Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FP Super 3 amp Test Load

I did think that, but somewhere I read here that only blues would be supported, and not any of the reds. I really was hoping that the switch was functional as I've yet to try it out. I'll be assembling a 405, 445, and an 826 this weekend, so it will get a work out.

Last edited:

Benm

Looks pretty cool.. but i'm just wondering: Why didnt you just put all those diodes AND the resistor on a single large heatsink? All the components are electrically insulated from the heatsink, right?

Hi Jeff,

I just sent funds by PayPal for your copper heat sinked test load.

Waiting anxiously. :yh:

Ed

Pyro this thing is Da-Bomb..Been using it all day working with many different drivers. I even used it when I added a pot to the new AixiZ driver..Which actually worked out pretty good. Doesn't get hot even with 2 amps.

Well if I had put everything on just one heatsink it wouldn't look so cool now would it :na:
They are on different heatsinks because they are different types of components and heat and cool
at different rates, I used a hearsink that was correct for the diodes and one that was correct for a ceramic resistor.

If for what ever reason a component dose need to be replaced it will be easer this way with the components on there seperate HS's.

Maby your pet ferret bites your load and you need to get something replaced :eek:

Looks pretty cool.. but i'm just wondering: Why didnt you just put all those diodes AND the resistor on a single large heatsink? All the components are electrically insulated from the heatsink, right?

Last edited:

jakeGT

Hopefully he doesn't bite it with 3A going through it. Dead ferrett much?

Howdy All just a note to let every one know I'm on a short hold here till some fresh Arctic Silver shows up
I had two kits and both are bad. I have it comming from three different suppliers so something should be here soon.
Hopefully I will be shipping the new 3amp loads this week ;)

Peace All...

Last edited:
Howdy All just a note to let every one know I'm on a short hold here till some fresh Arctic Silver shows up
I had two kits and both are bad. I have it comming from three different suppliers so something should be here soon.
Hopefully I will be shipping the new 3amp loads this week ;)
No rush here. I'm happy to wait for a good build. :)

Ed

The Arctic Silver has shown up so production is back on and test loads should be shipping tomorrow 5-24-11

Peace All...

jakeGT

Ok, so does it cost extra to have it to where you can set it to red or blue?