Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: >110mW PHR, >140mW 4x & >170mW 6x Blu-Rays

IgorT

In that case sign up for the GB, when time comes..

There the price will be half as much, and reviews will be available.

jayrob

Jay: Check out photos of my real work again HERE...

I need a sensor for those devices, but i'll design a round one for you to make on a lathe, OK? :yh:

Very interesting stuff there Igor! I can't imagine how much time you put into making those from scratch!

Is the technology for the breathing study your invention?

Sam7

i just want to get the info straight, since i am relaying this to starhawke.

$55 + shipping will buy the ez focusing adapter mounted on a glass lens and the glass lens will give an 18-20% power increase. is that correct

jayrob

It would be a two part deal if your talking about the EzFocus adapter from me. Because first you must get Igor's lens. And then I would either need precise measurements for where the lens sits at focus in relation to the front of the laser. (and other measurements)

Or, you would need to send the laser with lens to me in CA, so I could design the EzFocus adapter to fit Igor's lens.

The knurled EzFocus adapter is $20 bucks...

jayrob

Really nice demonstrations FrancoRob! I especially like the balloon popping. The best balloon pop demonstration I have seen. I also really liked the way you cut the match stick in half!
You have some steady hands man...

Great Franco!

How much work goes into such a video?

Eh, a lot...:yh:! This is the "best results" summary, but the "ground" covers a lot of "waste". For good luck there are digital cameras now, no more super8!!!

IgorT

Damn that thing is hot!!:wtf::drool:
Whats your estimated pricing on that IgorT?

Don't think I've seen a more powerful and compact blu-ray laser!

Now get this, the laser produces almost no heat!

I left my first 6x diode ON for three hours, i've made one hour Po plots, and it took a year to die with that kind of abuse...
With normal use it would last up to 5 years.....

The 8x gets more current, so it warms up more, but the driver operates at a high efficiency of almost 90%, and creates no heat, unlike linear driver...
Linear drivers produced 3 times as much heat as the laser diodes in the worst cases, or twice as much in the best case scenario.

A high efficiency DC/DC converter driver creates no heat on top of the diode, like only 7% of total heat, so the diode is the only heat source in the entire laser, because of that the laser can be smaller....

But the new v3 All-In-One Heatsink/Modules - all aluminum - takes care of the diode very nicelly....
They are made from two parts, that slot together, and some thermal paste goes in between. In the end it's sealed off with the contact board from below, in a vice...

I once made a module for TechJunkie with a linear driver. I put it in one of my v2 heatsinks, and the driver inside AixiZ overheated almost immediatelly.
The power dropped, and i could hardly measure the peak.

I am used to seeing the power stay put with my lasers, besides a laser with a linear driver would require three batteries.
Three batteries

My lasers made with my driver can easily be left ON for an hour and except spending an hour of diode's life, you won't do any damage to the laser if you accidentally leave it ON...

Not that i recommend doing that, it's safer if you turn it OFF after using, but you don't have to worry about seconds or minutes when using it...

I'll make some 20 minute graphs with my new 8x when i get it....

Last edited:

IgorT

Whats your estimated pricing on that IgorT?

Estimated pricing?

Well with a lower price of the drives... <$400 USD.. With special lens it's $430 USD...

It's $30 more than some but made by someone who worked with electronics for 10 years...

IgorT

$55 + shipping will buy the ez focusing adapter mounted on a glass lens and the glass lens will give an 18-20% power increase. is that correct

Look, i'll get the lens sorted...

If we make a mini test-buy, we get the lenses, and i make the lasers...

I'll make a dummy for Jay so he can make a focusing adaptor for it...

But Jay can use Franco's adaptor model....

We just need some simple measurements...

I'll order the adaptors from Jay and put them on laser by request if you guys like what it looks like...

IgorT

Is the technology for the breathing study your invention?

They use it for their ACCELERATED LEARNING.

The device had to be made to fit on the face. Measure breathing, display it on LEDs...

It sends to computer wirelessly, they monitor in another room, and they see on the graph my software records if a person is asleep or not...

One day i'll design software that will do it automatically from HOW the user is breathing..

For now it needs a person looking at the graph.....

IgorT

Look, i'll get the lens sorted...

If we make a mini test-buy, we get the lenses, and i make the lasers...

I'll make a dummy for Jay so he can make a focusing adaptor for it...

But Jay can use Franco's adaptor model....

We just need some simple measurements...

I'll order the adaptors from Jay and put them on laser by request if you guys like what it looks like...

They use it for their ACCELERATED LEARNING.

The device had to be made to fit on the face. Measure breathing, display it on LEDs...

It sends to computer wirelessly, they monitor in another room, and they see on the graph my software records if a person is asleep or not...

One day i'll design software that will do it automatically from HOW the user is breathing..

For now it needs a person looking at the graph.....

So your devices are used to support subliminal learning? Wow, it's a fascinating world, I think that there are no boundaries in such an electronic field for smart people...
For good luck someone of them has decided to spend a big slice of his time manufacturing excellent lasers....:beer: