using, are the AMC7135 350mA drivers from DX.

I had a few of those and I just removed the components from the board, and then could use the board to build the kits with the hosts that were 'shell casing' only...

In case I don't find any, do you have any spare circuits you could send me? for $$ of course. I need 2 of them..

jayrob

Well they didn't cost much...

Why don't you send me your pill and brass ring and I'll charge you $10 bucks to install it with lead wires?

Or you can pay me $48 to install a driver into it with current set and lead wires soldered on the output.

Send me a PM... :)

jayrob

x101xtreme, I'm sending your 18650 'Hot' option kit today: (Friday)

* Using DIY Green host, copper H.S., drill out the pill and mount Micro Boost driver inside the pill...

Set at 700mA's! :) Use a high quality battery at this current. Like an AW brand battery...

It's a nice build...

Hope you like it!

I got mine yesterday :D Thanks jay! No microboost yet though :( I wish lava would answer me :rolleyes:

jayrob

Hope you like it!

18650 kits shipping today: (Tuesday)

Traveller (custom host, copper press fit heatsink, other item)
extelon ('Hot' option kit with copper heatsink, EzFocus adapter, small aperture 405-G-1, and other item)

extelon, your 'Hot' option is set at 640mA's per your request. Just waiting on the chrome host for your Pocket Mini kit...

Thanks!

...Traveller (custom host, copper press fit heatsink, other item)
Awesome Jay!
I still haven't figured out how you manage to go from "yes, I think I can make you one of those" to "I shipped it out" - on the very same day ... :eek::bowdown:

Awesome Jay!
I still haven't figured out how you manage to go from "yes, I think I can make you one of those" to "I shipped it out" - on the very same day ... :eek::bowdown:

Lol. That's our Jay :)

jayrob

Awesome Jay!

It's a nice host! I didn't make a thread for a new kit, but I would if there is interest in it...

Looking forward to you (expected) review! :) (I'm sure you will like it)

I'm very seriously considering getting this for my eventually 445 build, and I want to ask this: would it be reasonable and/or possible for me to set the output to 1 amp with a microboost and a 445? What kind of power outputs/duty cycles/battery life should I expect?

jayrob

I'd have to set one to an Amp to answer those questions...

But I can give you a good idea. You will want an AW 2600mAh battery. So at 1 Amp, let's just say you will draw 2 Amps. (probably less, but just for the sake of a good guess)

Then your battery should last at least an hour, or a little more.

Run times at that power?? I would guess maybe a 30 second duty. But honestly, if your pushing it that hard, then your not too concerned about possibly killing the diode right?

I'm sure you can probably get away with longer run times. But I'm not in a position to recommend anything. This is all 'test at your own risk' right? New diodes and all...

P.S. My next build will be set at 900mA's to 1 Amp...

Last edited:

Ok, thanks, but for anyone who has tried:
What kinds of output powers can I expect at an amp? I haven't seen a graph yet, so I don't know what to expect. I want about a watt of output, so I figure an amp would be just right.... And I'm concerned about killing the diode, but if these things can be expected to handle 1.84 watts than around half that should be no big deal.

Chris ended up somewhere around 2.6W before lens before it finally died, if I recall right that is. At an amp, before lens, I'd expect somewhere around 750-875mW, because every diode is different.

Chris ended up somewhere around 2.6W before lens before it finally died, if I recall right that is. At an amp, before lens, I'd expect somewhere around 750-875mW, because every diode is different.
That sounds good to me! My current plan is this host+aixiz 405 lens+microboost. How much do you think buying the copper heatsink will boost my duty cycle?

jayrob

It's a hard question that you ask...

Quite honestly, duty is just a guess. Especially since these are new diodes. And it's not like we're used to running a 1 Watt build in a hand held.

For $12 bucks more, go for the copper in such a high current build... :)