Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

free Teenie burner.

laserwanabe said:
http://catalog.tycoelectronics.com/catalog/feat/en/c/15935?BML=10576,16354,13873

wow, i could't find anything.  How is something that seems so common so rare?

Well... you gotta think about.... what else would use a Clicky Switch... I can only come up with
Laser Pointers and Flashlights... :-?

Just to find a switch with similar enough dimensions, and the spring for connectivity.
I just don't know where to look.

Kenom

Hence the problems I'm having. I've shipped out hundreds of these damn clickies with my laser barrels. I get too many people inquiring for a replacement because it fails. How can you get replacements from DX for something that you ordered almost a year ago. What's the likelyhood of all 5 going bad in one order of 5. none so far, but it's not something I would be able to convince DX of.

Kenom

Xplorer877 said:

all three of those might work. The only concern I have about those particularly is the cost. Obviously, I'm not going to shell out $10. per for clickies for these barrels as it will cause the cost of the barrels to go up that amount.

WackBag said:
[quote author=Spyderz20x6 link=1227249636/0#14 date=1227317734][quote author=Kenom link=1227249636/0#13 date=1227315664]So far this is about the only one that looks like it might be a suitable replacement.  Nice find Wackbag

http://www.shiningbeam.com/servlet/the-93/Forward-Tactical-Click-Switch/Detail
I think i may have found one!

It's right here:

http://www.shiningbeam.com/servlet/the-93/Forward-Tactical-Click-Switch/Detail[/quote]

HaHa...lol...nice try :)  I can't wait to get my teenie burner ;D ;D ;D[/quote]
Somebody else might get it, though...

daguin

I just got my very first laser ever returned for a failed switch.

We should have never started talking about it ;) :D :p

I guess I'm going to have to lay in a small supply of clickys, eh?

Peace,
dave

Kenom

I think this switch soldered to a round pcb idea has merit. I'm going to have to see if some of the other clickies at DX can work in the Krytons. I've pulled those clickies apart a number of times to modify a clicky with on/on/off to on/off

daguin

I worked on the laser with the "faulty" clicky today. When I pulled it out, it worked fine. Back in = no work. hmmmmmm

I tried several things to improve the connection, but no go. I finally added a bit of wire around the clicky contacts and under the switch so it would make contact with the spacer under the switch. BINGO! It works fine. Has anybody else had trouble with the clicky just not maintaining a good connection with the host wall?

Peace,
dave

Kenom said:

all three of those might work.  The only concern I have about those particularly is the cost.  Obviously, I'm not going to shell out $10. per for clickies for these barrels as it will cause the cost of the barrels to go up that amount.
[/quote]

Yeah well maybe they offer a slight discount if your buy them in a large quantity. Personally I wouldn't mind dishing out another 5 bucks for one with a reliable switch. It's cheaper than buying and waiting for a replacement especially from DX.

Kenom

TacomanMcjab said:
You should try these....https://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15879  they supposedly have better conductivity.

The only problem with these is they are the same guts (the part that fails) Continuity on the spring honestly is not the issue. If that were the case I would have purchased these to begin with. However these fail just as much as the one's I'm using. Same base same fail rate.